Spoiler The Villainous Daughter’s Butler ~I Raised Her to be Very Cute~

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Shadowhawkstar

Shadowhawkstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same

lan2001h likes this.
  2. stardrops

stardrops Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are there any updates regarding the novel's manga adaption? like when will the release date be or something?

3. Ginko Biloba

Ginko Biloba [♤Blackjack Sect Mascot♤] [☆100MB SPAMMER☆]

Reading List:
    Link
    *prepares an offering for the goddess @KuroInfinity *
    Oh beloved goddess!!! Heed our prayers!!!! Bless us pitiful beings with more spoilers!!!!!

Mikaa and Hypothon like this.
  4. KuroInfinity

KuroInfinity [Decipherer of Texts] [She Who Shall Not Be Named]

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything you'd like to know specifically? lol
    By the end of Volume 3, Cyril has gained enough achievements to be granted a honourary noble title, so Marquis Rosenberg decides to pass on one of his extra titles to him, making it so that Cyril will officially become a Count once he comes of age, and with that, Cyril officially becomes a candidate to be Sophia's fiance! He'll still be her butler until then, though. :blobmelt:

5. quarantine is good

quarantine is good its august

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the spoiler:cookie:

KuroInfinity likes this.
  6. KuroInfinity

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the VERY late response... but here:
    1) Have you ever read "About the Reckless Girl Who Kept Challenging a Reborn Man Like Me"? Its like that. Cyril is just a normal person, with his only advantage being his memories of his previous life. He wasn't a genius, and can't learn things faster than a true genius like Sophia or the other capable kids in the story could. They got to where they are on their own strength, they didn't cheat like he did. That's why he's so humble. He knows he's nothing special, and that he would've probably been surpassed by now if he didn't work so hard.

2) So far the only other confirmed reincarnator is Professor Tristan. Its revealed at the end of Volume 2 that he's actually Cyril's sister from his previous life. But because he had only regained his memories after "Tristan" had formed a sense of 'self' many years into the reincarnation, its more a case of "Suddenly gaining access to your previous life's memories" rather than the previous life overwriting what the original character was supposed to be, like how it was with Cyril overwriting the original incompetent character.

3) Folsynia's fate. Being the daughter of Tristan's master, she was actually his disciple growing up, which reveals why she's so competant and why she has so much information to be mistaken as a reincarnator. Its revealed in volume 2 that she suffers from magical overcharge, the same thing that plagues Sophia (which is hinted through how she sometimes has red eyes), but doesn't have any way of filtering out her magic power at an efficient rate since her body is highly resistant to magic. As a result, she's bound to die soon in the future unless she gets help. Tristan has been moving to do so, but even with his original genius AND his reincarnated memories, it wasn't enough, which is why he was looking for reincarnators.

4) There are hints that Alicia is going to end up with the Prince Alforth in the future, but it hasn't been confirmed. Libert is definitely pursuing her, but they don't really have any shipping moments. But as of the latest chapter, she's still in love with Cyril, and its been foreshadowed that she might be planning something...

4.5) Alforth is still after Sophia in the latest chapter, but we know that isn't happening, and Libert honestly doesn't have any real shipping moments yet. Its been foreshadowed that "Anessa" might appear in a later volume though, a commoner girl briefly mentioned by Libert as the daughter of the uniform store owner, who was confirmed to be Alicia's love rival in Libert's commoner route.

5) At the end of volume 3, Cyril has earned enough achievements that many people are calling for him to be officially instated as a noble. Marquis Rozenberg passes him one of his extra titles, making it so he'll officially become a Count once he comes of age. He did this so that he could eventually become Sophia's fiance and keep both him and Sophia out of the Royal family's hands. BUT, the royal family still hasn't given Cyril his reward yet, so we'll see in volume 4.

6) Sophia's older brother appears. Alforth's older brother-- the first prince appears. The prince of the Flamefield Empire appears. They're all capture targets.

7) Cyril turns 13 during the side-stories inbetween volumes 2 and 3, while Sophia turns 13 in volume 3. I want a timeskip too, but I don't think one will happen unless Cyril gets adopted first, since I don't think it'll be possible anymore once he comes of age.

Whew... anything else? :blobnom:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  7. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how does cyril realize his romantic love for sophia? it still kinda seems like he's still transitioning from seeing her as the cute little girl he mentored to being interested in her as a sexy romantic partner. is there any big moment where he decides to reciprocate her interest? or is the engagement more of a matter of convenience to keep the both of them from becoming royal lackeys? i thought he was still trying to match sophia with alforth? when did he give up on that?

when does cyril find out that tristan used to be his sister in their past life? does that affect their dynamics at all since tristan is older than him and kind of a respected figure to cyril in his own right, or do they just agree to forget about the past life with regards to the family dynamic since there's no way things can be the same?

what are sophia's and alforth's older brothers like?

