Spoiler The White Cat That Swore Vengeance Was Just Lazying on the Dragon King’s Lap

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Feb 4, 2017.

1. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They have to work to survive, but are not condemned there for life, and are being compensated for their labor. The dragons are more taking reformative measures to help them adapt to their new world, Unfortunately farm work is pretty much all they are qualified to do for now.

Released, a while ago.
    https://wordrain69.com/manga/white-cat/extra-2/
    They clearly know they can eventually leave
    They have no skills to survive in that world, the dragons gave them a chance to develop a skill set that would let them survive.
    And it is clearly not life imprisonment form their perspective, seeing as the lackeys are talking about saving up funds to leave.

beazacha likes this.
  2. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    None of these people were in their right mind. What's more while the other prisoner's of war, were returned to the human country, Asahi and friends were put on a prison farm and used as slave labor.

I also never bought Ruri's parents as particularly caring towards her. They let her twist in the wind her whole life wrt Asahi, they just watched her ability warp asahi and those around her as well. Hell nobody even tried to explain to her what was going on and she thought her friend had been kidnapped

But like I said Asahi's crime was not being the MC

theilikepie likes this.
  3. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry i am referring to the novel not the Manga apparently it got toned down

theilikepie likes this.
  4. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly. The MC is a real hypocrite on who she forgives and dosent

She ca forgive her parents who were ADULTS and allowed that shit to go on who were responsible for what happened

I dont understand how anyone can root for her. Was the author trying to make her dislikeable? Cuase congrats she succeeded.

Well she can live her cute uwu life with her shapeshifting lizard husband while she condems her friends to slavery knowing fully well it wasnt there fault. Loke every one of there actions can he explained with charm magic. Yes even ashai

Well of course no one can say anyhting to her she basically has an army full of murder happy Faires to kill anyone who hates her or of she gets angry

Does the author give her classamtes a bad ending becusse they dare not suck MC Samas cock and think of her as the best thing in the world in the beggining? Sure seems like it. Punishment for not licking her boots

Shes the true villaness MC. Move aside myne.

Honestly dont even know.why this MC is getting on my nerves so much

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    kawaii12345 likes this.
  5. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So am I, they were never sentenced to slave labour in novel or the manga. I even linked to the chapter showing their life after being sent off to work. They sent them to a farm to work under a lord who is not abusing them, were paying them, and they are clearly able to leave after a period of time. They were given a chance to restart and rebuild, just far away from the MC, and with no unnecessary help and no free ride. Even if they were under the charm, it did not cover everything, just made them adore the bimbo. They should have still been working on the skills for a new life and some level of independence the entire time, especially since it was well over a year between summoning and the war. The only one who is likely there for life is the bimbo, since she is so spoiled that she needs the supervision, and no one else is going to be as kind to her.
    Her parents did everything that they could, and she knows it. The problem is that they could not block the charm, only minimize its effects.
    Except that is not what happened, they were not made slaves, it was much closer to non-exploitive prison labour, and clearly not permanent if you bothered to read the side chapter of their farm life.

Plus the idiots are still guilty of many crimes that the charm does not cover, including trying to kill Ruri. The charm makes them want to be around the bimbo, and to not make her angry or sad. They still chose to remove Ruri knowing it would make bimbo sad and search for her, in order to try to get closer. The "banishment" execution at the start is not something that can just wave away as they charm, since they know full well how it would backfire because of bimbos dependency
    They still knowingly and wilfully tried to kill her, and caused numerous problems for her. The charm did not create that willimgness and darkness , it only released it.
    Because you have not actually read the series, and are I stead delibratly misinterpreting slivers of info in the worst possible light???

6. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The charm was influencing there decisions to

No sane person would kill there classmate unless they were a psychopath. Even if it did amplify the feelings they had it was still not something they would have done had the charm not been here. In the chapter you linked they seem like normal kids. Not killers

And even if asahi is the to stay there forver she dosent deserve it either. She was charmed too which made her stick too the MC. It's still very over kill. Especially when you remember there still stupid kids

Whatever though. It's a medival society. They never had the best human rights track record

What bothers me is the MC pleaded to let the kid who tried to killl her go bit condemned her classmates knowing they had no choice. That's my big issue. In guess she was still salty from what happened on earth. Bullying is worse then murder apparently

Idk the MC is really bipolar and inconsistent in who she decides to hate or not

And then there never mentioned again. Much sociopath MC. Good job

Also the parents had the option to move away. Parents were willing to move to a bumfuck backwards planet, they couldn't have moved too another city? There was a hundred things they could of done instead of just shrugging there shoulders and letting it happen "oh well we tired, just suffer kid" It reallys a shitty half baked excuse. Even worse that they knew everything and didn't mention it to there kid. Not even once

What really? I thought I was in the spoiler thread for fun and not to get spoilers of something I've never read

Genius

Duh I haven't read it.

