Discussion One piece Seastones Haki?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by bumm805, Jul 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. bumm805

bumm805 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my brother just asked me a question that in One Piece if a devil fruit user has the seastone shackles on him that cant he use armor haki to break it

2. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm....

Is it even used on ones that can ?

I only remember it was prevalent before new world, maybe it was for small goones?

3. Sayne

Sayne if u read this u are a noob

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope even the Top Tier Devil Fruit Users still have sea stone as a weakness but im not sure if it also prevents Haki. Well it shouldnt so I guess its probably just impossible to break (?)

4. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    You should have already know the answer when...
    onepiece67316-panel.jpg
    Seems like they're too weak to use their Haki or something

justmehere likes this.
  5. badasssal

badasssal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think Devil fruit users can break sea stone cuffs. Because during the enemies lobby arc a CP9 member mentioned that sea stones are as tough as diamonds (hence why the crew had to steal the key instead of break Robin free) and the stone makes DF users weak in a “morning hangover” Type of way making it impossible to use their full strength. A non DF user like Garp or Cody can probably bust a pair if they went full armament Haki but DF users get too weak in the knees to go full armament. Anyone notice if Luffy used armament haki (black fist) when he was a prisoner in the Wano labor camp?

6. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    stay tuned. manga explained how Rayleigh had used haki to escape from seastone cuffs and Luffy will learn too in upcoming episodes. very soon. maybe 3 or 4. give or take.

7. FFAx27

FFAx27 Seeking Enlightenment

Reading List:
    Link
    Seastone is said to be as hard as diamond... so no- you cant just break it, even with haki. Im not sure anyone can cut through diamond yet.. not even zoro, right?

8. daildaros

daildaros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure they can't, seastone would make them weak just like when they touch seawater, isn't haki user need to concentrate or something to do it?

9. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Betting on Mihawk since the mf can dice a meteor into pieces as compared to Zoro charging to full and only cleaving the meteor in half.

Also, the notion that the seastone weakening DF users until they cant concentrate, is it the same deal as to when Akainu managed to avoid heavy haki damages even when he is in logia?

I mean, haki is supposed to be the second alternative surefire method to hit logia right? So assuming if willpower triumphing over haki, why not can a high willpower DF user triumph over seastones?

10. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well considering luffy became a useless powerless goo after touching the sea that can not even float, the sea stones should render him powerless to a baby level at best.

11. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    According to wiki, it will weaken the haki

Pleasantly-plump likes this.
  12. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    but still strong enough to be angry and laugh lol

reminds me how many chapters I'm behind for the manga

kuroAnsatsu likes this.
  13. FFAx27

FFAx27 Seeking Enlightenment

Reading List:
    Link
    What luffy actually said at the time was 'if only I could use haki' when he was cuffed in it in ch 935

I don't think Luffy means it's weakening his haki. Make no sense since haki can be used underwater. From what we know, seastone suppress DF power and weakens/drains the user's power/strength. And Haki comes from a person's strength and willpower. So basically- I think what Luffy meant was that he was so drain of strength/willpower that he couldn't use haki.

Bloodysin28 and Pleasantly-plump like this.
  14. Ignorant-Aristocrat

Ignorant-Aristocrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This isn't entirely related, but does the ocean really cancel out devil fruit powers at all? Luffy was underwater during the Arlong arc but they managed to keep him breathing by pulling his head out of the water. Proving that his devil fruit powers still worked.
    What this may mean is that the ocean just super weakens them rather then depower them. Like Green Kryptonite instead of Gold/Blue Kryptonite.
    The reason why sea prison stone works on devil fruit users might be because it weakens them to the point they cant harness their powers.
    In that sense, Haki is a concentrated form of willpower which would probably require more focus that they cant manifest. When luffy used gear 4 against doflamingo, he became so exhausted that he was in a state similar to when he was in the sea.
    Even if they could manage it, isnt sea prison stone super tough? Like adamantium grade? I for one can't remember anything made from the stuff ever breaking. Which makes me wonder why the navy never made swords or other stuff out of them

15. Rogel17

Rogel17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same reason why they use it as shackles, its hard to break and hard to form in delicate shapes..

16. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    the ocean restric the use of DF, and the seastone block the use of DF.
    the ocean is like a diluited seastone.

Ignorant-Aristocrat likes this.
  17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    What they are weak to is sea stone, the ocean has sea stone in it as water corodes stone after many years. That is what sea salt is.

What sea stone does is make them dizzier and weaker. Thus abilities like hali and devel fruit that require control go out of wack. They still work but with thier consentration down its much harder.

If haki is activated beforehand, they can go in the ocean or even touch sea stone. But afterwards its not the case.

As for if they can break out of the cuffs if they already have them on. Well as mentioned they are tough as diamond. But it also depends on the consentration of the sea stone. Like I dont think the wano country cuffs were that high consentration as all it did was up thier stamina consumption. I think they are made so that you can work while still being tied down

18. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's not about hardness once you get to those extreme levels of power. I think sea stones just make devil fruit users so weak they can't break free, rather than nullifying Haki. Sea stone weakens the body and nullifies devil fruit power right? If Sanji had stones on him it wouldn't effect him or his Haki.

19. Prion

Prion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seastone is as taff as diamond and even people of the admiral and yonko level are unable to break the shackles and then you have to know, that the seastone weakens them more than them just losing their devil fruit powers