Help me

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ram5, Jul 18, 2020.

1. kittycoroner

kittycoroner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Give it plenty of water. Check its surroundings for vomit. Cats tend to puke in corners or under things. If you do feed it human food make sure it has as little salt as possible. cats need a little salt but it can quickly become harmful too them if it is too much. It's better to feed them food for cats but there are recipes that cats and humans can eat together. You just might find it a little bland though. When feeding it water give it a shallow bowl. That way the kitten can easily reach in to drink. Make sure the water is a little lower then room temperature. It shouldn't feel cold. Just cool. Cats are sensitive so the temp is important. Since you have multiple cats make sure there are multiple bowls out. They might be fighting over some of their food or water when you aren't looking. Please make sure to disinfect your cuts properly if she scratches you. Don't forget you can get sick as well

imK, Fulminata and nyamachi like this.
  2. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would hold off on feeding pets people food in the future. Sardines while healthy on occasion can be toxic to cats because of mercury and other metals naturally found in the fish. Also you cats a little young to be eating human food as you said it's five months old and you have been giving them people food. I'm going to say what I think but it's still best to seek a vet. You kitten will most likely need a vitamin shot and some laxatives. In the future if you don't want to feed your pet pet food stick to the jar baby food. It has less seasoning and is high in protein, but get the meat flavors not the fruit or vegetarian flavors.

3. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First have the Cartier/cage open. Throw a towel over it from behind , quickly scoop it up and put it in the carrier/cage. Also if you don't have a carrier or cage, I've used a box and big plastic tub. Just make sure the cat can't jump out and it has holes to breath.

asriu likes this.
  4. kittycoroner

Reading List:
    Link
    If its a small enough kitten you drop a box on it. After dropping the box cover it with a blanket and adjust the box with kitten in it. Or just do the same thing when you have a bug. Slide a piece of cardboard under. My sisters cat really hates being covered by blankets and she squirms too much for us to catch her for long. Sometimes I just build the cage around her because it comes apart.

nyamachi and asriu like this.
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    people give canned fish while this cat give it kittens fish from traditional market mixed with rice..... da kittens will sue this cat if they know ..... well different country and place produce different cat~ this cat never have problem with kitten cuz da mother breastfeed them while food only used as supplement~
    can really help ya cuz our cat sound like really different build~

if you have access to vet kidnap da kitten then bring it to vet no negotiation~ put into box filled with clothes or fabric?

6. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yey, the kitten wants to eat again, although she still crying sometimes she no longer rejects the food, I give her cat's food now by the way.

P.S: Now, she's even cuter, snuggled to my leg when usually just run away, so move to tears...

7. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, garlic to cats is like chocolate to dogs?:blobfearful:

Shit!:notlikeblob: I should avoid feeding my cats garlic.:sweating_profusely: Already have 10 generations worth of ancestry. Hell no I'm ending it at 10!:blobtriumph:

8. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    See vet... Or call atleast.

9. Deleted member 134493

Deleted member 134493 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes it's because of furballs being stuck in their tummies. Cats usually can deal with this themselves, but kittens may not know how to do it if it doesn't have a mother. They get furballs by licking their fur, which is their usual MO for cleaning themselves. They also cough it up when they accumulated too much.

If this is the case what you can do is offer them catnip, whether by growing it yourself (which may be too late for your kitten) or getting a fully grown one. Cats will bite on it, get wasted and then puke up the contents of their stomach.

That is, if the problem is accumulated furball in their stomach.

11. Bucj

Bucj Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Prob an infection in the eye

12. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thot that is with its own through thicc and thin.

13. kittycoroner

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a number of things that humans love to be around that cats can't be. It's not always common sense. Chocolate is also a thing you shouldn't give cats though not as toxic to them as to dogs. It is still a risky situation. Other things go against common sense not to give them. Raw meat/eggs and dog food for example. Dog food doesn't have enough nutrients for cats to live on long term. Raw products may have parasites or other materials bad for digestion. If you have a garden look out for lilies daffodils chrysanthemums and hyacinths. They are pretty common but toxic to cats. Most vets will have a list of super common things in your area that are bad for your pets available when asked about about them.you can find most of this information if you do a quick Google search.

Lazriser likes this.
  14. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who the fuck gives cats dog food? Like what the fuck?!
    Luckily it's cooked or at least safe for consumption.
    We don't have those... I believe. They don't live near flowers anyways.

15. kittycoroner

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people think since it's pet food any food is fine. Especially since cats will eat dog food if given the chance and vice versa. You have to be careful though about what you feed your cat since even if it's safe for your consumption it might not be safe for your cat. Again ask a vet or Google what's safe or not in your local area. Fauna and flora are widely different and I only stated ones that I knew were fairly common ones used globally. There are plenty of other ones that are more or less common depending on your area and daily life. It's important to learn so that we can keep our pets nice and healthy.

Ps. As a short term substitute for cat food some people use it when they pick up strays since they have it on hand