I had read the translated chapters long ago and I still downtime the MC. Her personality is irksome and snobbish in a way. Also the typical case of "MC chan is the best!!!!" that plagues this genre but is somehow amplified here which makes her seen in a worse light

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    kawaii12345 likes this.
  7. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    @sjmcc13
    Holy crap that's even worse than I remembered it from the MTL

"After the Lord gave a brief explanation, such an out-of-place question made Hiromi and others jump out of their skin. The person herself was serious but the other four were nervous.

“Be freed?” -The Lord"

Seriously emotionally torturing her in addition to herest and what's more denying her access to the tool she could actually use to contribute because she might charm people? (I thought she xould only charm). They aren't trying to rehab them at all

This just reminds me why I didn't like this. Asahi is just the perfect example of a Cannon fodder there to make the ML look good.

Not to appeal to the majority but look at the comments

Mikaa and theilikepie like this.
  8. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, Asahi is a major reason why the war happened at all. (Sorry, haven't read any farther than the current translated manga, so warn me if I'm wrong about anything happening after). Yes, the King and his priests were the ones who wanted the war, but its outright stated that the reason the war was feasible is because Asahi used her prestige as the priestess to rally the common folk. Which gets darker if you picture it like I do that she did it in person and up close, bringing her charm effect into it. Otherwise most of the populace wouldn't have been up for a hopeless war. In her defense she was manipulated into it, but being rock stupid can only be an excuse for so long. At no point did she seem to realize or care that a war would mean harm to those fighting the war. And the MC told her right to her face that she's fine, yet she chose to ignore it. Whatever you say, she directly caused a good amount of harm.
    Ditto with the others, especially considering they were using fairy killing weapons. The Beastkin consider fairies to be semidevine beings. That's got to count as some kind of sacrilege.

Asahi and the group being sent to a farm under supervision has nothing to do with the MC forgiving them or not. Its a political matter, and they straight up committed war crimes. On a personal level it might be right to go "magic was involved, so I forgive them", but it would straight up be inexcusable for a king to just go "well, no consequences, be on your way".

And as others have said, its isn't completely clear what the charm effects are. On Asahi's end, if I remember right, the compatible wavelength just makes her want to cling to the MC. MC and the ML have the same deal, and yet it somehow didn't manage to strip them of their basic compassion and consideration for others. And even if the compulsion is that strong, Asahi could have pursued other options in trying to get the MC back from her 'kidnappers' other than calling a jihad.
    On the rest of the group, its said the charm magic makes them like her and do her bidding. So they could get a pass on joining the war or using the fairy killing tools if it was at Asahi's bidding. But getting rid of the MC is definitely not something she ordered, that was all them. Which says to me that they're the types to drug their opponent's water bottle to ensure they will win the race. Pretty sure some of the stuff they pulled had nothing to do with being under the charm.

9. axcellekim

axcellekim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. There is no slavery in this story.
    2. The MC did not punish the bimbo & co.
    3. The revenge the MC got was to bitch slap the sticky self absorbed bimbo.
    4. The MC is not obligated to forgive the bimbo & co. who bullied her.
    5. Her family did not do anything bad to society compared to the bimbo and friends.
    6. Asahi bimbo just wants to stick to MC but according to how she tormented MC, she just treats MC as for convenience and not really as a friend, that’s why she is self absorb. The MC tried to connect with her but she just treat it as MC’s fault. So, NO, they don’t deserve to be friends with each other.
    So, I think your PoV is way out of the whole scenario happened. Just doesn’t make sense.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    bamboo_panda, Veille, Ahmya and 12 others like this.
  10. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read your post/reply and agree to most of it but I believe their main issue with this is on MCs hypocrisy?
    Brainwashed kids get sent to a farmland in a rural area (where they'll eventually be allowed to leave once they find a suited job for their skills or get used to their situation more) over a kid (who also got manipulated by cultists claiming they could revive his parents if the kid becomes an accomplice to kidnapping and eventual murder. Said kid was unrepentant since he's basically desperate with the cult's promise. By sheer small luck, the dragon kingdom isn't as strict as the Beast Kingdom but the kid will still have life imprisonment if I remember it right. MC pities the kid and attempts to use our world's form of judging minors *I honestly forgot what happened to the kid since its been so long. I only remember MC asked him what she could for him and he straight up answered she could kill herself so that he could have his parents back). Although, I may have also misunderstood the issue since the thread and translations haven't been updated in a while.

There's also MCs family who are apparently capable people with high end jobs (dad is a diplomat, mom is a well known fashion designer) but couldn't do more to help their daughter's suffering from charm affected mobs and Asahi's clinging?

11. InTheEther

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven’t read ahead and details are pretty skim in the spoilers, but I’m just genuinely not seeing this as hypocrisy. Even with all the magic involved, a bunch of teens can be expected to be competent to know right from wrong.
    A child who has been brainwashed by a cult? Most real life courts would probably deem the kid incompetent to stand trial and order some massive therapy and social work. His ability to recognize right from wrong is fundamentally warped and needs to be rebuilt. So I don’t see his treatment as being overly generous compared to the other group.

