How do you get to sleep?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UnGrave, Jul 8, 2020.

1. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't seem to fall asleep at the moment. I tried lying still with my eyes closed for an hour already, and I just seem to be stuck in a conscious state. It's 5am already and I feel exhausted, but can't flip my switch off.

I might stop looking at this thread suddenly, in which case someone's advice worked, or I just passed out suddenly.

2. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    How often do you stay awake all night?
    Are you nervous about something that will happen after a sleep?

UnGrave likes this.
  3. SassyCanoeWizard

SassyCanoeWizard Allure of the unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are too tired, you will fall asleep faster. So if possible consider making some kind of warm up. How about 500 squats, 40 pushups, 60 press?

4. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a bad idea, because his body will enter a fight mode and not be at all relaxed, and also because he didn't sleep all night it is an additional stress to the body.
    If anything for boys orgasm makes them sleepy.

Jeiyiii, anon and UnGrave like this.
  5. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say my average sleep time is 2:30am given I sleep really early sometimes, but mostly I stay up late. I have nothing I'm worrying about except I need to get my work done earlier tomorrow so I do have a particular time that I need to wake up at.

6. SassyCanoeWizard

SassyCanoeWizard Allure of the unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    How about using time from 6 pm to 6.40 pm for warming up then? It’s healthy for both body and mind

7. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    My advice would be to improve sleep schedule. And today probably forget about sleeping 8 hours till the night. Just take a 1-2 hour nap during the day.
    There are many factors to good sleep, lighting, habits, stress, excitement, circadian rhythm.

8. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    So is there anything I could use that works right away?

9. Fryz

Fryz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always keep my sleep time regular (i.e. always at around 10PM-11PM). I also turn off the light in my bedroom and set all of my device, internet browser, etc to dark mode. I also reduce the Youtube video volume when watching/listening while trying to sleep.

Having regular sleep schedule and dark bedroom is very important. It makes your body always feel very sleepy at that time. And when you encounter sleepiness, don't fight it. If you are addicted to reading manga, novel, or watch videos; just close your eyes and say to yourself "I will close my eyes a little bit, I will continue later..." then boom, its morning.

If you get past your natural sleep time, your sleepiness will eventually be gone and it will be hard to go to sleep (at least for me). Even if you sleep it will not be a pleasant experience.

If this happens, what I do is usually try to sleep while listening to white noise (you can find in youtube or internet) and relax.

SassyCanoeWizard likes this.
  10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    eh depend~ if dead tired you will sleep unless there huge burden on your mind~ that's how military test resilience of it soldier, by putting huge burden on mind it test various thing~

best thing is make your unconscious, via physical way~ worse case you dead~

change your biological clock, for better respond consult with medical officer~

best way based on experience is relax your mind via way you think fit yourself

Fryz and SassyCanoeWizard like this.
  11. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    Listen to an audiobook/radio as you fall asleep.

Milanin likes this.
  12. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to sleep right now and a lot - get rid of a phone (it's bad really), be in a dark, silent room, have a comfortable temperature and just wait till you relax enough to fall asleep, and also try to "cleanse your mind" from thoughts. If anything can help to fall asleep - this will. (being completely relaxed in a situation that allows to sleep)

If you want to learn about sleep hygiene in general I can share some knowledge I have, though this info is easy to find on the web.

Fryz likes this.
  13. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Turn off any sources of light in your vicinity (including your computer or/and phone, etc...)
    Rest your head on the pillow
    Close your eyes and don't open them for any reason
    Empty your head of all and any useless thoughts

14. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    Try watching some video..??
    Not series I mean
    For example, I usually watch Dota2 highlight match, the duration usually around 10 to 20 minutes and I will feel really sleepy everytime I watch it, even if it's my favorite team playing..
    Reading when you wanna sleep, especially novel is not recommended tho, the cliff will just make you press next chapter..

Another thing you might try maybe try imagine some novel setting that you like
    Picture the plot you want to see, imagine how the character might react and their conversation the way you want it
    Ofc you do this while closing your eyes and feel comfortable like you wanna sleep
    If you are lucky you might also achieve lucid dream

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  15. Fryz

Fryz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh also, don't read anything on the screen with white background (e.g. NU forums with white background)!! Bright light will remove your sleepiness!! Use dark theme or night mode or whatever that makes the background dark.

UnGrave likes this.
  16. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    Do exercises, drink water, eat healthy, avoid the bed at all times, use it only for sleep. You'll be sleeping like a baby, trust me

17. Elzio

Elzio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Drink some tea listening to some relaxing music... Dont think about anything and just close your eyes.

18. Arkantos

Arkantos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Be active during the day. Don't have to exercise but a 45 minute walk really helps you.

19. Dolidza

Dolidza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    4mg of melatonin before i go to bed.

20. Stormaggeddon

Stormaggeddon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    after over 20yrs of working nights, it is indeed hard to sleep at night. i used to black out my window to stop all light coming in. i've tried a sleep mask since then. while i don't always get a deep sleep, my eyes are forced shut by the mask so i at least get a light sleep. go to sleep about 11-11:30pm. wake about 6am. it's not great but better than none at all.