Spoiler My Fair Footman

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lullabiee, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Daisychangedhermind

Daisychangedhermind Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omgosh thank you guys for putting up spoilers this is such an underrated manhwa! It’s like a Spanish novela and Kdrama got married and had baby :blobcozy::X3:
    I hope Albert gets to beat the living daylights out of that pervert cousin:blobcurse: and Mc gets her rightful inheritance :blob_sunglasses:

2. Kaleidoscopeview

Kaleidoscopeview Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. That's her. She got jealous of Elijah because she is treated and acted like a noble although she is a commoner like Louisa. So when Benjamin's aide approached her to get info on Elijah by offering money (when Louisa is struggling with money), she thought that there would be no harm only for information right. Anyway Elijah is staying at the princess' villa and that Albert (supposed to be her master) seems to cherish her.

After Louisa regained consciousness (she was stabbed by Benjamin's aide and left to die but survive nevertheless), she went to Albert to ask him to rescue Elijah as she thought that Elijah is in danger.

LOL yess!! It is soo full of drama :ROFLMAO: indeed it is an underrated manhwa. I think because at first glance, people think of it as yaoi manhwa? Because I did. I skipped this manhwa but then I gave it a try and I don't regret it. Hopefully the english translation catches up with the chapters soon :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  3. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers! FINALLY! Its seems we're finally reaching to the climax of the Elijah kidnapping arc/subplot. I know Louisa didn't mean much harm and she WAS struggling with money but even so, giving out private information like that is completely unprofessional (even if we don't have to compare it to modern standards). Sure to her knowledge, Elijah is a commoner who IS favored by Albert, Elijah knows a little of noble etiquette at least BECAUSE it comes with her job as a footman. Still sending info out like that ESPECIALLY to someone being favored by a RELATIVE/ACQUAINTANCE of the royal family is normally bad news. Still, we can forgive her (and again, she had financial issues) when she warned Albert and he's FINALLY making his move

4. Kaleidoscopeview

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 74 is out! And let me tell you, it is too detail that the story development is nerve wrackingly slow! I WANT ALBERT AND ELIJAH MARRIAGE SOON!

ok anyway, here goes

The princess told Matthew (the kind cousin) that Elijah is missing ever since she went out to see Albert and Benjamin duel. It alerted Matthew and he got suspicious of his mother, even though he tried not to think negative of his mother, and Benjamin. He tried to track them, and remembered Benjamin's secret place - the villa that the mother bought under the name of her loyal aide, Jack (the one who always do the evil deeds for her)

By the time he arrived there, Benjamin has took Elijah away with horse to escape his mother because he said that the mother will definitely kill her, when of course, Benjamin wants to marry her, and as he said, there IS a way for him to marry her.

Which I think what he suggested was to force himself on Elijah (a.k.a rape :cry:) I can't.

5. lunafreya

lunafreya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! Just wondering if you also had any potential novel spoilers? Much appreciated :blob_pompom:

6. paintedViolas

paintedViolas Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i knew that louisa was gonna be trouble as soon as i saw her in the manga. aiish, why cant these characters ever be unpredictable. :sushi_dead:

Daisychangedhermind likes this.
  7. chax412

chax412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    first chapters be like =
    Elijah : oh Louisa's so nice finally a female friend !:aww:
    us readers : :blobspy::blobspy::blob_zipper_mouth:

NOW =
    Elijah : whyyy???:blobsob:
    us readers = *Taylor swift's 'I knew you were trouble' playing in our heads* Cuz I knew you were trouble when you walked in...

8. chax412

Reading List:
    Link
    So Albert has proposed to Elijah (Avery ? Apparently they changed the name , but whatever you get the point) and she takes some time to think about it. And as she was working at the mansion, a guest arrives to see Avery Ronbelt (the baron's daughter who accompanied Albert at last ball) and it's none other than Princess Violet ! Elijah / Avery doesn't have any dresses except the one Louisa gifted her so she dresses up fast and greets the princess. Violet thinks Albert has beaten up Elijah / Avery (as she has a mark on her cheek, due to Benjamin's slap) and to see he didn't appoint a Lady's maid to her, and that he didn't give her proper dresses either... She decides to 'kidnap' her and takes Elijah / Avery to her villa where she takes a bath and gets dressed in a magnificent night blue dress. There are other guests (high nobles ofc) including Matthew -- aka. her cousin, Benjamin's older brother yk -- and they talk. Everyone's shocked when Elijah / Avery admits she's taken an interest in economics (which doesn't fit a noble woman). At the end of the evening, Violet and Elijah / Avery have a talk and Violet tells her she must accustom herself to all this because as Albert's wife it'll literally be her 'duties'. She says Elijah / Avery shall not disappoint him as he's given up on everything in order to marry her - he could've married a high noble instead of a low baron's daughter, he could've had a large dowry and a family support that could've benefitted the earldom, etc... And that's when Elijah / Avery figures out that even though they might like each other, Albert gets nothing, no benefits out of this union. After that she gets sick (but like a small fever) and when Albert learns he runs to the princess' Villa. There, Elijah / Avery and him talk : she confesses that she likes him, but admits she cannot marry him. duh. Then she faints and princess violet finds her. END OF SEASON 1.

BTW/ S2 airs tomorrow on tapas.io. I personally read the raws + bato.to (bc tapas is not available in my country, or at least my fair footman isn't. 'Why are you doing this, duke ?' either.

