Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Avalon would have absolutely sought after the demon king fragments so he could fulfill his twisted sense of being special and above everyone.

DieForMe, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  2. Truciderete

Truciderete Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He wrote that due to the work being made into a book he has to push the next chapter to July 15th.

Nimitz and hillo315 like this.
  3. Blue_Minnow

Blue_Minnow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the work Death mage? Is this a sign of growing popularity? I hope so. To one day see our 'perfectly normal person' of death on screen one day would be a dream.

hidefreek, Nimitz and hillo315 like this.
  4. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless they mess it up. And they probably would too.

hillo315 likes this.
  5. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be easy to do it, for now the Manga has already begun to omit things, but as an adaptation it has maintained the important, and even partially mentioned the things that although they are not as relevant in the plot, serve as anecdote, such as the undead and the adventurers of the first dungeon, and seeing how they have made the latest adaptations, it would be better to get more resources for the manga, with all due respect to the current artist, who does not do such a bad job (I like the variety of design of the ghouls and the proportions Van's are more realistic). Although being honest, I would like from time to time to see an anime star that is not apparently a Kirito (I don't know if it's the same with you, but in Latin fandom it's a common joke).

Although the most ironic and sad thing is that it is more likely than ever to adapt it to give it a bad adaptation.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  6. hidefreek

hidefreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kirito.....well, the author is a legend who make the good novel (SAO and AW) but those writers try to use his patterns with make most of other world Japanese novel gone astray.
    so sad:blobsad:

hillo315 likes this.
  7. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    It is more aesthetic, that of the appearance of the protagonist, but yes, I have heard many good things about the novels (like the balance of power of Kirito), but it seems that those things are not adapted

hillo315 likes this.
  8. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    It because people expectation, if you not expecting anything you will enjoy the novel regradless the quality:blobpopcorn:. Also maybe the writter think people like this kind of novel and decide to do same.

hidefreek and hillo315 like this.
  9. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    You just made my day. I'm keeping that in my signature, if you don't mind.

Bla8bla likes this.
  10. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    SAO good ? Okay i admit maybe first arc decent but it still full of hole, Alfheim kinda meh and GGO to much questionable mechanic and dumbed player, i dunno about rest but some of my friend kinda complaint about it, there also copy paste villain in every damn arc, other kabay(?) Akihiko(?) Other villain nothing but psycho rapist
    As AW didny follow didnt read but since quite many of my friend follow it and discusion about it seems rather stable standar shounen

hillo315 likes this.
  11. DieForMe

DieForMe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully it wont be arifureta'd by the studio. Imagine van's descent in origin be a bad cgi, the talosheim seige go overlord s3, i would be heartbroken. Though If david studio takes the project, i woild be amused if they do mei and banda go jojo pose.
    Hahaha

Bla8bla, hillo315 and hidefreek like this.
  12. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    for me the important thing about an adaptation is not so much the animation, but things like the effort put into it, the little details at key moments, the setting and the music, and more importantly, how they adapt the story, since there are occasions in the that I consider that it is acceptable to take liberties, as in moments of the original material that did not make sense or were only there to give "seriousness" to the matter when it has nothing to do with the style of the work or it never happens again. something that happened to praise the orc

to be honest I imagine Banda or the Vandeliu god watching Origins versions of series like Jojo, Baki, Hajime no Ippo, Kengan and hokuto no ken in their spare time

hillo315 likes this.
  13. hidefreek

hidefreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SAO started th Isekai and MMOVR novel bases to the globe.
    The story isn't difficult and easily to understand but it is a light novel base on japanese reader with will never improve.
    From our Kaijin perspectives, Japanese novel is downgrade to suit Japanese fetish.

hillo315 likes this.
  14. federyk

federyk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you think me-kun will be in the future? I say both in personality and in body.
    after all, he has death magic, he can see spirits, he is not afraid of a corpse and he likes strange things.
    I still believe that if Bandaru did not have a body she could be his incarnation as with Darcia and life, his main stake or a position like that of the pope in his religion, but that will call in the future

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    hillo315 likes this.
  15. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    englisch please

hillo315 likes this.
  16. federyk

federyk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry the automatic translator ruined it

hillo315 likes this.
  17. Kruger

Kruger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what the adult Van would be like without muscles

hillo315 and emersy like this.
  18. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More specifically, volume 7 of the light novel adaptation is set for release August 12th, and thus Densuke had to take some time to work on that. This doesn't mean Death Mage is necessarily becoming more popular in any specific way, but Death Mage is indeed what you'd consider a popular, successful web novel, in that it got picked up by a publisher (Hifumi Shobo) and Densuke's been getting actually paid for it since end of 2016.

Mirrored version of Ken Kaneki from the Tokyo Ghoul series, most likely:
    [​IMG]
    They've got the same white hair, white skin, one red eye thing going, and similar freaky extra body part and cannibalism powers. Actually, given Tokyo Ghoul was a popular manga series that ran from 2011-2018 (with a 2014 anime adaptation no less), and Death Mage started in 2015, I'm not entirely sure Van's general design wasn't originally just taken wholesale from Kaneki. :hmm:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    Bla8bla, canuto95, hidefreek and 5 others like this.
  19. Kruger

Kruger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was imagining Van with big hair I have an image to show just how much I can't post yet :(

hillo315 likes this.
  20. Kruger

Kruger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was researching some things and found an image, imagine if it were like that as an adult ..
    [​IMG][/ SPOILER] [/ SPOILER]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    hidefreek and hillo315 like this.