Spoiler A Villainess’ Revenge Is Sweeter Than Honey

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by diphylleia, Jun 17, 2020.

1. biha

biha Mr. Callisto's soulmate

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like Penelope character in death is the only ending for villainess. Like she doesn't spare for second chance for any character. Except for the male lead of course.

But still this kind of stories will angst me A LOT. But yeah, maybe a little spoiler so I feel better to stay.
    And honestly, I agree with this idea too:blobReach::blobReach::blobReach::blobReach::blobReach:

2. hahahatdog

hahahatdog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    great title and I love the cover, but its got three strikes, only one chapter translated, Korean s
    All I have is the synopsis but it says he killed her GRUESOMELY. That's really hard to misinterpret.

Honey I love you please die quietly. Not much wiggle room

4. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    I was asking @Needyneedle about a hypothetical scenario in which a reincarnated takes revenge on the wrong person. I wasn't referring to the story itself.

Nada Amore likes this.
  5. diphylleia

diphylleia Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read up till ch 8 and mc is planning to make cleo the emperor again and then have Lakias Blaire Dearn Ornus dethrone him. Lakias is 5 degrees away in terms of legitamacy to the throne and the best candidate for her revenge since he is similar to her. it's still hard trying to figure out who the ML is because so far cleo is acting completely different in the past compared to how he acted at mc's execution.

6. DAngel7

DAngel7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please spoils us more please!
    So does she do evil deeds and got her hands bloody to make him the emperor again? Hope she won’t use her parents lives to save him again too!

djan29 and Laerta like this.
  7. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's acting different? then he must be reincarnated and has regretted his actions before (or not?) and indeed the whole thing was orchestrated by the mistress.

8. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is suspiciously a lot like abandoned empress.....which we know how that ended :(

9. Ilana

Ilana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think ML will be Duke Lakias. (Read upto ch9)

10. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gonna say it

He had mother problems all along

11. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to find the raws, but I wasn't able to.
    I went to the official site and the reviews are full of people regretting spending their money on this novel. So, I guess I won't be reading this....

Yume-sama likes this.
  12. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I'm really curious

13. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you perhaps have enough curiosity to sacrifice your wallet for us to read the raws?

Caloli and the Legendary Frog like this.
  14. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    I've tried to buy Korean raws before but you need a Korean phone number to purchase

15. diphylleia

diphylleia Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cleo is a lot kinder and dotting to MC when she goes back in time, but she isn't sure if he was always this kind genuinely or if he was putting up an act from the beginning. So i'm not sure if his behavior is different from the past but it is different from his cold demeanor at MC's execution. There's not much info rn but I wouldn't be surprised if this was an "I don't want to be loved" situation where both leads travel back in time.
    I'm not sure yet bc we haven't met him, and I don't think we'll meet him for a while. Alex's revenge is still in the planning stage so her attitude might change or it might not

Eelillya, Ac03, arlovebird and 8 others like this.
  16. izvrs

izvrs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh god no. i had so many expectations for this because this sounded similar to remarried empress and i love that novel. plus the empress taking revenge on the emperor is one of my favourite tropes. i liked the chapters that have been posted so far but seeing that this is the same author of lady to queen and that the korean readers are not fans of this.... ugh disappointing:blobunamused: i just want a good novel where the mc leaves the trash emperor behind but maybe that is too much to ask for. :blobpensive:

17. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

BRUH same
    but i read this thread and it seems disappointing
    honestly even remarried empress could have been better. the whole time she was at the whims of shoe if it wasnt for the magical mystical element of a bird
    i honestly wanna see a badass headstrong mama taking things into her own hands, planning actual plots so thicc even Fang Yuan from reverend insanity would have a left eye twitch. And finally end up with an amazing guy WITHOUT having to depend on him or his support to get her revenge. All to often, ML will come in a swoop to save the day like in remarried empress, and it just becomes kinda..watered down revenge, and more like a eh, ig karma gets u if i dont kinda thing

18. diphylleia

diphylleia Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the reviews on ridibooks and it seems like the ML is Cleo so it seems like we won't get the revenge plot we deserve but i am curious to see why there's a huge gap between his character

Ac03, akera93, maenochka and 8 others like this.
  19. izvrs

izvrs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok so now i'm blaming you for making me crave a story like that:blobtired:remarried empress did have flaws like how it dragged quite a bit, then JUST when she got the divorce and things were getting exciting it got dropped. :(((( and not just in remarried empress, this happens a lot in these revenge stories that the ML comes to save the day which i hope i see less in the future.

20. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    My theory.

You see he was the son of a mistress. His mother probably died cause women in high positions dont really live long in that era. And people were mean him. Like tripping him when he walked passed them or stealing his lunch money

Then one day he was sitting alone at the lunch table his milk had been taken and future mistress came and gave him her milk.

From there love bloomed. But as he was a king he was forced to marry someone he didnt love. He had to agree but took his first love as a side hoe

After marriage the Mistress spread rumors of how the new queen imposed a milk tax as she detested it

The king was angry. He got a Vietnam style flashback to his old days and then on the hate started

Ugh
    I cant write anymore. Even thinking about the abuse and lies he had to suffer from that whore of babylon makes tears come to my eyes. Like why would she be so evil and force him to excute his real true love. Because plot twist. The one who bought the milk to give to him when he was young was acutally bought by the queen.

Let's look at the title. " A villaness revenge is sweeter then honey". This title is actually clever. You might think that the Villaness MCs revenge is about the emperor or even the Mistress but no

The target of her revenge is us the readers. It is a meta commentary. You see books are usually written based on what the readers demand is. And us readers keep on gobbling up these books and praising them so the author is forced to write them. The author hates these types of stories as much as we do but is forced to write them due to readers/editors demand

So she makes the story as shitty as she can just to get back at us

We were the MLs all along..

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Deaf Bunny, Lignin, SoShy and 53 others like this.