LCD The Tutorial Is Too Hard

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Jaiki, Dec 11, 2016.

1. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do the gods mind if he ascends to godhood, or are they perhaps hoping for it? maybe to have a god free from the systemthey are trapped in break them out.

2. Radon Stone

Radon Stone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is such a fun way to write an OP character. I wonder if i was off the mark earlier in assuming he was on bad terms with all the gods in the holy temple. Quite possible that even though he pushed them out, a few of them still legitimately enjoy him. I suspect those would be, Slow, Adventure, Death, Duel, Light and with this latest chapter Sky. Remorse is likely a part of that little grouping as well. Obviously they all desire him due to his freakish growth and shown potential in the true timeline but that must have been only after a certain point where it became too obvious to ignore.

Nepuko and NeurogamiPrime like this.
  3. NeurogamiPrime

Reading List:
    Link
    personally I am a little afraid of the mc and belive he will be as bad if not worse than the gods in the 59th stage by the time he leaves the tutorial

4. c0debreaker6

c0debreaker6 A MANLY Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Woooohooo.. Ho-jae getting closer to being a god. I really wonder how much stronger the 61st floor Ho-jae is. With the example of what Ho-chi did, I wonder what form would Ho-jae take after consolidating his power and the source's power.

5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think his goal was to be 'better' than gods. He's just a guy who likes pushing himself I'm front of death's truck to grow all tueeh

6. Zaroz

Zaroz Existential Lurker Demonic Calamity

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, he did, but he was following the mindset of not putting all of his eggs in one basket(pun intended:p). He was still helping her in earnest in case Yong Yong didn't count as a challenger as well as the fact that he still had to wait for Yong Yong to grow either way.
    My money is on him becoming either the God of Training/Development or the God of Mana.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Nepuko and c0debreaker6 like this.
  7. c0debreaker6

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it would be God of Mana. Mana in here doesn't actually have that significance at later stage since Ho-jae has already been using the source's power and divinity, something that isn't Mana at all. It's a different kind of power and much more powerful than mana.

I think God of Victory would be more appropriate since it is his character and principle to always want to win. Everything that he does is for winning. His developments were just a means so that he could win at whatever challenge he faced. Just like what he said when he got the power of the God of the Sky and the source's power, power is his weapon and not the other way around. He could throw it away at moment's notice as long as he reached his goal. I think Victory sums up his identity.

Nepuko likes this.
  8. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone's been reading ahead

c0debreaker6 likes this.
  9. c0debreaker6

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read ahead if you're asking.
    I know that he'll eventually escape the Tutorial and decimate a G-rank monster on Earth
    but did he really become God of Victory? I don't want to read ahead since it's MTL and it'll fry my brain if I read it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  10. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler brackets pls

c0debreaker6 likes this.
  11. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really think it's Victory. You remember more of the beginning so I may be wrong, but I was always relatively sure that Ho-Jae is searching for that sense of ever-improvement in the Tutorial. Yes, it's all of course to eventually survive and win the Tutorial, but as fat as I can recall what he really enjoyed the most is the sensation of improving. A lot of unknowns before him waiting to be searched, and then added to his overall power. It is why iirc it was one of the reasons he didn't wanna leave the Tutorial, no? And why he made analogies with his gamer life or something.
    But I guess God of Victory and the means to victory aren't mutually exclusive, so maybe. Since you have decieving names like God of Hope and God of Adventure >_>

c0debreaker6 likes this.
  12. NeurogamiPrime

Reading List:
    Link
    i still say god of conquest fits better

13. c0debreaker6

Reading List:
    Link
    He's a lot like the God of Slow who prefers the slow and ever progressing improvements but the difference between them was that the God of Slow would not mind losing as long as there's progress whereas Ho-jae do not want to lose. He likes development of himself as long as he achieves his goal/victory. He feels he is going closer to his goal when he feels developments on his powers, abilities, physique, etc. But he values more his end rather than his means. When he said that he could even throw away power to reach his goal, you'll truly see his character and principle.

The God of Adventure on the other hand values the journey itself to the goal rather than the end or the means. Both gods values progression but at different viewpoints.

Nepuko likes this.
  14. c0debreaker6

Reading List:
    Link
    Conquest means subjugation and assumption of control. It also means ruling or to be a ruler. And these things don't fit Ho-jae.
    Ho-jae doesn't want to rule people nor assume authority. He doesn't want the obligation that comes with being a ruler nor does he want to be a tyrant. You could see this at the early chapters when he was asked to be the leader of the Order of Vigilance and he refused.
    He was satisfied with just being the symbol of power and authority of the Order. He finds ruling bothersome.

Nepuko likes this.
  15. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    If I got it right it's :
    -Adventure : Cares about the means/journey, and doesn't care about victory, loss or even progress as long as you face difficulties or the journey is exciting or whatever.

-Slow : Doesn't care if you win or lose as long as you make progress. "Taking it slow in baby steps" basically ;). Process is more important than the end, as long as there's progress (unlike Adventure).

-Ho-Jae : Like God of Slow but put more importance on the end than the means. As long as it'll result in victory and progress, he doesn't care how he do it, only if it'll help him reach his end or not. So he's basically God of Slow, but remove the "doesn't care about winning" and add "Cares about winning" lol.

c0debreaker6 likes this.
  16. c0debreaker6

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly!

This is guy who didn't even bat an eye when losing his arm as long as he wins. He wants to win against everything that he face, and most importantly he wants to win against himself. Remember that Ho-jae before the Tutorial was a NEET and a drunkard. Because of his loss against an upcoming rookie, he got slumped with depression. He thinks he lost because he doesn't improve anymore, but on the contrary he just lost confidence to himself. But when he got inside the Tutorial he regained the mentality of being a pro-gamer and realized that winning was all about himself. To improve is to win and to win is to win against his past. It's only when he met Iddy that he got his goal. But his core is winning, achieving victory whatever goals he put upon and to himself.

Nepuko likes this.
  17. Oguun

Oguun Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read tge latest chapter, and ıthink it will aoon be clear why the archer girl betrayed..

18. NeurogamiPrime

Reading List:
    Link
    yup. that last sentence just put all the peices together and the archer girl now feels like she is 100% in the right, even if she didn't have all the info since MC probably hasn't told her anything.

19. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Theres no retard romance in this right

20. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, there is a bit of romantic subplot, but its handled pretty well, just don't expect it to be brought up often since the mc is isolated from everyone most of the novel.

Nepuko and c0debreaker6 like this.