WuxiaWorld Ad Spam

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by shadowrowan, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowrowan

shadowrowan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So nothing against Wuxiaworld as I love reading their translations and all, but holy crap their ads were out of control just now. My ad-blocker was tallying up hundreds of blocked ads a second and I went from 19% of my 32 GB of RAM used, to 71% in less than 2 minutes.

2. Liedral

Liedral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ..? Seriously? I have ad blocker disabled for wuxiaworld and I still don't see ads.

tekinwillie and thymee like this.
  3. criticalmind

criticalmind Enter Chunni Name Here

Reading List:
    Link
  4. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    i have javascript disabled for that site.....no ads, no begging for registration pop-ups, just pure chapter reading....

NamGi, tekinwillie and 01 like this.
  5. Drakaos

Drakaos Member (Patriarch?) of the Anti-Qidian Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, some really weird shits happening on their site rn. Normally my adblock only blocks like 20-30 ads per chapter, but on some chapters, the number just skyrockets. Like, 500 ads a second, and the number just keeps on rising. I actually managed to get to about 60,000 ads once before my browser just froze.

NamGi likes this.
  6. ijen

ijen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been following wuxiaworld for over 3 years. I'm a witness to every magical things you guys said and did. I remember a team doing 2 chapters per week and 70$ for additionals. They bragged and said we do this like volunteers. You know 7.25 dollar is the minimum wage in US per hour. And 70 dollar is considered volunteer. I remember a clown translator who divided a chapter into 3 parts and did 3 parts meaning 1 chapter in 1 week. Then, 3 parts became 1 part per week then 1 part per month then AWOL. When a fan raised voice again the slacker, admin team rebuked them calling it free volunteer work, like or leave. I remember the start of webnovel, they took their qidian novels which was translated by slackers in wuxiaworld. So, protests were seen on big fronts saying webnovel was the thief and wuxiaworld was readers' favorite and will never be like them. Time passed, additionals became vip, locked chapters and webnovel was considered thief and wuxiaworld was the volunteer. After all those time you finally said it costs us money to produce and no more volunteer. Evolution of wuxiaworld. Remember this at the end of the day, you're all of chinese origin, and only one thing matters to you regardless of every moral or other shits you speak. This is somewhat reply to jaspers comment

Liyus, sadmanex, NamGi and 2 others like this.
  7. NightShayde

NightShayde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do my reading on my iPhone. In safari, there is a “reading mode” that is several horizontal lines in the URL bar, to the right of the web address. Sometimes I have to hit refresh to get reading mode because bad coding, but it works on 90% of the novels I read. There is adjustable font, a dark mode, and adjustable text size. It works on wuxia just fine. Wattpad has an issue where the text is stuck in an old font (except the header) but it saves battery, blocks ads, and while glitchy, it’s effective.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  8. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since you use iPhone to read I recommend Norton Ad Blocker from the App Store since it’s what I use and does a very good job

NightShayde and 01 like this.
  9. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    Block cookies, block JavaScript. Solves nearly every internet problems.

10. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    socilasim, equality for all sounds good on paper...not in real life.....WW started on a rosy ideal, but with the flow of time they r facing the hard truth of money matters.....i dont know what the adpocalypse is on WW, but in late 2018, WW on my phone showed a top ad, a bottom ad, ads between paragraphs, and a goddamn floating ad every 10 to 20s.....and then there's the mandatory registration to read more after 10 or so chapters(?).....thankfully i only read ATG on their site....

11. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was just a rogue script and your adblocker getting into a fight. It tries to load an ad, is blocked, treats it as an error and tries to continue, then repeats ad nauseam. That’s why it was only an issue for those on certain adblockers, not for those who had disabled adblockers for WW. We noticed the reports and addressed it yesterday, holler if it’s still causing issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.