Request English Language BL Audio Books

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pocketbear, Jul 8, 2020.

1. pocketbear

pocketbear !!!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello my sisters,

(I'd you don't like BL why TF are you in this thread go home)

I recently have been looking for audio books to listen to while I garden and do chores. However what I want to listen to is the danmei I read, but I cant understand asian languages yet. So I'm looking for English novels that you might suggest that you feel are BL/yaoi/danmei, even if you don't know if they have an audio books I don't mind doing that searching. I just want quality! I can google for gay stories but I'd rather have friends with high standards give me quality recommendations.

So please, give me your English language danmei novels (don't care if they are british or american, just don't give me asian novels (unless they have an English audiobook), ive got all those down pat don't you worry. )
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  2. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? I'm confused, so you understand Chinese/Korean/Japanese/etc. but still want English novels? Btw, I don't have any recommendations. Audio books aren't my thing and I don't read English bl much either. Wish there were audio dramas in America.

3. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    If you really want, wattpad has a lot of English BL. You can get a reader app and get it to read chapters, although you'll have to use your finger to touch the screen to get to the next chapter.

4. Bellilelly

Bellilelly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow I have not tried reading English bl novel yet :blobwoah: lmk if there’s any major difference between them and Asian ( tho I mainly only read Chinese bl so not too sure about other Asian bl novel on NU) bl novels. Like do English bl novel have similar drama (not the movie drama but like action drama or smth) theme, faceslapping(?)( honesty I’ve never seen any face slapping in any English novel I read or at most character are more HAH! Gotchu bishhh etc. are the top also yandere? And low key abusive????? Compared to danmei on NU?

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm?
    have you try asked on danmei thread? plenty of NUF danmei member (the old wiseone) watching that one so maybe faster there while on general section mostly just random cat lurking here~

oh look one danmei cat been baited

6. pocketbear

pocketbear !!!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand Korean/japanese/chinese yet, I'm studying but I'm a baby at best.

Deleted member 125960 and Novela like this.
  7. pocketbear

pocketbear !!!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only ever found one english bl novel by accident and I didn't like the overall theme and dropped it sadly. But it was closer to like...uh... Any generic young adult fantasy but with boys, if I had to say? It just took a basic story line and made it gay, which wasn't bad or anything. That's the only one I've ever read so I can't say much for the genre in america. Most of the ones I've read are chinese too xD

8. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread... kinda gave me an idea to make some bl audiobooks! :blobcatblush:blobmelt_thumbs

9. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of Mercedes Lackey’s older stuff is BL. She even had a BL trilogy, but I can’t remember the title. Dunno if there are audio books. But not everything is BL, she also wrote GL, BG, and even trios.

Deleted member 125960 likes this.
  10. fteg123

fteg123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A BL English series that I can think of would be the Something like ... Series. (The ... would contain a season or weather like Summer.)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_Like..._series
    [From what I can remember of a few books I read, it is not a fluffy romance.]

Deleted member 125960 likes this.
  11. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's see...I know of a few if I can find them again.

Actual audiobooks (I've listened to):
    Authors/titles:
    • Layla Reyne: she has two interconnected trilogies that I really enjoyed. Not sure they are audio books though.
    • Sidney Bell: I actually haven't read anything by her yet, but I do have some on my tbr list so I thought I'd share her name.

12. Itsuki_kaname

Itsuki_kaname New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Song of achilles i think you will like it coz this is one of the best audio book i found☺️

pocketbear likes this.
  13. Yakinori

Yakinori Human

Reading List:
    Link
    Song of Achilles +1 REALLY OF THE BESSST!