Discussion why doesn't BL novels ever consider test tube babies?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Kumo723, Jul 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    so ive been wondering why BL novels never use test tube babies or surrogate even tho its such an obivous thing. the only time ive seen it is from "Wolfish Silk Pant Bottom"

imK and Fran.2424 like this.
  2. .Lance

.Lance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No idea, it just seems like a lot of novels have mpreg and its weird that thats not a thing

imK likes this.
  3. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    Fujo's have weird fetishes; what's new

imK, yilingwave, Fulminata and 8 others like this.
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    so test tube huh~ which women will be da donor? which one from two give da sperm?
    surrogate mother huh~
    that heavy stuff ya know~
    dunno how it view on eastern asia~ maybe it still heavy subject~

5. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The surrogate mother is a big decision.

First, from a security perspective the ML and MC would need to work through a lawyer and never let the woman know who she's carrying for. This would reduce many plot points they'd not want.

Second, from a genetic perspective the woman doing the carrying affects the fertilized embryo (assuming they chose another woman's eggs due to better genetics). In some studies, it's even more so than the eggs originally used: the food going in and the fluids nourishing the egg(s) washing the changing egg with their own genetics. So, they'd want to do some intensive background research and monitor them during pregnancy.

Which brings us back to point one: security.

From an author's perspective, there's quite a lot of potential plots that can happen even if you're just paying attention to the "oopsies" that are related to the above two points. So, I can only imagine they don't include it because their target audience want to read about mpreg instead of decent plots to fill out word-count.

Chuki Yuuki likes this.
  6. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, how dare you desecrate the holy land of BL with the presence of a woman?? You think hearing about any either of the mcs (uke or seme) mixing his sperm with another woman's ovum is sexy or cute?! Hell no! That's why we created ABOs so that men can have babies themselves.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    Kaparin, Japorea, imK and 7 others like this.
  7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Buttbabies are just more fun. :blobpeek:

imK and TokioftheBel like this.
  8. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean the baby come out from the butt? from the back door?? what if the baby mixed with scat???

.Lance likes this.
  9. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause the seme are normally way to possessive to share the uke with anyone including uke's and seme children and they both hate the idea of a women dna mixing with their own

Japorea, imK, Chuki Yuuki and 2 others like this.
  10. Lazy Bookworm

Lazy Bookworm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking as a mother, I can promise you that vaginal births are pretty gross too.

11. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never seen a birth but I've heard that women often defecate during the birthing process, soooo...

Japorea, imK, AmethystCherry and 2 others like this.
  12. IndusEla

IndusEla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More than anything, the MLs are either super possessive or yandere in CN novels and they really don't want to "share" the MC and don't want a woman to 'come between them' although it isn't anything serious, just a freaking baby artificially introduced. It's stupid and doesn't make sense, but well, we can't go and explain this to the writers.

TokioftheBel likes this.
  13. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    so. . . .if a ML underwent an operation in which replaces his male.organ with female look alike. . .
    will the story still be a BL?

14. Milin

Milin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it depends on the couple, I've read novels that adopted children and formed a really happy family, others didn't want someone to interfere with the relationship and others tried test tube babies to continue the family, can't say they are right or wrong, just choices.

15. Fran.2424

Fran.2424 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see more of that for example I read one which the mc transmigrated in a otome game and gets together with the prince, the heroine (also transmigrated) end up as friends with the mc and they talk about surrogate a baby for the prince.

Deleted member 125960 likes this.
  16. cosmicimmortal

cosmicimmortal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And some BLs are like interstellar, and if it's not ABO, they have some futuristic fertility technology that allows 2 men to have children that have both their genes. That's a pretty decent world building way of having children, without mpreg, since that's a very controversial topic

17. cosmicimmortal

cosmicimmortal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most I've read just do c sections, tho that does beg the question of how the guy got impregnated from the butt, but we don't ask, we enjoy

Deleted member 125960 likes this.
  18. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    because children are in the way the open truth of humanity is that children are human road road blocks.

19. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    It has though? It's come up in several BL novels I've read and there were kids made through test tubes. Or they could be adopted or something. Yeah, it's not common, but there have been kids through test tubes in bl.

20. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Er... DNA isn't washing detergent lol. DNA won't change just because you are in contact with someone, otherwise there is going to be something in the "you get pregnant if you hold hands" jokes. What is more likely is that the morphogenic gradients (i.e the chemicals signaling cell development and differentiation) are affecting the foetus. Which is a lot different from saying that the baby gets a genetic wash and ends up being mutated by food DNA (which is what a mutation is, a change in DNA). Morphogens are not DNA, they help signal gene expression, but they are not DNA any more than a traffic light is a car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.