Discussion Fields of Gold is moving to Wuxiaworld

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by riririn, Jul 15, 2020.

1. riririn

riririn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uhhhhhhh I'm just really surprised. This came out of nowhere for me (admittedly, I'm behind by almost a hundred chapters) and I'm just... super surprised?? like... idk I don't even know what I'm feeling @_@ I personally haven't used Wuxiaworld before and their theme is a little bit too dark for me so I don't know if I will go back to read... This isn't anything against the novel or translators but just a personal thing. What do you guys think?
    (here's the announcement if you haven't seen it: https://www.volarenovels.com/post/fields-of-gold/fog-is-moving-to-wuxiaworld-in-a-month)

2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hit reading mode in your browser. "Light" enough for ya?

upload_2020-7-14_22-59-22.png

Tbh, I don't really think you like the novel that much if you'll drop it so easily, lol. If you had some sort of grudge with WuxiaWorld for something, that I'd get, y'know? But.. their theme is too dark? What does that even mean...

Also, hey, @Gonz, check it out. This chapter is named after us. Altho I'm a mermaid atm..

Fallion, StuffedDuck and tekinwillie like this.
  3. riririn

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for showing me the light mode, I didn't know it existed. I've never used their site before because the kind of novels I read are posted on other sites. As for Fields of Gold, I've fallen behind on updates because I wasn't enjoying it as much but I was originally planning to catch up at a later day, and I'm not the biggest fan of the new reading layout so I was thinking about putting it on indefinite hold instead of going back to read it. I'm sorry you thought that I was hating on Wuxiaworld, that wasn't my intention.

4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a mode on their site, to be clear; It's a function browsers have. At least some, anyway - I know Firefox and Chrome do.

It removes all the extra crap on the page and just presents the main blocks of text to you - in this case, the novel chapter. It's an alternate way of viewing some websites. You can use it on other sites you don't like, as well.

riririn likes this.
  5. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    You can also use their app like I do, which enables me to support their site since the app has small ad banners at the top and bottom of each chapter. To be honest their website is much too prone to bad ads but their app hasn't given me any issues

6. riririn

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the suggestion :)

7. Ak0w

Ak0w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Safari has it too