LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone remember what were Jihu's three goals when he came to Eva?

My mind keeps thinking Eat, Drink and Enjoy...which is totally wrong.

I think Jihu should help her in that area cause it might hinder her growth. You know, the thing about cultivation where baggages won't let you grow.

We saw a few dozen chapters back then that she isn't fully healed of it and that I think is what she needs to solve more.

2. Blackout6661

Blackout6661 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His 3 missions were
    1.clean up the "filth" in eva
    2. Make better relations with the federation
    3. If i remember it was to make paradise an actual paradis or to clean up paradis by helping humanity win.
    Been so long i actually forgot

3. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Phi Sora has been my favorite character in terms of how well shes written. i feel like we've seen the most depth from her and the way it went from her being a character we dont like to now being one of the most likable characters has been written in such a good way. i hope if/when we learn about Baek and Yuhui's backstories it can match Phi Sora's to an extent

4. Linnette

Linnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Flashback to chapter 243:
    “I want to raise, support, and protect Earthlings who are sincerely striving to make Paradise a better place. I’m making an organization because I can’t do that alone.”

“I will clean up Eva’s deeply-rooted evils and extend a hand of apology to the Federation. Then, I will formally become their ally.”

"I’ll turn Eva into a fortress city. Just like you did.”

5. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually do remember the first two...just unsure of the last one.

1. Make a lead organization and become its' King.
    https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/the-second-coming-of-gluttony/scog-chapter-224
    2. Repair the relations between Humanity and the Federation. (cleaning the filth still falls under this one)
    https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/the-second-coming-of-gluttony/scog-chapter-234

One of what I think the last one is... helping Seo Yuhui recover. Remember that she was weakened due to the Valley War, which happened before Jihu decided to move to Eva.

Reason for me thinking that this is the third goal is because of this line from Chapter 224 when Jihu was talking to Teresa.

Jihu was thinking back then that they need all of the Executors to win. So it is important to help Seo Yuhui recuperate.

The other probable reason I could think of is...related to the 'mudslinging' incident.
    Basically routing all the traitors to Humanity.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  6. Linnette

Linnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God it really is turning political. I'm expecting another purge, but I think it'll take more than just a few chapters. Probably a whole arc will be needed.

7. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So we now have confirmation that Baek and Yuhui know each other on Earth and communicate with each other. I still say Yuhui is Seonhwa's younger sister.

8. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That theory doesn't make much sense. Remember that only Jihu knows that Yuhui is only putting an act. If Yuhui was Seonhwa's younger sister, Baek should have been the most worried about Yuhui's health since she is her only family left. But after the war happened she was more worried whether Yuhui gave Jihu a love letter and even had spare time to eat Jihu's ramen.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  9. CockyBrat

CockyBrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just for some clarifictaions.
    Where is 'Extreme' ranked in the System. In the beginning we saw some things on the rank of Low(Extreme).

What is the scheme bewteen Seol and the priest again? Or does it really just suck to be a priest? She is the one that always runs out first and gets a backlash that never ends.

And didn't he want to use the divine elixier when he gets to High(Low)? It wouldn't make too much sense now to try to level his stats up to Pinnacle(Low) by himself seeing how long he needed to raise his stats only to High (Low) in the Path of Soul. I think it was 7 years. And he also has to get accustomed to the new strenght and learn to control it and all this before the Parasites attack.
    Wasn't he almost as strong as Twisted Kindness without her divinity and already a lot stronger than Baek Haeju at the end of their fight. He should now wish the floor with the army commanders and be able to somehow deal with their divinity. If he takes the elixiers now he is probably stronger than them even with their divinity.
    Quite contradictory to the claim that Jang Maldong and the others always made that he is addicted to putting himself deliberately at danger because it was too much fun for him to be almost killed. What a change of mind.
    We had the confirmation from the first time she called her to help in the valley war and I also think that's a far fetched theory.

10. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    were about 100 chapters away from the end though so i bet it'll be super short. it might even evolve from a purge to the final fight with the parasite queen depending on how the author wants to write it tbh

11. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Extreme is most likely an early version of Pinnacle and the translator or the author changed it midway. For me they are both equivalent terms, so I think that’s what happened.

The scheme was to Yuhui feign weakness to lure out the traitors and deal with them once and for all. She can use Moira’s Souvenir at any time she wants and get back to top shape, so it is all an act.

If I’m not remembering wrong, Seol wanted to use all Elixirs at once, otherwise his stats would be too unbalanced, so he will have to get his Endurance to High(Low) before bumping everything to Highest (Low). I guess his mana being High(High) is okay because it is close enough to Highest(Low) and it will probably increase when Righteous Heart becomes a fully-fledged Mana Technique.

He wasn’t nearly as strong as Twisted Kindness or Baek, Arcus giving him 3 Authorities during the fight just caught TK off-guard and was enough for his teamwork with Baek to turn more effective, that’s all. Had TK taken the fight seriously from the get go they would have all died. But yes, after this training arc, even without the Elixirs, he should be able to take on any Parasite Commander that isn’t using divinity. When he turns into a Executor and gets divinity himself he should be able to solo them 1v1.

I don’t see that claim as a contradiction. He was indeed forced to act by the Parasites (since for him giving up Paradise was never an option), but the way he acted was the problem, not the fact he took action. There is a big difference there.

We still have a ton of side-chapters that act kind like an epilogue (60-ish I think), so it won’t end for real so soon. Also keep in mind 100 chapters is a lot. 100 chapters ago Valhalla had just taken over Eva and in terms of the novel it is more than 1/5 of the total length (side chapters not included).