And I’m not sure what the complaint about the family is. Like, they didn’t throw their weight around? Do we know if the MC even told them about the extent of things? What were they supposed to do about Asahi? She was massively annoying, but not directly harming. And with that charm in effect anything they did through proper means was likely to backfire. Without some damning details that I haven’t seen I still don’t see it as hypocritical for the MC to care about her family enough to want them in the same dimension as her, but wanting to completely break ties with the other group.
    (It’s not like she even particularly wants the first group to suffer. They’ve gotten off pretty lightly and she did try to help Asahi when she worked out the King and Bishop(or whatever) were going to off her once she was no longer useful. It’s just that now that everyone is safe and the whole charm thing’s under control she doesn’t want to deal with them anymore.)

12. Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read some of the chapters a long time ago and I kinda got bored. Decided to check if anything interesting happened and it doesn’t seem like it. Along with a few he said she said comments.

People are taking this story waayy too seriously especially with a Japanese novel of the shoujo genre... shoujo’s stories are written with not many brain cells don’t expect too much from it. Also even if MC were to be more morally good people would still criticise her for being a boring goody-two-shoes. So instead of feeding the trolls just ignore them.

new flash humans are not morally black and white. People are def biased towards people they don’t get along with and from what I read those people and Asahi are not her friends. They never acted like friends and she never considered them friends too. Asahi’s problem was her upbringing.

and Ruri’s parent’s should just have moved. If they’re so rich and successful or give her private schooling. But obv that wouldn’t get the story going and the title would instead be “High-school girl who’s rich parents keep moving just so she could escape an annoying ex-neighbour/stalker, ends up being home-schooled and transported to another world.”

Anyway it’s still fiction so why are people making such a fuzz? Asian culture is different from ours so even their stories end up “???” for most of us, even when we read them for enjoyment. If you can only find complains about them, then the genre is not your cup of tea and I would suggest to stop reading them.

I can make a whole list of everything wrong with shoujo, shounen etc genres. But if I keep complaining about these same things then the few ones that I do enjoy would also become less enjoyable. So everyone, please do yourself a favour and don’t waste your time on something that mentally drains you and wastes your time.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  13. MsWeaberBee

MsWeaberBee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding her classmates, I believe that their punishment are due to the law not only because of the MC. Remember that the war they incited resulted to the death of thousands of people of the kingdom. MC acknowledged their sincere apology though she didn’t accepted them which is understandable after all of the hardships she encountered, being isekaid and nearly killed by her classmates who bullied her, resentments grew it happens.

Anyway, they were given a chance to live instead of rotting away in prison, they were sent to a farmland so they can also reform their actions, learn how to live in the new world, and etc. It was also stated that the Lord and lady of that land was kind.

I actually like the MC’s resolve. I don’t know if the LN is finished at Vol3. I am just starting reading it vol 3 too. Anyway regarding her parents, I think they might have tried to do something about Asahi, though because of her Charm spell, this may have instigated hatred from other people. Which can cause more trouble for the MC, and Asahi no matter what happens always follow MC (because of MC wavelength) and they can’t stop her since everyone other than MC’s parents are bewitched. Though Asahi wasn’t “charmed” perse she’s just too airheaded and spoiled that she can’t grasp anything the MC says. She may have also been intoxicated with the affection she received from the people around her. Since the spirits/fairies understand and listens to MC so, they weren’t “charmed”.

14. rewzy03

rewzy03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So can someone tell me if the end game was Jade and Ruri or if they happen to have a cute lil dragon child. hope someone spoils this. Let’s not argue about the plot. Since all of us have different POV. Gonna camp here too incase there’s an update. :blobcozy::blobcozy::blobcozy:

beazacha likes this.
  15. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was asahi too faced/a white lotus or was she only a spoiled stupid girl that decided since childhood that mc was her best friend but doesn't realize that the friendship was one sided .

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  16. InTheEther

Reading List:
    Link
    Just so, so stupid.
    With a charm aura around you there’s no need to be considerate of those around you or critically think at all.
    Basically she’s 100% non malicious, but the charm thing has saved her from having to face consequences and getting whatever she wants for the most part, and the little her charm doesn’t cover she willfully ignores (like the Mc so clearly wanting nothing to do with her and getting bullied).

beazacha and Lovina like this.
  17. Raven Grace

Raven Grace Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By any chance, do you happen to know why Dumbsahi is so attached to Ruri? Like we know that the Ruri's wavelength is comfortable and all that, but the they did say that it won't effect a person's thoughts. So like why is she so obsess?

18. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uwah, it's been years since i read this story. ruri is female lead and dumbsahi is the female lead's annoying best friend right? i think it really is just that ruri's aura is comfortable and dumbsahi wanted to be around her...and charm the people around ruri?

19. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump. Any spoilers on Vol.03?

20. beazacha

beazacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ty for the spoilers! Personally I don't think the decision of punishment was up to the MC since is a political matter and the classmates target the fairies so I will not hold it against her. They followed the local procedures and give a sentence they judged accordingly.