Question Should I read Reverend Insanity?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Eskapisti, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Imperiestro

Imperiestro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's full of emotions, he just doesn't show them

Eskapisti likes this.
  2. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah. Before I dropped this novel its story looked unnecessary cruel and mad. And it's not only about MC but all world itself. Every character there is evil and wants to kill others given a chance and a slight reason. It became so unrealistic that it was impossible to read any more.

Eskapisti likes this.
  3. Tanhalevi

Tanhalevi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll find it is a novel with a strong group of loyal readers, so they will, without a doubt, suggest you read it.

I tried it and have been stuck at chapter 200 (end of the First book) for around a year, unwilling to go back to reading reading it.

It's not all that bad, but ... The last maybe 30 chapters of those 200 are, however, pretty boring.
    I have heard it is one of the weaker parts of the entire novel, though.

What bothered me a bit is that the author seemed to be looking to be as edgy as he could as often as possible.
    In the first book, completely out of nowhere, he
    makes a bear eat a girl or something like that to obtain a powerup

One of the things I hated is the fact that the reader never knows what the main character is able to do.

Like, a good novel gives you all the pieces to make your own predictions of the future.
    A mediocre novel tells you something will be useful and makes the mc find it the next chapter.
    This one just tells you the mc does something and you are like "...ok?".
    This would not bother me if the narrator wasn't omniscient in the rest of the novel.

The writing and the translation, that I remember, were, still, pretty good.

My memory, still, might be faulty.

Eskapisti likes this.
  4. Imperiestro

Imperiestro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm at chapter 2012 and he experiences a lot of development, specially when

Dreams realms come and Paradise Earth inheritor tries to capture him.

SamStrike likes this.
  5. Eskapisti

Eskapisti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. This is something I actually started reading at one point but dropped it too early because I didn't really feel like reading a novel in modern setting at the tíme. I got to the point where the MC had somehow learned how to do make up from the memories of some mortician(?). I felt kinda weird about the phone app and it's supernatural abilities. Will there be some reasonable explanation later on? Definitely going give this another chance. I just hope that there is some bigger plot than just leveling up his haunted house.:D

6. Eskapisti

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it very heavy on the yaoi? I've never tried but I would rather read straight romance. Not a big fan of systems either:cautious:

Varsha0907 likes this.
  7. Varsha0907

Varsha0907 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao same..i too don't like bl novels...only if the plot interests me would i tolerate..but it's not a heavy romance based novel..it's more of an adventure fantasy thing...plus their relationship develops really slowly...u can just think of them as close brothers if it really bothers you...i don't really like bl but it also doesn't bothers me much

Eskapisti likes this.
  8. Eskapisti

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, I just read your comment and went to add it to my reading list in NU. Before adding it, however, I skimmed through the tags again and noticed the mpreg tag. That's a bit too freaky for me I'm afraid. Why not just adopt?:eek:

9. Varsha0907

Varsha0907 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait a min he wasn't actually pregnant..and in the novel world too men can't get pregnant...there r two children...one is the fruit of witchcraft ...which basically the whole world wants , drilled in MC's belly to receive nutrients and suck extra energy from MC's body and the other child was actually MC's own creation(experiment) in his past life...and also the reason why MC got bound to system..he loves the child he created too much but the child died bcoz of him in the past life...hence he feels even more that he owes the child and wants to protect the child

Eskapisti likes this.
  10. Ibiskool

Ibiskool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sounds bad and boring, I don't like good super hero characters, but people like who described sound like angsty teen to me, I rather have cool guy like klien to watch adventuring and solving mysteries.

11. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    It does have a translated manhua adaptation. If the novel’s too long, try that first—it’ll give you a good sense of the story and what it’s like so if you want to know all the details, you can always read the novel to fill them in.

12. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually we already did, I don't want to spoil it. But his past has already been revealed with flashbacks and story explaining it, way before the government stopped it.

There is not really much there, he has basically experienced everything there was: love, family, friends etc... He already experienced it and got over it, while the only thing remaining being his goal.
    There is a cool arc where there are flashbacks of when he was in love with someone tho, explaining a lot about his pasts

13. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is not really an angsty teen, just that he doesn't show emotion. The first book is definitely the weak part of the story since he may seem edgy a bit.

Moreover while he is strong he is not the strongest, neither the wittiest, nor the most talented. He suffer pretty heavy losses a lot of times, and unlike other Chinese characters he never hold grudges, the only thing he strive forward is his goal and without anything holding him back. Because of that, things like a revenge theme is basically nonexistence.

However if you are the type of person that despite evil then this is not for you. At the start there are good and evil people, but the more the power level increase (mc get stronger), scheming and being ruthless becomes natural to strong beings. One of the only novel where no character is stupid, every powerful beings act exactly like one. No characters is a definite antagonist or allies, enemies can become allies and allies enemies.

As for the manhua, please don't read it. Between fans it is known to be a pretty bad representation of the novel.

Deleted member 89812 and FIEND like this.
  14. giratina143

giratina143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is this dropped by author or will he continue? Any news on the censorship thing?

15. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    best review , def listen to this guy op