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    CockyBrat likes this.
  12. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    side chapters are post novel stuff usually and where i expect most of the romance and relationship stuff will be wrapped up after the big fight in paradise. in terms of paradise and the actual fight vs the parasite queen, theres about 100 chapters left for that arc and whatever else the author wants to put in. but after that we have 60 chapters of post PQ for all the good stuff

13. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aside from the purge and the final battle against the Parasites, I don't think there is much left, aside from a few answers about RM Jihu's past, why Yuhui cares so much about Jihu and the reveal about Baek being Seonhwa.

14. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the main things are the full resolve of paradise and its issues (so bad earthlings and parasites taken care of), Yuhui and Baek backstory info, and his relationship with his family. we still could also maybe see a conflict on earth depending on if he actually tries to purge paradise of all the bad earthlings but i dont think that would count as a main thing to resolve. his relationship with his family is the one i think doesnt get fully resolved though until side chapters and years later since its a slowly fix over time thing. but we could see his sister and dad acknowledge him before the end, maybe if he visits earth one last time before the final battle

15. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, that's basically what I said. Not sure if you are agreeing or you didn't fully read what I wrote.

16. Blackout6661

Blackout6661 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels epilogue says its 489 then from 490-549 are side story's that says "abduction". Says it on http://www.joara.com/premium_new/book_intro.html?book_code=1181045&refer_type= these are raw's with the titles. This tells you how long each "arc" is. Im guessing each title would be a new arc if anything since its a title with a (number). Im guessing in the "abduction"section of the novel we might see the reconciliation with family but i think it will be at the end of main story along with the story's about Baek and Yuhui.

About the divine stigmas he was going to use them early on but Jang told him to use them at pinnacle since that would be the most useful for him. yuhui already knows whats after pinnacle when she went to level 8. He may use them after he becomes and apostle since that might level up his current stats plus he still has his skill points to use. Blacky said to use them on some skills but i don't think he used them all so he should still have a good amount left from becoming level 7 so he can just use those to get to pinnacle then use the divine stigmata's then. His current stats from the wiki says:
    • Strength: High (Low)
    • Endurance: Intermediate (High)
    • Agility: High (Low)
    • Stamina: High (Low)
    • Mana: High (High)
    • Luck: Intermediate (Intermediate)
    • Remaining Ability Points: 19
    Since these are his status as of now he would need 6 points for pinnacle for strength, agility, stamina. 1 point for mana. and 4 for endurance and 5 for luck witch would be 16 total to be used to get to pinnacle for everything leaving 3 left. Since the divine stigmata's raise 1 full level all he really needs is pinnacle (low) to go whats beyond pinnacle.

17. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    Mans still hasn't told anyone he got appointed as Gulas Executor!

18. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh my bad, i got a little confused by your wording.

19. Deleted member 164538

Deleted member 164538 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait a few days. Also he's a candidate (for now, he still has to finish that trial). Plus no one knew Cinzia was the Star of Sloth until the Arden Valley War.
    I think it scales differently for moving to the next stage. I think to move up from High(High) for any stat to Pinnacle(Low) would scale up depending on the tier, which in this case would be 4. I ran it against when he moved his Mana from Intermediate(High) to High(High) which cost him 9 points. [Source is Ch 175]

So if we break it down where it takes 3 point to move a stat from Intermediate(High) to High(Lowest) [1 stage] and 1 point to move it to High(Low), 2 points to High(Intermediate), and 3 points to High(High) for a total of 9 points. There was a Low(Extreme) [His endurance] in the beginning, but I believe it depends on how its raised which is why he skips from (xxx)(Lowest) to (xxx)(Low) because he trains instead of using points.

Otherwise, I feel the stats for a lot of people should be a lot higher if to move everything was 1 point.
    Like a Level 5 warrior for example (With 10 points he didn't spend and minimum of Intermediate(Low) strength) would have was better stats. Phi Sora was the disciple of Jang Maldong so she wouldn't recklessly spend all her points until she hit a wall and one of the strongest Level 5 High Rankers, yet none of her stats every reached High(Low). Jang's training almost guarantees a minimum of Intermediate(Low) in all physical stats if you could endure his training and if she used 10 points with a 1 point conversion focusing on her Strength, Endurance, and Stamina (the most important stats for a warrior imo), all of those Stats should be High(Low) at the least. Or the guys who treat it as a game, and all those High Ranking Magicians can give 0 shit about physical stats and pour their stats into mana. I remember there was a priest who was proud of having Intermediate(Low) Mana [Lol!].

I'm mainly putting this out there not to argue, but because it would be such a bs powerup if it cost Seol a whopping 9 points to move from Intermediate(High) to High(High) and author just happens to forget that, then lets him get High(High) in Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Endurance for 10 points starting from High(Low) for everything apart from Intermediate(High) of Endurance. And Still have 9 points remaining!

20. CockyBrat

CockyBrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I think he needs 4 points to rank up once in the high level and 5 points in the high level. So it should cost 13 points to get 1 stat from High(Low) to pinnacle(Low).
    Are there any other uses for Ability Points? He can learn new skills using Contribution points.
    And Is it possible to raise your Mana and luck stat? Because they never ranked up except for mana in the valley war with ability points even when he did a lot of mana training.

And I do think that he was already a lot stronger than Baek Haeju after gaining the 3 authorities. His fight with TK was not just one surprise attack she wanted to kill him and they fought for some time with her not being able to wound him. She was even getting scared.
    And he was the only one who could somehow fight with the human commander. If you look back he clashed with him a bit but all the other ones including Baek Haeju could be happy if they could react to a single strike of the Commander. She was basicly helpless and could only support him from afar.