Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My Late Daily Kindle Recommendation:
    Drum Up The Dawn: Galaxy Girl Book One by Kate Christie

I just read this today, and while it's not one of my favorites, it's still something I'd recommend you take the time to read. It's a classic superhero tale. If there's one con I'd have to point out, is that the Author is way too obvious in making this a series. Nothing is really concluded in this story. However, the romance is really fluffy and nice, so that's good.

Kenzie, an alien refugee in hiding and reporter in action is an undocumented otherworlder adopted by a family with government connections. Her overprotective government agent of a sister warns her about the Westbrook family who are known for their anti-alien campaign. But what happens when Kenzie starts falling for Ava Westbrook, former recluse of the Westbrook family? And not only that, but Kenzie is forced to become a superhero to protect Seattle from criminals, fires, and terrorist attacks. Can she woo Ava while keeping her identity a secret?

Ava Westbrook, the youngest of the Westbrook family, is forced to run the Westbrook's company after her father's death and brother's incarceration. Stuck with a terrible reputation of being an alien-hater, Ava tries her best to lift the company's reputation up and show the public she is not like the rest of her family. Easy right? Not until she starts falling for a supposedly straight reporter.

Moonpearl and Yandere Devil like this.
  2. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    anyone read this world hopping novel
    Ex-girlfriend understand [fast wear] I only read first arc, it is interesting, lot of action, horror, Badass and strong OP MC and FL is her ex boyfriend's crush. MC and FL joined together to survived the killing games.

If anyone read it, please spoiler, I only read arc 1

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Ubik likes this.
  3. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, watchers of Yuri Garden.

Today, while approving the releases on NU, this stray post appeared in the queue: https://letsyuri.wordpress.com/2020/07/07/regarding-abuse/ Some of you probably read their works. The translator translates Yuri, as per their group name.

What I'm trying to say is, drop a comment for them. Give them some encouragement and comfort them a bit.

Thanks.

4. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp. Guess i will re ask later. As this way you can't see from the outside if there is drama or not even though from the titles they look fluffy.
    ---------------
    Btw.
    Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl
    MC revealed that she is a girl at ch9. So check it out if you waited and wanted to see the reveal.

Ubik likes this.
  5. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG] Kekeke. XD

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  6. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll need to read them all to participate in the voting but, if you just want to read the fluffy ones for now, the fluffiest are 1, 2, 3 and 4.

5 and 6 have some drama but are happy endings.

7 is BDSM smut.

8 is probably what you want to avoid but, judging from the comments, it's one of the strongest contenders. I recommend reading it even if it's not usually your thing.

7. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently reading this:
    Divorce? No way
    MC who has been married to FL for 7 years thought FL didn't love her anymore cos she's slways busy and barely spend time like they did in the first 2 years of marriage. FL then realized she only ate ocassionally with MC, never gift MC gifts on her birth day...
    MC is a wn writer and FL the president of her own company.

Also probably this is the first time I'm a bit disappointed when the promised novel turned out to become something else, say,
    定制女友[GL]
    so the summary of custom gf before the article is published apparently sci fi ish where the custom gf is clone a transmigrated girl who know it's a novel, and the fl has first love and the custom gf is abandoned afterwards. but the new article completely removed the sci fi and clone part (kinda sigh) and it turned into just the usual gay for pay or something, fl is mc first love, no transmigration?

Ubik likes this.
  8. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    it always boggles the mind how people hoard tabs instead of bookmarking :blobwoah::hmm:
    270 tabs on chrome? that'd have to eat resources like crazy:blob_tilt:

AsianessPride likes this.
  9. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the mentions!
    Yeah she told me she actually locked herself in the bathroom for a whole hour before staying on her bedroom - and decided to eat nothing for a week afterwards? I managed to persuade her to at least eats some boiled eggs everyday.
    It's a bit complicated. But she's still safe and sound, just avoiding her mom so she wouldn't have any impulse again orz.

Ubik, AsianessPride and Sabruness like this.
  10. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    @AsianessPride
    hehe. Were you using the private tabs? If not the history should be available.

@Sabruness
    Well I also tend to open lotsa tabs before bookmarking them.

11. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, i open tabs as well just to bookmark them for later but never more than 15 tabs at a time and i usually bookmark as soon as they load so that if something happens, i can find them again.
    It's those that have hundreds of tabs open all the time as a substitute for bookmarking that always amazes me.

12. Titan0fPower

Reading List:
    Link
    When you finish reading the Divorce story, can you spoil the plot please? I'd love a translation of this.

13. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    It just be like that. It's been building up since 2017. 270 tabs was the result is 3-year effort. I mean, I currently have 443 tabs on my safari. I'm on iPhone but since I don't usually play game, it levels out.
    No, not on Chrome. I probably would’ve been able to get it all back if the tabs were on my laptop but iPhone’s recent tab only shows you 25+ recent tabs. And y’know, everything is in Chinese so it’s hard to find the others

I only bookmark important things, like my favorite Chinese yuri novels that I’ve completed. There were a lot of good Chinese yuri novels that were lost, gotta go find them later

14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh... read 8.

Sigh... (need to sigh a lot so i can de stress)
    Well... indeed can see why you say it can win the competition and agree with it.
    I started from the ending so i didn't suffer a lot but now that i resminisce about the whole story, sigh...
    White hair = me thinking it was a isekai = me disliking that suddenly it says Moscow. But kinda think it was done so the random reader can see the era and see the relation with the war, the rumors of lesbians and the factories.

Yairy and Moonpearl like this.
  15. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a rare yuri Xianxia:
    小毒仙
    MC is a transmigrated waste, she's a shameless girl, everything is last level, where FL is totally perfect Master sister, the best on all aspect, she's cold Iceberg. FL took MC pulse and noticed MC was poisoned, MC remembered the second wife of the Yan family who fed her a bowl of soup, saying its tonic.
    FL spoke MC to take advanced class instead of basic ones
    this is ABO Interstellar,
    怀了反派boss的崽
    MC is SS Fem Omega famous artist, her daughter is SS Fem Alpha wife also SS fem alpha major general.

Ubik, AsianessPride and Moonpearl like this.
  16. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I also thought it was a fantasy world when I started reading it. In fact, I thought that the love interest was going to turn out to be some sort of fairy or forest spirit.

I don't feel that it's a bad thing that it wasn't after reading it, though.

:aww: Damn my inability to MTL...

17. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Why can’t you mtl? All it does is lower your IQ by 50% and gradually remove your brain cells one by one but other than that, it’s great

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  18. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I get a headache after only one chapter. :blobcry:

19. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Titan0fPower

Reading List:
    Link
    Daily Kindle Recommendation:
    Girl Mans up by M-E Girard
    I really enjoyed this story because it revolves around a very butch girl who shows hints at gender dysphoria. It isn't outright stated, but if you read some of her reactions to things, you could sort of tell.

Loyalty. That's something Pen and her crew value above all else. But what happens when her best friend asks her to help him hook up with a girl she's definitely falling for? And not only that, but Pen's parents are trying very hard to make her feminine, which is something that sends shivers down her spine.

There's a lot going on that I haven't said here because I'd rather you be surprised when you read it. I really enjoyed this story, and if you're the type that likes audiobooks instead, the VA is awesome.

Yandere Devil likes this.