Spoiler I’m Pregnant with the Villain’s Child

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Elv, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Mangafreakspark

Mangafreakspark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't agree more and that's why I prefer cultivation novels to modern CEO Chinese novels because all the CEO has to do is kidnap,drug, rape,abuse the Fl and the author still ends up putting them together. I think being raped and abused by neighbor,strangers or cold CEOs is a Chinese culture

2. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But in this novel the current timeline, what MC did was really borderline rape, because she forced herself onto ML. ML agreed after she forced herself onto him, but it doesn't excuse that she started the rape. In that same situation, since MC was not in her right mind when she initiated the rape, is ML also a rapist when he consented and continued? MC in the beginning is just as bad. The idea of consent isn't really part of Chinese consciousness except in terms of "ruining" someone. Because neither people in current timeline were ruined and agreed to be together, then it gets swept under the rug.

Just because ML vented his frustrations on original!MC doesn't exclude that the Original!MC may have consented to it in a terrible way (her duty to her husband).

I almost dropped this in the beginning because I was shocked that MC was the one who started the rape, but then I realized I was being a hypocrite. Both MC and ML take responsibility for that night. MC decides to hep ML and her son wholeheartedly instead of as a passerby, and ML who fell in love with her afterwards tries to treat her well and take care of her.

3. spchntrt

spchntrt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah dude, chill. Here in Asia, most households still use that kind of treatment to discipline children. But imo, it's never been overboard or unreasonable. Also, when our parents hit us, it doesn't mean they didn't love or care about us. I can say, the children who grew up with this, we can differentiate and understand the meaning of this treatment clearly. When I was little, I took my mother's money from her wallet without permission. When she knew about it, she reprimanded me and hit my hands with bamboo stick a couple times. It hurt at that time, but as I grew up, it didnt leave me with emotional scars whatsoever, because I knew I was wrong. This is a normal thing to do in my country. Lol. No grudges. Our parents never hit us out of nowhere or to vent out anger. There's always a justified reason. Beside, we also got rewarded when we did something good. It's just different culture. I'm East-SouthEast Asian btw.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  4. spchntrt

spchntrt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Here what I think: Since the MC here was under influence, she made a move on ML (for whatever reason, we don't know, it was never told). ML didn't have the power to stop her at that time, subsequently consented to it. It was almost rape, but it wasn't in the end because the ML was letting it happen. Also, lets be realistic here. If you got seduced by someone with attractive appearance when you have no power to avoid to the point it was inevitable to get aroused. Rather then getting blue balls, to just let it happen is more realistic. Beside they're already husband and wife at that time, albeit only in name. So... there's no rapist here in the current timeline. Anyway, this is why you should never drink more that your body could afford, cause anything can happen.

5. LitaJ

LitaJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know in which chapter the agreement between the MC and ML is explained? I keep seeing references to it in the translation and the MTL and can't seem to find them signing any piece of paper as mentioned

6. Gottago

Gottago Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is the treatment of the real younger sister and the MC so different in the Lu family?

7. araarq

araarq Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean when they swapped? Is so, it’s because the Lu family liked MC, and even if the sister acted exactly like MC, she couldn’t perfectly match her. Even though the family didn’t know about the swapping till the wedding, they had a hunch due to MC and her sister feeling different.

8. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    No that's not what I meant. I was talking about the real Ye Zhen before the transmigration.

9. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're talking about the original Ye Zhen in the story. Its because she fooled around with the villain's half brother. If I recall correctly while the villain was in a coma, she flirted with the villain's half brother Lu Beifan. In the original story, she was resentful to have married a comatose patient and she was vulnerable to Lu Beifan's amorous flirtation that she flirted with him. In the current story, she rejected the half brother and the family kicked him out.

10. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    But then that doesn't make sense either since the noel Ye Zhen was described as timid. Why would someone who was timid suddenly become brave enough to have an affair? Had she been that brave she would have just told Lin Zhan the truth about her being the one who really looked after his mother and etc.

11. araarq

araarq Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it’s because she still has feelings for Lin Zhan?

12. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She was very timid when she first entered the Lu household. But according to the book she changed and grew bitter because her sister ran off with her crush despite the many sacrifices she did for him and she thought she got the short end of the stick. The novel stated she was very vulnerable at that time so she succumbed to the flirtations of the half brother but it ended when the villain "woke up" from his coma.
    I don't think it was serious anyway. It was more like a fling. It was implied he got rid of the half brother and she got pregnant with the villain's son later on.
    If you think about it despite not marrying her first love, she lived a life of luxury with Lu Beichuan.

13. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    Who invested in the Ye father's company/project?

14. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    Li zhuan

15. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Where does he got money?

16. Kittsune

Reading List:
    Link
    Been a long while since I mtled it but I believe he got involved with upstart business he made himself which allowed him to earn the money.

chamchaworld likes this.
  17. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's Li Zhuan?

18. Kittsune

Reading List:
    Link
    I might of spelled it wrong but he is the OG ML for the OG FL in the orginal story novel. Our MC is the OG FL's sister. Lu Beichuan our ML is the OG Villain.

19. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's Wu Yan Zhu?

20. aiyaohyo

aiyaohyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How does Shen Weiyin get dealt with?