Discussion A "critical analysis" of ML yanderes and a cry for a revolution

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ike_00000, Jul 5, 2020.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. Of course

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I abstain

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ike_00000

ike_00000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright friends, yanderes make me uncomfortable. There, I said it. I love them and hate them at the same time. Many things to say, but we won't talk about the obvious points of contention like crazy possessiveness, tendency to drink vinegar by the boatful, etc etc because, you know, that's by definition.

Rather, today I highlight how male yanderes in BL almost always treat the MC's body as a toy to f*ck beneath them for seven days and seven nights.

MC baby cries? Thrust harder. MC baby begs for them to stop? Even harder. MC baby wants to live an upright productive life? Sorry, the horndog ML gets it up anytime, anywhere, and will thrust with or without MC's consent. MC baby gets mad? Usually it'll last seconds, if not the ML can put on some puppy dog eyes and do some coaxing and it's all swept under the bridge; until the next time MC's body is f*cked into shambles. Oh noooo, poor ML looks at MC baby's suffering and their heart hurts. So f*cking what, they'll forget the next time blood flows towards the lower body anyway (which is almost always).

Hello, can we get some justice for our MCs??? No, I know, that's too unrealistic. In that case, can there at least be a yandere ML that is occasionally willing to put their body on the line instead??? If they want to force MC into rough s*x where the bottom ends up lying in bed for a week, fine, but can they be the one that takes responsibility for the consequences and suffers instead??? If not a true bottom, at least a reversible!! Is this too much to ask??? I demand attention to this very important problem!

If anyone knows a BL story where the yandere ML is the bottom, or reversible, please let me know. To be honest, I doubt such a story exists, but hey, it's also not impossible to win the lottery right? My countrymen, let us unite! We stand for fairness, justice, and light! (And maybe slutty ML bottoms but that's entirely NOT the point.)

Edit: I want to add that these MLs aren't necessarily scum nor do I hate them always. It's just that as soon it concerns their family jewels they become savages and "care of MC" is okay so long as their sexual needs are primarily met.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    drollawake and Fulminata like this.
  2. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk never read BL so no comment mate

tedy2004 and Devil Heart like this.
  3. Wandering Cultivator

Wandering Cultivator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I agree, I also can't think of a male yandere in BL who didn't also have shades of M that might enjoy the shou giving it back the same way.

4. ike_00000

Reading List:
    Link
    In all honesty I don't need them to enjoy taking it back by nature, I just need them to be genuinely willing to looking at how much MC suffers to sate their unrelenting desires lmaoo

5. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yandere ML is the bottom huh...

Lol I read a lot of mangas and yes there are quite a lot of yandere is the bottom but novel hmmm nothing come to my mind

But there is a lot of novel yandere gong ML is willing to curb their possessiveness and let MC uke live their life

I can't name them cause I can't remember lol sorry about that

6. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t have bottom yandere ml or reversal yandere ml recs for you.
    But I you want scummy abusive MLS get their just deserts then I rec Don’t pick up boyfriends from the trash bin

7. ike_00000

Reading List:
    Link
    Even manga, let me know if you think of any!

My goodness gracious I love that story to death. It seemed so typical from the synopsis but that MC is a real gem. Highly recommended to everyone really.

8. hahahatdog

hahahatdog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk... i mean when I see the yandere tag, i expect the worst. Wether they’re having sex or not , Isn’t yanderes have violent tendencies? I mean when you search it on google. “A yandere is often sweet, caring, and innocent before switching into someone who displays an extreme, often violent or psychotic, level of devotion to a love interest. Such behavior might include brutally murdering other girls out of jealousy.” (C) Dictionary.com

9. ike_00000

Reading List:
    Link
    Crazy behaviours sure, but isn't it all based on their extreme and genuine true love for the MC? Sure that's not necessarily the case, but in these BL stories it usually is. In that case, have rough s*x all they want, but shouldn't they be unwilling for the MC to be hurt so often????? Since they don't care, doesn't it show they like the MC they want him to be, and not the actual MC, thus NOT "true love"???

10. hahahatdog

Reading List:
    Link

“displays an extreme, often violent or psychotic, level of devotion to a love interest” did you even read this? If you don’t mind I'm gonna add some context.

