LCD SSS-Class Suicide Hunter

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Alk, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, in real life we obviously don't have a cheat skill to make us turn back. It's not like the novel says something like "If you have problems in life it's better to just die", heck the MC wasn't even suicidal before and despaired when his skill had death as a side-effect. Suicide here is only a mean to go back in the past, that's all. If anything, the suicides in this story are more of a mean to actually survive and see another day, rather than end it all.
    And I don't know if you're speaking about this novel, but it ain't chinese, it's a korean one. About chinese novels though, I'd reccomend both RIs : Reverend Insanity and Renegade Immortal (they're really great, latter even moreso afaik). And pretty much all Er Gen's novels, especially the first three. You'll have your tension, and more.
    I heard Lord of the Mysteries is great by many people, so you can check that. Zhai Zu's novels are also good, Rise of Humanity and Tales of Herding Gods iirc. There's also Devil's Son-in-Law that's promising iirc. Aside from that, yeah, not much I know of ;/.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Korean has a suicide epidemic. It's a big deal. My favorite actors, actresses etc have committed suicide so yeah, the title was off putting.
    I am surprised that no one just said that it's similar to Re:Zero

3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Skills are tower-exclusive therefore he can only use them inside the tower.

darkza1569 likes this.
  4. darkza1569

darkza1569 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, So that's why. But is the aura still be used outside tower?

5. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so, with the count dying in this chapter, I am thinking MC is definitely going to restart the day now. I just don't see how it's acceptable to him to let her stay dead.

Nepuko and Korleone like this.
  6. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Tower is magical outside not

7. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he would restart anyway.

8. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. If you were just checking out the title without having any knowledge of the series, then yeah I can understand XD. But yeah, it's not what you think it is.
    Yep! The Re:Zero comparison is pretty apt. This is basically Korean Re:Zero, just better.

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    He did say this this Coin of his is just a trial run anyway, afaik.

10. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    @Wujigege I was thinking about what you said with chinese stories starting to appear like things do not challenge the MCs. I have noticed it recently with several of the ones I follow, where either the enemies are way out of their league or the MC just wins and wins handily. TBH, I think I can understand why this happened. Personally, I had grown tired of 3-7 chapter bossfights that just seemed masturbatory but lately stories seemed to be devoid of them. I see comments from other readers of "this is just boring, we should skip this" during every major series of fights, even if those fights were driving growth in the mc. Don't know what to say really other than it seems like the pendulum has swung entirely in the opposite direction from the masturbatory fights I mentioned before to "underwhelming" faceslap fights, where mc finishes off an enemy in a few fights. personally, I kinda prefer the new way myself as I can't tell you how many stories I dropped due to the author making each significant fight take way too many chapters.

11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    My issue is not fights. Just ridiculousness of the plot.
    The power doesn't scale.
    And it is usually when it comes to finances. I don't really read novels for fights.
    I usually read management and Kingdom novels.
    I will have to read more Japanese novels although the translations are usually crap

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    kyoshijiro and userunfriendly like this.
  12. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    I have found few japanese novels worthy of reading. far too many being translated are aimed at 12 year olds and being almost 40 I just can't enjoy that anymore.

kyoshijiro and Wujigege like this.
  13. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Most times it is the translation that is so sad that the tone of the story changes to fit the grade school level that is the translator's skill.
    The translators also prefer perverted crap.
    Their top requirement in picking a story is usually not the plot but how many loli waifus are in the story

14. Visser

Visser Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

not really sure if this belongs here, just replying to @Wujigege i agree with you on the translator selections, maybe not so much the skill. if you pick a middle school story, it still translates into middschool level stuff, but there is always something "lost in translation". i wont say they are lazy, but i have felt for many years that a lot of the translators, especially anyone who uses the MTL, very rarely actually translates the story. they are just writing the words in a different language. if you all remember baka stuki LONG TIME AGO, they actually made some of their people agree to not take liberties with the story. but at the end of the day, if a sentence doesnt make sense in a different language, you need to edit stuff. if you edit some stuff why not edit more stuff? i can imagine a lot of these stories probably could be getting the half assed only fixing stuff when it absolutely doesnt make sense, when they SHOULD be re-interpreting some things.
    my example for this particular story would be the tone. the first few chapters were VERY frantic, the dude was some weird creepy stalker. magically 1 chapter he turns into a cool cat super power. this is fine. this is also dumb. i can imagine a "better" translator maybe adding a few things here and there to more smoothly transition. maybe half a sentence, maybe make him have an ephinay that isnt written. keep it small, but make it HELP the story without ruining the plot.
    just my opinion.
    PS there is a light novel series called 9s from the 90s, for some reason no one talks about it or translates it, its on par with a legit TOR liscensed novel, which might be why people dont touch it? liscenses. translators only grab the low hanging fruit they wont get sued for.

Wujigege likes this.
  15. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I had bad translators in my websites at the beginning. I think people underestimate how bad it can be. Articles are usually missing in Asian languages and even gender is not obvious at times.
    About low hanging fruit, you are right about webnovels but you forget that Chinese novels are not any different.
    Light novels are published works with professional editing
    The difference is that thanks to anime, the Japanese translator community is too fetishist.
    It is only loli pervert crap that they translate
    Look at this story for instance
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series...-bogyo-ryoku-ni-kyokufuri-shitai-to-omoimasu/
    It is a good story
    but this is better and light novel quality
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-girl-who-ate-a-death-god/
    The author is a professional though but it is still in webnovel format
    My translations were crap since the translator was MTL, as I discovered later

16. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    https://isekaiscan.com/manga/reincarnator/

Season One, the MC uses future knowledge to raid hedge funds.

NOT fantasy season one.:eek:

Wujigege likes this.
  17. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I might just look for the novel and translate it lol.

It's definitely my cup of tea haha.
    Thanks

gary0044187 and userunfriendly like this.
  18. Brago130sf

Brago130sf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what's the release schedule, i think monday is a holiday for tls but sometimes I don't get a chap on sat as well

19. cosmosg

cosmosg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well from next week onwards its release rate will be increased to 7 chapters a week

Brago130sf and userunfriendly like this.
  20. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Wujigege don't highjack the thread

iBakax3 likes this.