LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Deleted member 164538

Deleted member 164538 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Ability points are only for ability points, so it can't be used for skills.

You can raise Mana Level by using the Mana Technique to refine the Mana to be purer and eventually it will rise, but very low chance because Mana is the hardest stat to raise.

Luck is the second hardest stat but the most useless for a warrior. Because luck is raised proportional to the chances that something will happen in your favor, if this is anything like MEMORIZE. If you put this in MEMORIZE terms, anyone with around 85+ points [High(Low)] can actually have a chance to develop a danger sense, and all abilities related to causality depends on Luck. There was a whole theme around having a high luck stat in MEMORIZE where pretty much 90+ luck is equivalent to being so stupidly lucky that its kind of bullshit.

So skills like Nine Eyes that rely on the laws of causality could actually be slightly enhanced by a good luck stat (i.e. it's anything above Intermediate(Low)), but it won't be hindered with a bad one(Low(Low)). While skills like Sword Qi have very little if not no relation to luck.

I feel like Baek Haeju in the fight against TK (TK is a woman), was a bit hindered by the fact that she was also trying to cover for Valhalla. Black Jihu was like the Apex of what a Level 8 Warrior can be (with his Ultimate Profound Art to temporarily raise his power to that of 1 level above his current status), but Baek Haeju is like in the entry way of being a Level 8. I wouldn't call her helpless though, its more like the Commanders are insane and is impressive enough to not get absolutely curve stomped and put up somewhat of a fight. Black Jihu stated that even he has a hard time against Army Commanders when they release divinity, but if they seal their divinity he would dominate (like that fight in Arden Valley when he had the stats of a Level 4).

I feel this is the typical case lions trying to fight dragons. Baek is like a Lion among the Humans standing as the only Level 8 warrior of Paradise and doesn't really have to fear a fight against 99.9% of humans (Sung Shiyun is still a human, but a hybrid one). Then when it comes to the Commanders, she's like a Lion who can definitely hurt a dragon but can't reach their heights.

Now, if Seol vs Baek were to occur; I feel like Seol will win if he pulls out all the stops. Baek had been destroyed against Black's Reinforced Sword Qi, but Seol isn't there yet so I feel a Thousand Thunder+Berserk+Hell Severing would be his equivalent to that. Keeping in mind that Reinforced Sword Qi is the apex power of a warrior where even the Parasite Queen is afraid of being cut by its power (not killed but cut, since she no longer seems invincible).

2. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uhhhh, thats an interesting line to read at this point in the novel lol.

3. Linnette

Linnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So we have a third party other than the Parasites and humanity (+Federation). I thought the ones that tried to scheme Seol were those that defected to the Parasites.
    That aside, looking at it, seems like the goal that Seol wants to achieve this time is really to make Eva into a fortress city, while purging those that stand on his way at the same time.

tkato likes this.
  4. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thinking more about it, maybe that line is meant as the parasites will focus on humans more then the federation, since up until this point the federation seems to have been doing most of the fighting with the parasites. i would be curious what a third party would look like though at this point in the novel.

5. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there's been hints of this "third" party all the way back in Haramark and even before. They have never really delved deep into the battle of Haramark that left Cinzia as the defacto Earth ruler of the area. I'd have a guess there's a hidden coalition of Earthers amongst the corps/crime organizations that want to keep Paradise's humanity weak so they can easily exploit the resources and get out of dodge. My guess is they originally didn't see any chance of eventual success, so rather than do long-term planning they did short-mid term planning to grab as many resources as they can. They key would be hiding this fact from the Sins. Yun Seohui mentioned many many chapters ago in an aside how she's responsible for dealing with the laws of causality to let Sinyoung keep doing business and I think she mentioned other companies had people who did the same.

Mind you this is just another of my wild theories that may have no semblance of anything in the novel.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  6. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya i always assumed there was a group of highly influential people/orgs that wanted to drag out the war as long as possible for benefits but i still put them technically on "humanity's side". because it doesnt make since for that to be the third power mentioned since they wouldnt have been the parasites main focus anyway since they're mainly in the shadows and focused on profits. i do think there are enemies on earths side that were about to see in upcoming chapters but i dont think that line was referring to them. i think most likely that line was a referrence to the federation no longer being considered a bigger threat than humanity, the only issue for the parasites is Seol mended the relationship so regardless of who the parasites attack now both parties should respond together.

7. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, Yuhui calls Jihu a white rabbit just like Baek. Ok my new crazy theory is that Baek and Yuhui are actually both parts of Yoo Seonwha and that's why Baek didn't become an executor, part of her already had Luxuria's divinity so she couldn't handle another divinity.

8. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to be disrespectful, but that makes no sense. Can’t they just know each other in Earth? Occam’s Razor, bro. All those crazy theories have no point since Yuhui’s identity was never in question, the thing here is that we know for a fact Baek is changing her appearance in Paradise and it was heavily hinted she knows Seol on Earth, that’s all. Yuhui has nothing to do with it, she is Seo Yuhui and thats it. Also for the rabbit thing, it has something to do with Seol Jihu’s name, translator brought that up a long time ago, so it is not a hint for Yuhui and Baek being part of the same person or anything.

9. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    That bishop guy is an enemy and he works with Sinyoung, no? Guess we will have a pretty big company to uproot from Paradise since it all points to those guys being traitors, or at least being ready to throw Jihu to the wolves in the name of being able to continue existing in Paradise.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  10. Linnette

Linnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't get used to cliffhanger when the arc is about politic, especially with Yuhui's life in danger like this. I'm curious as to how will Seol act knowing the bishop is an enemy. Guess I should stock up on the chapters before continuing.

11. Deleted member 164538

Deleted member 164538 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend it for the next week or so. If you hate cliffhangers, you will hate the upcoming part.
    I think it's because in the very early chapters, his name roughly translates to snow rabbit. (stated back in one of those early chapters)

Linnette likes this.
  12. Linnette

Linnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Thank you. I'll be sure to stock up on chapters, for at least 2-3 weeks or so.

13. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so the gameplan for the traitors of earthlings is to kill Yuhui as an "offering" to the parasite queen to prove their worth? how interesting. i guess not everyone on earth's side is aware of Seol's capabilities since they havent seen all that hes done, and thats not even including his 7 year dragon ball training arc he just had. i feel like if that is their plan though a better plan would be to turn on earthlings during a huge fight, since thatd probably cause more damage and be an instant win for the parasites

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  14. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    But then there would always be the chance the Parasites would take the chance and just wipe them out too, since there was no agreement in place or anything. I for sure would do that if I was a general and there was infighting on the other side.

15. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well it sounded like they had been in talks with the parasites side and while they dont trust the benefits and truthfulness of the parasites fully, they also want a way to prove that they really do want to change sides. to me if im the parasites im saying prove it by betraying them in a big battle, since thatd do the most damage and effectively end the war most likely. im interested to see how many of the earthlings organizations are run by traitors though, since we dont really know about many big organizations outside of the ones Seol has relationships with.

16. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Determined』『Status: Coding in Uni』

Reading List:
    Link
    "The first was to clean up the deeply-rooted corruption inside Eva. The second was to improve humanity’s relationship with the Federation. And the third… was to change humanity.”

WHERE'S MY CHAD JIHUUUUUUUUUUUU?!!!
    Oh wait. 'Was'.
    *Bloodthirst intensifiesssssss*

*stares at a certain Fox*

nah. I think they'll offer Jihu. Yuhui is good as toast in their eyes.

It's not just a chance, but a written truth. I don't doubt PQ wouldn't want disloyal people. Shihyun is different since he's true evil.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  17. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Things we learned this chapter:

1) The many years alone have given Seol wisdom he did not have in the past. "Ye who does not permit thy butt shall not covet another’s butt." Words to live by.

2) He learned Ethereal shift not to fight the parasites, but to have a proper getaway vehicle for his pranks.

Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.
  18. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like our boy learned a thing or two from RM Jihu. He is on his way to becoming a chad.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  19. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont get what the priest is playing at, but hes creepy and obviously scheming. i just dont know what his end play is, maybe a trap at the location of the place he said? that seems so obvious though

20. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Well guy is obviously sketchy and smarmy and is apparently not self-aware of how he comes across to anyone with a semblance of intelligence. As for end goal it could be any number of things including the stupid obvious trap. But for other possibilities:
    • There might be something at the location that is guarding an object that he wants and he hopes Seol will kill everything there.
    • He's just trying to get Seol on a wild goose chase so Seol won't see his actual real plan to eliminate Yuhui.
    • He's trying to earn Seol's favor to then betray Seol/Yuhui later.
    • Stalling for time.
    • He's been paid off by someone else to set this up and actually has no idea what the end game is himself

tkato likes this.