Discussion The Webtoon Unordinary is written like a shitty fanfic

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by FIEND, Jul 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    It started out really incredible but all the sudden author just leaves plot holes here and there and everywhere
    Threw away any character development straight out the 8th story window and made john some raging 8year old while hypocritical bitch assncharecters like arlo and serph elevated to some kinda saints

Well i hope that's rectified later on and every charecter pulls their head out their ass

And the fact things so obvious like "king controlling press" cant possibly happen in a story where everyone has smartphones not dependent on some mail boy for their morning news paper

Such obvious holes are max irritating. Does anyone else feel the same?
    Ted talk over.

2. FoolishCarp

FoolishCarp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel you man, unordinary just threw every logic down the drain.

Xxsafirex and FIEND like this.
  3. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a shame, really, especially I have been following that webtoon since from webtoon challenge before getting official :blobcry:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    FIEND likes this.
  4. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped it long time ago since it look like a mess. The world is not properly conveyed plus I can't understand the characters anymore.
    So I agree wirh your statement and wonder why that's even popular.

FIEND likes this.
  5. Fp401

Fp401 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point in the story i would rather have the government neutralize all their abilities. They are all just irresponsible.

FIEND likes this.
  6. SassyCanoeWizard

SassyCanoeWizard Allure of the unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    All characters there are hypocritical. Teachers and authorities who react only when John is beating up others, Arlo who appears to be protective and needed when he was but a bully, local heroes who start rescue and care only when John isn’t under control anymore. It seems that author intended to make John scared after period of detainment he went through. But after everything going not as he expected John simply threw his reason away.

I guess the only reason to read that webtoon is if you like to spectate protagonist which other think of as underdog handing out beatings and faceslappings

Xxsafirex likes this.
  7. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    THIS IS ANOTHER ISSUE
    Where are the fucking teachers?
    They just chill out and watch the show while students get ALMOST killed???????

I think up to the point john regressed into an 8 year old was good. It had my rapt attention and i was praising the shit outta how hypicrical charecters got what they deserved, and how john had a massive point. But now???? It feels like shes just writing whatever tf she wants to. Like how can , lets say Logically, a pack of edgy teens and their lil safe space gang fight against a full blown criminal organization? Even the charecters know the higher up so called authorties are turning a blind eye to everything. So what can u do w knowledge that can hurt more than help u?
    Its so bad its just cringe at this point

8. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped it when Serafina? Or what’s her name lost her powers.

Don’t state your opinion on the WebToon since those kids can’t take any talk other than saying it’s the best ever. :blob_coffee::blob_coffee::blob_coffee:

Tofu Cat, Jackmeher and FIEND like this.
  9. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the worst is johns so called sob story. It didnt invoke sympathy in anyone, for one. And 2 its clear he has major personality and anger issues. Its one thing if the author wrote it as : the green hair bitch and the rest of the class JELOUS of johns rise banded against him like a pack of rats and john like the beautiful villain he is beat the shit outta them to the afterlife. And UNFAIRLY he was harshly diciplined to the point of vietnam flashbacks.

Now everything starts coming together. Would have also been reasonable if john admitted that he shouldnt have went full on crippled and acted somewhere in the middle ground throught the school. Ofc its reasonable why he went crippled. Like he was making a point etc. But he never comes to the terms that this was a bad idea in system that is surivival of the fittest. What was he expecting lol? To be carried as a king when he acts the peasant?
    Charecters show frustrating development. The worst is seraphina who has her head so far stuck up her ass it touches her nose. She believes SHE is the victim just cuz john had a secret and is hell bent on fixing his personality. Like sis if his daf couldnt and the authorities couldnt what makes u a crippled think u can? Talk no jitsu prob. After everything happens she convinently forgets johns been coincidently beating the shit outa everyone who bullied her
    She chooses to trust arhoe and everyone else instead of asking john why he decieved her this entire time???? John has every right to feel betrayed and angry. Forget arlo i think serphina is the biggest asshole.
    Not to mention the rest of the gang is just a gang of edgelords who think they can solve the worlds problems and become the new world orders heros

10. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Screenshot_20200711_215353.png

That.

Typo.

(ಠ益ಠ)

11. SassyCanoeWizard

SassyCanoeWizard Allure of the unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    She wasn’t jealous though? She literally gave him his strength. She sincerely helped him as long as he was her friend

12. Sharudeis

Sharudeis Semi-narcoleptic

Reading List:
    Link
    It started decently, and there was potential with the societal conflict as shown through the hierarchy. But then the story took a left turn off a cliff, and the author decided that throwing logic out of a window and running it over with a dump truck was a good idea to progress the story. There should have been a limit to how irrationally some of the characters behaved, but no, it just goes on and on.
    I dropped it around then too. Tried to get back into it a few times but noped out. You'd think the mc would know better than to treat serafina the way he did, but hell nah. He didn't even have the balls to admit to having powers even as he goes around being a douche with a paper bag on his head, and then things just snowballed into a trainwreck from there.
    Not saying he's the only one at fault but damn it was frustrating to read

FIEND likes this.
  13. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow that big size close-up tingling up my inner perfectionist senses :blobjoy:

LaDyViL likes this.
  14. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

No no im saying it would have been more rational if it was about her being jelous and everyone being jelous or something like that . I meant it in the sense that a better sob story is needed for us to sympathize with john. With the current backstory and his current actions, author is just going down the " john is an asshole piece of shit, everyone else is a saint who will slay his ass and put him in his place" route.
    Or shes going down the pretentious gray area of justice route

15. Anonymousbb

Anonymousbb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the webtoon, but my response to this is: China.

It is developed, people have smart phones, and they have 100% control of their press and the opinions people are allowed to express in public. Many can use VPNs to access the greater internet, but they meet the qualifications of what you wrote and makes it sound not ridiculous at all.

From what everyone else has said about it, I've been convinced to remove it from my "start later" list though.

16. b1w2c3

b1w2c3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I gave up on it a long time ago. Mc was too stingy at times. Never quite understood what was so good about it. Tog is better

17. TheBookWorm

TheBookWorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to anticipate every chapters update:blobconfounded:. Dropped it when everyone's personality became a mess, one by one, I started to dislike the characters I once adored. It's like reverse character development.

FIEND likes this.
  18. Vanagandr

Vanagandr [ Outer God ] [ Sleeping ]

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah that webtoon is really a shame
    I rather read Invisible Dragon the (?)th times than continue reading that one
    :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

FIEND likes this.
  19. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

Its an american webtoon tho?? Charecters and settings are american. Maybe im wrong.

Since u didnt read it lemme explain it briefly.
    The king or the highest ranked power student will appoint who is the press chair
    This person circulates information thro newspapers and posters around school. When john becomes king, he changes isen the old press chair w cecil to control information.
    But the authir made it seem as if the only way students know things are thro that schools news paper etc and forgets that the internet exists. The king cant control the internet as well

Anonymousbb likes this.
  20. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that John's psychological defizit will turn out to be some kind of side effect of his ability. . .

FIEND likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.