Help me

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ram5, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the kittens in my house doesn't want to eat anything and keep leaking out tears from its eyes, what should I do?

hum, and it also my favorite kitten T-T

2. sleepingdepression

sleepingdepression Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no knowledge on cats or kittens but I hope you are able to fix it.

3. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    Try turning it off and on

4. emiliers

emiliers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Call your local vet and ask for either (1) advice or (2) an appointment.

imK and SquadCammander354 like this.
  5. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1591682798131.jpg
    Your kitten was watching Clannad while you were away

6. RRat

RRat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    what did you give to eat? the same thing or do you change it occasionaly?wet food or dry one? did you bring it to the vet?

8. kgggdkp2012

kgggdkp2012 Void ReapeR(8th grade syndrome patient)

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe sick. try for online consultation from vet?

9. kagome6609

kagome6609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do the eyes look any different now than they did before?

10. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it like a newborn kitten or a "kitten" ie one that can run around and eat actual cat food?

11. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it doesn't want to eat anything since yesterday, though I don't know the precise timing it started to behave that way, I gave it usual food, last time was sardine though, no, I haven't brought it to vet yet.

12. kittycoroner

kittycoroner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How old is the cat? Are the others experiencing any symptoms as well? You say it was crying but for how long and what is the intensity. Have you felt her nose as well? Does she feel abnormal temperature wise to the touch? Was the sardine people food or strictly for a cat, people food can have a different salt content that makes a cat especially a young one sick? Have you seen any puke in the small corners?

Also check her stomach she might be having a hard time digesting things. You can lightly massage it to see if her stomach seems distended and also help her digest whatever else is in her stomach. All baby animals are more prone to digestion issues then adults

Apologies for all the questions but I can't help unless I know more.

imK, asriu and ongoingwhy like this.
  13. lie-chiii

lie-chiii Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww thats was just so sad :(

From what I had searched, it says that when a cat lost its appetite, its a sign that they may be feeling discomfort and sick. Sometimes watery discharge means that your cat’s eyes are in full fight mode against a threat to health.

Maybe you can try offering other food to attract its appetite somewhat? Here is a link about some tips I saw to attract a cat to eat (haven't tried this yet since my cat doesn't get sick yet):
    https://www.preventivevet.com/cats/my-cat-wont-eat-how-to-stimulate-your-cats-appetite

Not eating may indicate emotional upset or disturbance – but if it lasts more than 24 hours you are advised to see a vet. Hope your cat gets better~

14. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Sardine as in the whole fish? When was the last time it pooped or peeded? How was the poop? Ex normal, hard (it will look like peletes) or soft(will look like liquid) ? Also if you can check the temperature( through the butt). Also if you can't get it to eat it's regular food try turkey baby food.

imK likes this.
  15. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    The cat is a few months old, the other cat also leaking out tears but it still eating normally, how long... yesterday its also crying, it didn't look particularly weak or anything, it bounced around when it thought I bring food, then it sniffs the food but walks away afterward, nothing strange with its nose and the temperature was neither hot nor cold, it is a sardine that human also ate, I don't find any puke in my house, I don't know about at the outside thought, nothing wrong either with its stomach.

16. kittycoroner

Reading List:
    Link
    It might be having a hard time digesting the sardine. Also was it canned or fresh sardine? This can impact how well the cat can digest it. Since human food tends to be salted and the above person stated the cat might have trouble with things like scales if it's whole. Also what kind of cat food do you give it? Some cat food is made for different ages or has a different quality standard to it. It might hurt the kitten if it doesn't have the proper kind of food. Did you massage its tummy and feel anything wrong or hard?

imK likes this.
  17. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    canned sardine, it's the third time I had given it these few months, the two times before never seemed to have any problem, I never gave it specific cat food, I just gave it what human usually ate like chicken and fish, one time a meatball, I also gave it mineral water. I did massage its tummy, but I didn't feel anything wrong...

18. kittycoroner

Reading List:
    Link
    That's bad. Cats especially kittens can't handle human levels of salt. It might have had too much at this point. Try to get it to drink some water and please see your vet. Also be careful about the meatball. They often contain garlic and that can kill your cat at any stage of life

imK and nyamachi like this.
  19. Number One Dumpling

Number One Dumpling 『Mrs. Bread's』『hibernating』

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw this on the internet:

"Instead of relying on people food, try encouraging your cat to eat commercial canned food. You may find that heating the food or mixing in fish oil, broth, or cooked egg could entice your picky cat to eat. If your cat still won’t eat, take the food away and provide fresh food later in the day."

"If your cat has been eating human food exclusively, be sure to transition your pet over several weeks by mixing together your pet’s favorite people food with cat food."

"something as simple as a toothache can make your cat stop eating."

I hope this helps. But it's still better to see your vet to know what's exactly wrong with your cat.

imK likes this.
  20. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I like to bring it to a vet, but the cat doesn't want me to hold it, it scratched me all over....

The cat is not really mine, I just help take care of it since the mother brought it in front me few months ago.