“A concept closely related to yandere is yangire. This comes from yanderu, the same root in the first part of yandere, and kireru, meaning “to snap.” A yangire, then, is someone who was suddenly “snaps” into violent behavior. While a yandere acts violently because of love, a yangire acts violently because of some triggering event that brings up their past.”

AbsAreHot and tedy2004 like this.
  11. hahahatdog

Reading List:
    Link
    And if you wanna read stories that the leads doesn’t hurt their significant other, I suggest you try to avoid stories tagged as yandere. Yanderes will be yanderes. Yanderes are have violent tendencies. Yanderes are controlling.

AbsAreHot likes this.
  12. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think this is limited to BL or even stories with a yandere, even if it do seem a bit too common among those.
    One character being overly violent in bed seem like something that pops up in romance stories of all kinds to some degree.

ike_00000 and ToastedRossi like this.
  13. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this is an artefact of Romance novels. The only difference is that the books in question make it a man instead of a woman. And it really highlights the reason why I don't bother with BL. I actually like the idea of Chinese Romance novels in general but I have issue with how they often degenerate into worshiping the male lead as opposed to actual characterization. BL seems to do much the same thing because they learn the wrong lessons from that genre.

ike_00000 and Nimroth like this.
  14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    really? I thought such thing only happen on hentai or fetish stuff~
    or comedy such as da kitten do something bad then other goes discipline by papapa to point kitten goes
    sor1.jpg
    hmm maybe cuz I not read work with that theme
    interesting~

15. ike_00000

Reading List:
    Link
    I know by definition yanderes are violent and controlling, so this thread doesn't talk about that. Even your quote says "acts violently because of love"; they can be as violent as they want, but in the "mutually loving" phase (NOT those incidents when they suddenly get jealous and press the MC on the bed as a result) they don't necessarily need to be hurting the MC during s*x. The setting is usually that they're equally doting as they are crazy because of "love"; if they're that devoted, how can they bear to hurt MC on the bed all the time?

I like bishounens likes this.
  16. ike_00000

Reading List:
    Link
    Yaa that's a good point too... it makes me mad how MC is always willing to just put up with it. Btw if that's the case try Very Happy, it's a good BL where the relationship is super healthy even though ML IS OP and mentally extreme but the story is soo focused on building the characters and the relationships, ML can't bear to hurt MC like that and he doesn't.

Semi-sane leads in hentai / fetish stuff? No chance hahaha

Nimroth likes this.
  17. tedy2004

tedy2004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My advice is this. Even if I do not read BL and I am not related to this topic (which I abstained in the votes) but you can try other tags for other novels. If you want me to recommend some novels, I don't mind, just give me a message...

ike_00000 likes this.
  18. ike_00000

Reading List:
    Link
    :cry: I suppose dreams can only stay dreams

19. AbsAreHot

AbsAreHot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve Led the Villian Astray, How Do I Fix It?
    The MC and ML haven’t started their romantic relationship yet and are just half-siblings from what I’ve read so far just fyi. So, yeah, it is incest if it turns you off.
    But, I basically ship them with the MC as the top and the ML as the bottom. The little brother (bottom) has a lot of jealousy and bloodlust he hides from his brother and tries his best to be the MC’s cute, adorable little brother. He doesn’t care about anyone else in the world.
    Honestly, I try to steer very clear from obscene, delusional yandere ML tops who pretend their relationship is totally healthy and they are living a good life together, so I don’t know much. However, I’ve had to turn away from more books than I think is ok. Like, this stuff is popular?!
    Transmigrated into the World of “Demon Lord Wu Zun”
    Definitely, Definitely a yandere top. The MC also takes care of the ML without knowing about his dangerous thoughts, but the MC is a bottom this time for sure. Again, I haven’t gotten very far, but I think the MC will be safe and healthy as long as he doesn’t unknowingly step on the ML’s numerous land mines. I don’t like this one as much as the first one I mentioned, and it also has a higher chance of ending badly.

ike_00000 likes this.
  20. AbsAreHot

AbsAreHot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, there are many novels tagged ‘yandere’ that aren’t all that yandere. And even though there are some yandere tendencies, they don’t act completely and totally inhumanly towards their beloved. Also, it’s not only about a single ML we saw in passing, there are too many stories like that for my comfort. It’d be fine if it was just one or two because a few people enjoy it, this is an entire trend. I’d be nervous about going to China, and not just because of the coronavirus.

ike_00000 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.