Discussion Japan Sinking 2020 (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Ruyue, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started watching Japan Sinking: 2020 on neftlix and Im on episode 3. From what I've seen so far, I think the show is amazing. The main thing that stuck out to met was how realistic many of the aspects in the show are, such as nuclear power plants exploding changing radiation levels.

My main issue with this show was the voice acting for english words and some of the animation for vehicles were rusty.

Im on episode 10 and I'm wondering what is going on. The show turned from good to shit real fast (episode 3 was the last good episode in my opinion). They randomly put in a lot of scenes and events which are completely unnecessary. For example, the scene where the MC Ayuma almost gets raped and she is completely okay afterwards, no trauma, no nothing, legit doesn't give a shit about it at all. Also can explain why tf Ayuma doesn't get her injured ankle treated, I can't understand why. I dont think it has any significance.

The good elements which were originally pretty much, all disappeared. So there is a scientist who is introduced who first warned of japan sinking. Later he shows up again as a paralyzed man, and somehow he is able to foretell future earthquakes without any evidence or information at all, and just is like there will be earthquake right now. Also why don't they cut the fucking anchor instead of dividing for it.

The main redeeming of this show was some of the memes that may come out. Also the opening is pretty great.

My rating of this show is a 4.

So what did you think of this show? Do you agree with what I said, or am I just bullshitting like an annoying anime elitist?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    SquadCammander354 likes this.
  2. Vanagandr

Vanagandr [ Outer God ] [ Sleeping ]

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly The quality was all over the place animation wise. Some scenes you could tell they animated beforehand but leading up to it, it was rather poorly done. idk.. lost me after the first two episodes then I fast forwarded through the rest.

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  4. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah episode 7, they ripped out the spike from the Haruo's body. His face contorted in the weirdest way, meme quality worthy.

Screenshot_20200716-185638_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20200716-185655_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20200716-185644_Video Player.jpg

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  5. Vanagandr

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This too:blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink:

Vanagandr likes this.
  7. Vanagandr

Reading List:
    Link
    da hell did the lack resources or something? :blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink:

TheFluffyOne likes this.
  8. gakurei12

gakurei12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imo, it's just another rendition of that anime, forgot the title, which also showcased Japan in a massive earthquake dilemma. (the anime starred two siblings and the events of the people who helped them)

Some animation sequence tho, like those you pointed out, well maybe meme intentional? lol:cookie:

Donutmindme likes this.
  9. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that’s Tokyo Magitude 8.0! Made me cry because I have siblings myself and their journey..I really connected with the older sister as I’m one as well. I used to live in place close to hurricanes so I can understand a bout the fears of natural disasters.