Request I was wondering if someone could please translate Fox- and Disney-related rants

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kadmos1, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering if someone could please Fox- and Disney-related rants or posts translate these or their equivalents into Japanese! The reason why I ask this is because I am tempted to want to tweet these to some Japanese manga- or anime-related person and see what they if at all respond back with! I get that it might involve me having to use Google Translate for their response(s) back.

The thing would look like: a. [Japanese text]
    1. [Japanese text]: a. If you had the power to stop Disney from buying the storied movie studio 20th Century Fox, would you?

b. Fox selling back those Marvel rights to Disney? Sure. However, at least give Fox Lucasfilm.
    1. Then, at least Fox would have had at least 1 major media franchise (Star Wars) to mooch off of. Don't end a storied movie empire like that! It's sad!

c. Not the first animated character, but she's the first with personality. She was in the first dino-centric movie.
    1. Her name? Gertie the Dinosaur. Oh, and the live-action/animated version is/was arguably the first really successful Fox movie: twitter.com/MurrellDan/status/1218274706907779072.

d. Some info about the person who Fox News is named after.
    1. For all practical purposes, Fox News was "born" in 8/1919 and it was in Oct. 1919 that they began being shown regularly on movie screens as newsreels: twitter.com/jbenton/status/1218362632849317888.

2. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    i predict their answer to your first question as "movie studio 20th Century Fox, what is that?"

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  3. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Japan just being Japan

4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah nah it wont matter....Disney doesn't really care about buying the rights... Just look at Kimba.

5. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, by inflation the #1 movie at the global box office is "Gone With the Wind", which was originally released by MGM. #2 by inflation is "Avatar", a 20th Century Fox movie.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  6. Rosver

Rosver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! What would you say to this guy:

7. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    O.K., let's say that Disney did plagiarize off of Kimba. Even if that were the case, the Tezuka company's lawyers couldn't really pose a threat to suing Disney because of Disney's sheer size. Were Disney a really small indie movie company, perhaps.