Wuxiaworld Ads

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 12300, Jul 7, 2020.

1. 12300

12300 [How many sheep can Snorlax count?]

Reading List:
    Link
    While reading the latest overgeared chapter, my laptop started heating up and the fans start to run. It seems that my adblocker is blocking 1000+ ads on the website. What happened? Can't even go on the website without my fans going out of control.:blobconfused:

Deleted member 125960 likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. SilvaLau

SilvaLau Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It happens, try using a different device and see if it persist. This usually happens when a certain device of yours get targeted by certain "bad" advertisers.

Not only wuxiaworld, sometimes it happens on my site too or even NovelUpdates, I just leave the tab open and I'll see the ad blocker counter keep increasing over time.

4. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Go mobile, pc is just too big of a screen to read anyway.

Also maybe you have more than one ad blocker? Maybe there's some clash (idk ), I never had ad problems on we even on pc

5. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Insert racist comment*

elengee likes this.
  6. jind2ux5ijguj3scxtum

jind2ux5ijguj3scxtum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a few years since the last time I heard about this problem but if I remember correctly the last time this happened was because the ad network wuxiaworld uses (a separate company) was not properly vetting the ads and allowing ads that were basically malware. I haven't been to wuxiaworld in recent years so I'm unfamiliar with their current process and if this is still the case but the section about ad changes should give you an idea of what is going on.https://www.wuxiaworld.com/announcement/wuxiaworld-ad-changes-future-reading-model

7. daildaros

daildaros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bruh, mine goes like 50k ads or something, I usually opened lots of tabs at once and wondering why my pc suddenly start lagging for no reason, and here I thought it was because of auto update.

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    No need to compare, it's not your power level. :blobpats:

9. 01

01 [REDACTED]

Reading List:
    Link
    Try noscript extension.

thepope and lunarshadow like this.
  10. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Try removing the cookies from your computer, that was what I did when I sudenly discovered addblock blocked +100k ads on the sites I used for watching anime. That worked, but 2-3 weeks later I hadd to do it once more... so it's not a permanent fix.

11. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    UMatrix extension and block scripts.

Ads by itself are simply images that does nothing.

Scripts are the one that eats up your processor.

(Most ads have some sort of JavaScript paired with it.)

12. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @12300 are the amount of sheep a Snorlax counts.

I don't seem to be having the problem in regards to ads? Is it an issue of devices or connection settings?

13. criticalmind

criticalmind Enter Chunni Name Here

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here

upload_2020-7-9_22-6-47.png

And that's after I stopped the page load

14. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We're using a soft anti-adblock solution which is supposed to display some ads through adblockers. But in certain cases it's resulting in ads being blocked, trying to load again, being blocked, and repeating in an infinite loop. It isn't actually trying to load 13413515 ads, and it isn't intentional.

It's being investigated, but to avoid it in the meantime you can just disable your adblocker, or spend $5/month to support us, gaining ad-free access, offline reading in our app, and other benefits. The content you're reading costs us money to produce!

criticalmind likes this.
  15. ijen

ijen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been following wuxiaworld for over 3 years. I'm a witness to every magical things you guys said and did. I remember a team doing 2 chapters per week and 70$ for additionals. They bragged and said we do this like volunteers. You know 7.25 dollar is the minimum wage in US per hour. And 70 dollar is considered volunteer. I remember a clown translator who divided a chapter into 3 parts and did 3 parts meaning 1 chapter in 1 week. Then, 3 parts became 1 part per week then 1 part per month then AWOL. When a fan raised voice again the slacker, admin team rebuked them calling it free volunteer work, like or leave. I remember the start of webnovel, they took their qidian novels which was translated by slackers in wuxiaworld. So, protests were seen on big fronts saying webnovel was the thief and wuxiaworld was readers' favorite and will never be like them. Time passed, additionals became vip, locked chapters and webnovel was considered thief and wuxiaworld was the volunteer. After all those time you finally said it costs us money to produce and no more volunteer. Evolution of wuxiaworld. Remember this at the end of the day, you're all of chinese origin, and only one thing matters regardless of moral or every thing you speak. This is somewhat reply to jaspers comment