Mikaa and MiserableSOUL like this.
  8. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm extremely thankful Goddess Kuro! Sadly, only a spiritual offering/prayer of gratitude this humble peasant is able to offer. Hmm... as of now, I guess I'd want extensions. Kinda... surprised on the Tristan add-on, care to remind/tell us if it was already mentioned how our available reincarnators died in their OG life?
    Details on the other capture targets? (do we have illustrations/descriptions? Especially older bro. How/Why has he been absent all this time/negligent of the original abuse?)
    The birthday parties of our leads? I can imagine Cyril's admirers won't pass up an opportunity to have him be surprised and Sophia constantly reminds us she wants to celebrate her birthday so long as Cyril is still at her side

Edit: Same as above, the potential sibling dynamic is gonna be... entertaining. But I'm also curious on Cyril's reaction on Tristan

Edit2: Just realized, why WAS Cyril only wary of Alforth/Libert's route? Are those the only 2 routes where OGCyril and Sophia gets executed perhaps? I mean, with the reveal the first prince being a captured target or Sophia's older bro also being a target, does Cyril have some plans of his own related to the OGgame that affect the other targets? If my new question is confusing, first part is basically, why were they introduced now? If they really were targets, then why hasn't Cyril showed more vigilance as with Alforth/Libert?

Poor_Hero and MiserableSOUL like this.
  9. KuroInfinity

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof... so many rapid fire questions...
    Its revealed in Volume 2, that Cyril still prefers girls in their 20s, as his preferences haven't changed from his previous life, but is still open to the idea of being with Sophia, but after they grow up a bit and its still mutual. Here's a small preview:
    (Just for context, Isabella is an actor in her 20s that Cyril hired to teach him and the rest of the student council the way of theatre)

“...Lady Sophia, is there something wrong?”

“Cyril, do you prefer older girls?”

A very straightforward inquiry has arrived. Though as she was the daughter of a Marquis, I’d like to ask her where the subtlety expected of the nobility had gone.

“Answer me. Cyril, do you or do you not prefer girls like Isabella?”

“Well... I do think she’s very attractive, yes.”

When considering both my past and present lives, I was technically over thirty years old. However, my mental age wasn’t that high.

As one gets older, it was normal for one’s preferences in the opposite sex to grow older as well. However, because of reincarnation, my preferences haven’t changed that much from my previous life as a student.

When taking that into consideration, I considered my lady to be a girl younger than me, while Isabella was seen as someone of the same age.

“...I’m still growing.”

Lady Sophia muttered that under her breath while she looked over herself somewhat restlessly. That action of hers was cute, but… it seems it’ll still be quite some time before she acquires the charms of an adult.

She seemed to be subconsciously comparing herself in frustration.

But it was just as my lady said. In only a few more years, she would undoubtedly mature from the adorable girl she was to a beautiful young woman.

So that’s why--

“I know, and I’m looking forward to that time.”

My lady blinked her eyes in surprise, her cheeks flushing slightly red. Perhaps she realised that her mutters were heard, as she squirmed a bit in embarrassment.

With just that one sentence, her jealous anger was quelled.

We finished checking the rest of the props under a silent but still somewhat pleasant mood.
    In volume three though, the royal family of the Flamefield Empire appears. Prince Harold approaches Sophia to take her as his wife, while Princess Charlotte approaches Cyril to similarly take him as her husband, gaining his magic knowledge for the Empire. Spoiler: they both get publicly rejected. Cyril and Sophia end up forced to spend a lot of time away from each other, but it only makes their relationship stronger in the end.

Cyril even proposes to Sophia at the end of Volume 3 after he's passed the title of Count by the Marquis, declaring that he wants to walk the same path as her, and stay by her side. Even though he technically wasn't allowed since he still wasn't a noble, so it isn't official... yet.

Cyril figures out the truth about Tristan in Volume 2. They acknowledge their past, but agree that its the past, not who they are now. They confine in each other as reincarnators, but its more as Uncle-Nephew, rather than Brother-Sister.

The first prince Lancelot and Ernest are both on 'capable' side. They're also sis-cons.

Lancelot is great, he's wary of Cyril because he thinks he's after Fol (To which Cyril openly denies, saying that he's not interested), but is also quite the awesome friend. He looks out for Cyril when he thinks that Ernest is going to sell him out to the Flamefield Empire to keep Prince Harold away from Sophia, because of how Cyril saved Fol from death, saying that he won't just let him "Throw Cyril out to the wolves".

Ernest hasn't appeared until now because he was studying abroad in the Flamefield Empire, only coming home sparingly and probably off-camera during times we didn't see. Sophia was originally supposed to be a bro-con, finding sanctuary in her brother's arms during her years of harassment, but becoming independent, capable, and beautiful seems to have reversed that dynamic. He also has a love-hate relationship with Cyril as a person he just barely acknowledges as worthy of his sister, openly stating that he'll never forgive him if he makes her cry. He even challenges Cyril to a sword match in volume 3 because of a misunderstanding that he hurt her.

