LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Alda really have a screening process though? He chose Bellwood, and all the pillar Gods are unfortunately "sleeping" right now, giving them a bit of a labor shortage...

Paps likes this.
  2. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so this was his grand plan lol? this was going to be enough to defeat Van? i guess to be fair hes a god that only really cares about fighting but come on surely he has to have some hidden plan still up his sleeves. unless he just fully believed in a 1v1 fight of him vs Van he could win. in which case it doesnt really matter what his plans are cause their based off of a flawed line of thinking

anon and Reio like this.
  3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the "if you shoot at the Hero's family from enough different angles, the Hero will die trying to catch all the bullets" plan. It's definitely not a 1v1 since he's got Bobby and a whole squad of "incarnated" Heroic Spirits heading towards Van, alongside him.

Reio and tkato like this.
  4. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the whole point is that he's a psychopath craving life and death battles. The chapter states two things that explain his actions 1) Van will only get stronger as time goes on (so he has to attack now) and 2) Fitun has avoided getting information from Alda about Van's powers.

Fitun is going into this fight half-blind, knowing there is a good chance of death, and he loves that fact.

Fitun is not suited to be a god, all he likes about godhood is the power it brings. But being a god means he cannot die. Alda could seal him away, yet this isn't something that gets his blood pumping. So he goes after the only one who can threaten him, the Demon King.

anon, Reio, Gin_Hindew and 1 other person like this.
  5. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i meant in his head if he was able to get van into a 1v1 situation he thinks he could win, not the actual fight itself being 1v1. just when hes going over it in his head if he thinks he could win if he had to alone.
    and thats ironic because in a way he seems to understand Van and what hes capable of the best considering what hes been able to guess so far. maybe the fact he is so ungodlike compared to the other gods and that perspective is whats allowed him to judge Van the most accurately (at least that i can remember) so far. but i mean even then he underestimated van lol.

6. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the previous chapter it became clear that Fitun and his followers are complete battle junkies. They aren't suited to fight Van's prepared forces and now they will be annihilated in short order. Although Murakami's group or somebody else could try to butt in for a surprise moment.

anon likes this.
  7. Shadow Wanderer

Shadow Wanderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess is close to CountryMage's, I would like to add that Alda's selection is probably biased on what he consider fundamentaly unforgivable acts.
    If you live your life as a warrior/mage/whatever, getting stronger and famous following the acknowledged standards, as long as you don't interfere with the world in a way that disagrees with his 'order' then you are ok, and if while you do it you end up killing some of his enemies its a plus.
    But if you accept/help/join Vida races or Evil gods then you're are out (like Schneider and Randolph)... unless you are Heinz anc co, in which case you are only 'temporarily mistaken'.

Now that was a nice end, an inviting gesture and a legion coming out of his shadow made me remember Solo Leveling MC's 'rise' act :LOL:
    I can picture the whole scene the way the manhwa pictured it, such hype!!! That's a cliff worth hanging, praise the author!

Eddy andres likes this.
  8. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that a psychopath without empathy is the closest to understanding the functioning of Van's mind leaves much to be said, and that Van is the opposite

9. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, a lot of Van's enemies assume he is an empathyless psychopath. For some reason, it taking a true psychopath (that's aware they're a psychopath) to see that Van is a good person just makes sense.

Alda, Asagi, and the others have their hubris blocking them from seeing Van as anything but a monster. After all, if Van is a good person and the Undead could truly co-exist with the living then their whole self-righteous spiel goes right out the window.

Though Alda, Asagi, and Bellwood have the advantage(?) of not listening to any opinion that goes counter to their own thoughts. I mean, Asagi meets Van, gives him an absurd proposition, then is all like "He's not as bad as I thought... We must seal off his power! Only then will he see the error of his ways!!" :blobReach::blobconfounded::notlikeblob:

anon, Reio and Shadow Wanderer like this.
  10. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Biggest alignment crime in D&D is believing that Chaotic = Stupid. Best example of this being wrong I can give is always Heath Ledger as the Joker. He was pure Chaotic Evil for alignment. And his talk with Harvey Dent is the one I always land on too. “Heads you live. Tails you die. ‘Oooh I like where this is going.’” Yes Joker’s death would have fouled up the dozens of plans that he had in motion. But he didn’t care because he achieved one of his end goals. Corrupting that which is incorruptible. Bringing low one who is above reproach. Spreading Chaos through an emissary of Order. He wasn’t dumb to gamble his life. He was insane, yes but he was also clever.