9. Kaleidoscopeview

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately no, I don't understand korean at all and I can't stand MTL :ROFLMAO:

I read the manga from Kakao ID which is pretty far ahead from the English translation, and for certain manga if the Spanish translation is far ahead, I can read that too.

Anyways, chapter 75 is out, and same, the development is so slow. I'm getting annoyed now that I might put this manga on hold until Elijah get reunited with Albert

Matthew tried to find clue on where Benjamin's bringing Elijah. and the maid that Benjamin abused seems to know about it. Hence, Matthew needed to find doctor to help the maid.

Benjamin apparently brought Elijah to an empty house in the wood. But, Elijah, being a fighter she is, after they got down from the horse, Elijah was making excuse about feeling sick and tried to find a chance to escape. She did, and ran. Up until she fell down because she bumped into a stone (typical... I'm annoyed!). And Benjamin caught her, almost hit her again but thankfully he restrained himself, and told her that he has been very patient with her, and she should have just marry him because he is the only one who can help her from his mother who wants to kill her.
    When Elijah said that the grandpa (the Duke) can provide safety also, so she doesn't need to marry him. Benjamin laughed and told her that how come a dad who couldn't even keep his son safe (Elijah's dad) from his own daughter, can keep the granddaughter safe.

So.... DUN DUNNN!! ELIJAH IS SURPRISED THAT THE AUNTY KILLED HER DAD (A.K.A hew own brother)

Benjamin even told her that his mom killed the sibling of her husband to make the husband as the heir, and killed her brother to make her son the heir.

SICKKKK!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    MLisMyHubby, Ariary, pml24 and 12 others like this.
  10. poirot11

poirot11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaah, that's why in the previous chapters (around 40s), Benjamin got suspicious on why his father is the head of the family, since his father is the second son (like Benjamin)

11. Genuine_reader

Genuine_reader Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean she killed her brother ???

12. lunafreya

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically Elijah's dad is the original heir of the the dukedom since he is first born, but I guess crappy auntie and uncle (think auntie is the blood related) worked together to get rid of him and then after the uncle took over as the dukedom. I'm a bit confused as to who's blood related but I'm reasoning that uncle was 2nd son as well of his family - auntie worked to rid of him after marrying him, then after got "rid" of Elijah's dad to make her son (Matthew) the heir. Lmao I guess the biggest twist is that Matthew is their kid....he's so passive and nice :blobsweat:

RakaSarkar and Lilly1234 like this.
  13. chax412

Reading List:
    Link
    just read chapters 50 < 60 of the manhwas and here's what I got

Avery / Elijah (idk I'm too used to call her Elijah but they changed the name) 'dumped' Albert and rejected his proposal, saying she never considered him a potential suitor.

So : as yk, Elijah's caught the crown prince, christian's eye from the beginning of the story and now that she's staying at the princess' villa, the he often visits her. But he also visits Albert and he gives 'news' (like how they're doing, etc) about one to the other which makes me think of him as an homing pigeon haha. :blobsweat: He tells Elijah how Albert's not renouncing the duel even tho she denied his proposal, and how he's preparing so hard for it because he wants to win so bad, in order to honor his mother (who was insulted) and, of course, especially, her (awwww:blobokhand::cookie:) Elijah, on the other hand, feels bad bc she knows hunting, using a gun are not Albert's specialties whilst they are Mathhew's (his opponent)

14. chax412

Reading List:
    Link
    Elijah's staying at the princess' villa. She told Violet everything about her true identity, how she's been hiding as a man her whole life and how sorry she feels for lying to her this whole time. I think someone already spoiled that tho, but well better twice than none (sorry it sounded better in my native French, 'plutôt deux fois qu'une') ANYWAY/ The princess doesn't get mad at all, she feels even more interested and close to Elijah now as she revealed her true self. Violet says she now understands the true nature of Albert's love.

15. Kaleidoscopeview

Reading List:
    Link
    Elijah's dad (I'll call him Elijah senior, as his name is also Elijah) was the only son of the Duke. He was not the first born, the sister was (the crazy aunty). But because she was a woman, she can't inherit the Duke title. Elijah senior actually felt bad to his sister because all her life she felt that she couldn't get the rights just because she is a woman.

But then, Elijah senior begun to feel threatened by his sister, as there have been numerous "near death accidents", which the last one was when it killed the guard of Elijah senior, because Elijah senior gave him chocolate that was supposed to be for him. He realized that it must be murder attempts by his sister.
    So he ran from their house and seek help from Albert's dad (they were best friends).

--

The husband of the crazy aunty (the uncle), was the second son of his family. But as the crazy aunty is crazy about power, she murdered the first son, to make her husband the heir of the count title.

16. lunafreya

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice! Thanks for clarifying!

17. Genuine_reader

Genuine_reader Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok thanks for reply and spoiler

18. msgundamn00

msgundamn00 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AHHHH I hope nothing bad happens to Elijah like Benjamin's plan of raping her won't succeed and that Albert will save her on time. Please spoil me more

19. sarrieta90

sarrieta90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter does Elijah get slapped by the shitty cousin?

20. Sleepymiaow

Sleepymiaow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, so I'm curious, does Elijah senior is still alive (under Albert's father protection)? Or does the crazy aunt kill him?