As for appearances... just imagine two older guys with the same hair/eye colour as Sophia and Alforth respectively. No images since there's only one volume out in print and they appear in volume 3.

Cyril's birthday passes off-screen, we don't see it. Sophia's happens during volume 3, she gets to perform accompanied by her brother on a piano... I think. Its been a while since I read it.

Cyril wasn't wary of the first prince or the Empire's prince because he wasn't aware of them. Tristan reveals that Espressivo of Light and Darkness had a fan-disk that he didn't play, which included new routes for a new heroine which turns out to be Pamela-- the girl Cyril saved during the entrance examinations.

Before you ask, like many other girls, she's implied to have a crush on Cyril, but she gets little to no screen-time even after the reveal as another heroine. So its highly likely she's just going to stay as an unimportant background character, unless things change in Volume 4. But as of volume 3, Alicia is the only heroine that really matters.
    ...there you go. :blobpeek:

10. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoilers! so, lancelot is very doting on fol but what does he think about alforth? did he bond with ernest bc they're both siscons? since sophia didn't become a brocon, does she just have a normal distant relationship with ernest on her side and dislike him for being so wary of cyril? does fol like lancelot being all siscon-y and protective? what does lancelot think of tristan, since he has a pretty close relationship with her?

11. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you once more Goddess. Currently satisfied (was actually gonna make a 3rd edit at that point if one of those CTs were gonna be a hidden route but you already went far and beyond *even answering the what happens to the other CTs on the OGplot like Sophia being a brocon)

Edit: Kinda surprised Cyril's OGlife he was already in his 30s (after rereading your comment and counting, he's still close to 30). The way you translated the prologue made me assume he was early to mid twenties but not that far in age *I may remember things wrongly though*

12. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he wasn't in his thirties in his past life. he was a college student in his past life and it's only adding those years and the years he lived as cyril that equals "in his thirties".

13. KuroInfinity

Reading List:
    Link
    Its unknown, they don't really interact, but Lancelot does ask Cyril if he and Sophia are planning on support his brother in the succession war(that's still far off in the future and hasn't really been explored yet).

Yes, Lancelot and Ernest are friends.

She gets along with her brother as normal siblings, Ernest is just more overprotective now.

Fol finds Lancelot's sis-conness slightly annoying, but endearing. She still loves him as her little brother (though they're cousins).

Its unknown, Lancelot and Tristan don't get a chance to interact.

...and that should be enough, yeah? I'm done answering questions for the day. :blobpeek:
    No, Cyril was in his twenties as a post-secondary student majoring in magic. Its only combined with the 12-13 years in his new life as "Cyril" that he considers himself over thirty. He's still mentally in his twenties.

14. quarantine is good

Reading List:
    Link
    um so did he start anything that made him influencial?

15. KuroInfinity

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. He's still highly regarded for his skills and magic, and is looked towards as a capable leader and manager, but status wise he's still just a commoner butler.

He gets the chance to marry into the royal family of the Flamefield Empire when Princess Charlotte proposes to him, saying that if he accepts, she'll see what she can do about keeping her brother away from Sophia, but Cyril refuses, since even if marrying a princess, improving the relationships between their two countries, and keeping Sophia away from Harold could all be accomplished just by accepting, it wasn't the end result he wanted.

There probably won't be any rise in influence until Cyril comes of age and becomes a noble.

16. Ginko Biloba

Reading List:
    Link
    The offering worked!!!! Yay!!! Goddess @KuroInfinity may I know what happens with the prince?? Does he pursue Sophia?? What is Cyril's thoughts about him??

Mikaa likes this.
  17. Ginko Biloba

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally saw what happened....thanks a lot for the spoilers!!! ^_^

KuroInfinity likes this.
  18. KuroInfinity

Reading List:
    Link
    Alforth grows a lot, especially in Volume 2. He's still in love with Sophia, and even moves to help keep her away from the imperial prince in Volume 3, asking her out to dances and the like.

Though... we all know that this ship is never going to happen.

In Volume 2, before the Student Council's rendition of the play version of Espressivo of Light and Darkness is about to start, Fol collapses in sickness and Sophia ends up taking her role as the heroine. Seeing this, Alforth passes his role of the Prince over to Cyril, despite desperately wanting to perform with himself and Sophia as the main leads. He tells Cyril that he's giving him this win because, 'he doesn't deserve it as he is now', but declares that he will eventually surpass Cyril one day, and earn Sophia's love himself. Cyril accepts his challenge, and they officially become respected rivals.

19. Ginko Biloba

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for this blessings goddess!!!

KuroInfinity likes this.
  20. quarantine is good

Reading List:
    Link
    how did the play go?