Our current psychopath Fitun is little different. He’s observed and taken a mostly unbiased view of his foe. He’s been honest with his opinions about his foe. And he doesn’t care if he can win or not. He just wants to force his foe to provide him with undivided attention. To that end he’s willing to do anything. Including cross the line into evil. Cause if he wins it wasn’t evil. It was necessary. If he loses he’s either dead, and his allies have even more reason to hunt his former foe. Or he’s imprisoned for eternity with Alda’s punishment spikes. Either way he gets to have his fun first.

anon and Reio like this.
  11. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you mean Lawful, looks at way to many Paladin players....The roblem with D&D alignments are that they are a range and most people only see the 1 template.

12. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonderfull latest chapter, wondering what will van bring out of his shadow!!!!!!!!! Fitun will have the figth he has been craving for it seems.

13. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is the best at making shadow puppets.

But instead of puppets it's godlike monstrosities and near demigods

Paps likes this.
  14. Katsurandom

Katsurandom [The One That Does Nothing][Villager C]

Reading List:
    Link
    One vote alda being chaotic lawfull, and fitun being lawful evil

Paps likes this.
  15. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Fitun is more chaotic neutral.
    He does whatever he wants in chaotic ways

Paps likes this.
  16. secretish

secretish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fairly sure Fitun would be neutral evil with this chapter. He was willing to go along with the gods for so long, so he'd probably not be chaotic, yet he betrayed them just to get fun fight with Van, so not lawful. The whole mind-controlling people and attacking an innocent town to lure out Van's followers definitely makes him closer to evil than true neutral, so neutral evil fits him really well.

Reio and Paps like this.
  17. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Futin's actions are Neutral Evil possibly Chaotic evil (it can obey the rules, when it recognizes someone are stronger and enforcing them)

Alda is Lawful Evil corrupted from Lawful neutral, and thinks he is Lawful good.

Chuuni001, Reio and Paps like this.
  18. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobdevil: Unpopular Idea ALERT! :blobdevil:

I don't think Alda is Lawful Evil, but Lawful Neutral (maybe Lawful Good before Bellwood). He may be an antagonist, but his actions are for the good of the world. If Alda's plans came to fruition, the world would be on the right track to recovery. The issue is how long that would take...

Objectively, Alda's plans will work. However, due to being influenced by the Lawful Evil Bellwood, Alda can no longer see that his plan is not the best option. I feel that once Bellwood is resurrected, we will see Alda's corruption to Lawful Evil continue.

19. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Except his actions are not for the good of the world, they are to create the world he wants.
    His plans are stagnation, not recovery. they have been on rack for 100 milenia and the world is worse off then when he started. Recovery requires growth, and Alda does not want growth because that is change.
    There is evidence that Alda was beyound stubborn before the invasion, Bellwood did not change that. Alda could never tell when his plan was not the best option, it to multiple gods to keep him in line and he knows he was not always right.
    Unfortunately, not even the other greater gods coming out against him is enough any more, and he is willing to force them to his bidding.
    One god is awake and pretending to still be asleep because of this
    Remember, Alda is technically a criminal who usurped power for his own goals. He had 0 valid justification for attacking Vida and stealing her ruler ship over the Life element. He is also stealing faith from his siblings sabotaging their recovery.

Also Lawful Neutral does not say "kill anyone who disagrees with me" which is part of Alda's teachings. There is just to much he has done for him to not be Evil.
    Bellwood is actually much close to Lawful good, if anything he was a misguided Lawful Stupid Paladin archetype who misinterpreted things to mean he was on the right path.
    EVoSC's ability is to force people to feel their sins, or as it became in Lambda force them to feel the suffering of their victims.
    Encountering this open Bellwood's eyes and made him realize he has just been making things worse
    Bellwood disappeared because he realized he keeps screwing up, and is afraid of making things worse then they are so he just sits there and does nothing.

Ophious, xshugox, Paps and 1 other person like this.
  20. Reio

Reio 【Random】

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he does have a plan? Or some trump card? Their goal is Van, as he's the only one who could harm them and destroy their souls as heroic gods. Similar to a suicidal attack? (though they are immortal as gods).
    The monsters are only a distraction and to isolate Van. But the whole plan will flunk cuz not even Alda has full grasp of Van's strength and he's constantly getting stronger.