Discussion Shocking news (humanity at brink of extinction!)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zeusomega, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Msuuuuuu

Msuuuuuu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Humanity is at the brink of extinction? No, white people are at the brink of extinction. Other races have a group of people that would procreate.

2. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    You are being awfully confident in humanity's sanity...

There's many things that could deviate from society ever coming back up...

Is superman counted? Then I lose

If it's locally controlled then there's nothing to talk about is there?...

It just means it was within our capabilities from get go.. which just makes it not a calamity.

3. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't need to be sane to procreate.
    I think we'll stick to Earth like roaches at this point and that it'll take a lot to wipe us out. I think the asteroid would either have to destroy the planet for the most part or set off a bunch of volcanoes and nuclear plants.
    It wouldn't really be considered locally controlled if the reason it's not spreading everywhere is because there's no international travel. The point was that it's pretty much within our capabilities to stop most diseases like this. The ball was just dropped in this pandemic. It could have been kept in China. They covered it up when initial reports of it started spreading and it got out of control.

4. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    At that point procreating isn't the solution,
    Even now people are struggling to feed kids, imagine at that dire times....

The ball dropped way before my friend, ebola, zeka, many others before...

Isn't the scenario right now an example?.. if it could be mishandled now, whats the guarantee it never will again?..

This (low birth rate) isn't about prevention of pandemic, but about it's lethality to the population. ( When the existing population has more importance, losing them is bigger a loss)

5. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is you're trying to stretch it over a couple hundred years. "Dire times" will not last indefinitely. You could lose tons of people during it but immediately afterwards people would start having kids.
    Like 11 people got Ebola in the US. The ball wasn't really dropped. Zika is transmitted by mosquito bite so that's a lot harder to lock down but still it didn't spread everywhere unchecked.

Even if it is mishandled a lot of people would have to actively try to get sick for it to actually threaten to wipe us out. Deadly pandemics are largely self correcting as they tend to wipe out the people who have them. If they don't then they likely don't have the ability to wipe us out. Like I said if the disease is as deadly as the black plague or Spanish flu then people would likely stock up and self isolate to wait out the storm before the government mandates it. The economy goes bad? Nobody cares at that point.

That importance to the population is shallow. When you have 10 million young people nobody is really that important. Are people growing and delivering food? Yes. Basic laws? Yes. Then everything else will fall into place.

6. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh, as a female, I say f this. I don't want to bring a child into this Earth just to struggle to survive in the future. Let nature do its thing.

7. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this is turning Into a optimistic vs pessimistic... So I'll just stop and say agree to disagree

Let's just hope this is inconsequential

Vincent1873 likes this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    buahahaha!
    this cat is da one who laugh~
    as health, economy and education grow this cat believe human on earth will reach bottleneck for birthrate~ who knows maybe 2, 3, 4 or 1~
    why couple/marriage people not wanna or wanna have child?
    each country and place will have various reason~
    this is not simple matter~ china and India try to brake da birthrate, Japan try bost da birthrate~ reason? internal affair~ again each country have different problem which unless you put your paw deep on muddy swamp you can't get da true reason~

fix ya country internal affair for true solution~
    health, education and economy~ at least those 3~
    have too much or too little population on certain area can bring disaster~ not to mention age group, concentration? density? forget da term~