Spoiler The Downfall of the Eldest Miss

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Apaylia blackrose, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Apaylia blackrose

Apaylia blackrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Downfall of the Eldest Miss
    [​IMG]

Novel Summary
    Shen Wanying is 17 years old and is a well-known young lady in the first private high school in a City A.

She was born in a wealthy family, with excellent grades and gentle personality. Whenever and wherever people see her, she is always elegant and beautiful.

She is the goddess in the hearts of all the students in the school. She is the class flower, the grade flower and the school flower.

Until one day, a boy named Huo Cheng came to know all her little secrets——

He knew that she was tired of learning. He knew that she drank secretly. He even knew that she liked to shake her feet and eat instant noodles!

The ‘character’ of the perfect eldest lady was broken.

Shen Wanyng: I’m very distressed.

The day Huo Cheng died was November 11.

When he woke up again, he went back to the year when he was 17.

Everything was strange and familiar.

He remembered that his beloved wife Shen Wanying killed him.

“How much do you like me?” Shen Wanying asked Huo Cheng that day

Huo Cheng looked at her deeply, and finally said, “I like you, and I am willing to give you my life.”

Details
    Short Title : TDEM
    Original Title : 大小姐人设崩了!
    Author : Chestnut
    Type : Web Novel
    Genre : Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Novel updates link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-downfall-of-the-eldest-miss/

RaiLi, Ahmya and Venice1 like this.
  2. Apaylia blackrose

Apaylia blackrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to chindy02 - Translator

So far, I like the premise that the MC (Huo Cheng) turned back time to when he was 17. Honestly, at first, I thought the story revolve around Huo Cheng getting his revenge towards the FL (Shen Wanying) because she killed him, but it was the opposite. Despite being killed by the FL, he still went to her side after his rebirth. What could he change? Did he overlook something? He never blamed her for the things she did.

So, if you’re into light with less drama, and you like this kind of ML who doesn’t harbor any revenge and ill-intentions, then you will surely like this.

Yukari_me, RaiLi, Lykalee and 4 others like this.
  3. joyshu

joyshu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the true story what happened is not that fl killed mc but he thought she did since they were celebrating their anniversary and she was at home. the person who killed him was his neighbour who during her younger days was in love with an older guy due to domestic violence case between her parents and who though that guy had killed the mc's mom since that guy said he killed mc's mom and was a murderer to keep the girl away and the girl didn't want anything to happen to that guy but the truth was that mc's mother had done suicide and that guy was the last man he had seen and he felt guilty

4. elaii03

elaii03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did HC's mother cheated his father?

5. joyshu

joyshu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no man she never cheated on him

6. elaii03

Reading List:
    Link
    But, from what i understand in MTL she did cheated on him with Xiang Chong. The day she committed suicide is the day she wanted to break up with him. Then XC believe that the harsh words he said to her was the last straw. So he(XC) believe that both he and HTX(HC's father) r murderers.

7. joyshu

joyshu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no man she never cheated. from what i understood from mtl she couldn't do what she wanted and she liked to smoke and all and that guy was the first who saw her and he was the last one who saw her before she committed suicide so he felt guilty. can't tell 100 percent certainity to what happened due to mtl but 100% sure she didn't cheat on mc's father. she was forced to marry mc's father because mc's father wanted to marry her at any cost and she had to drop her bad habits

8. elaii03

Reading List:
    Link
    But, this is XC's statement when HC asked him abt. The incident about his mother. This is copied from mtl.

"I was the last person to see your mother." Xiang Chong slightly lowered his eyes, and seemed to think of the scene at that time. "At that time, I went to the Star Farm with your mother. I didn't expect your father to come after. It’s a bit big. After she was taken away by your dad, I never saw her again. Later I heard that she was ill and stayed in the villa for half a year before she got better. But after she got well, the first thing was to contact me Break up."

After Xiang Chong knew that she was a family member, she knew that their relationship would definitely end without a stagnation. But he was not reconciled. Fang Ke was the first woman in his life to fall in love with him. She was the first one to pick him up. Now it is her who wants to leave him.

"When she said she wanted to break up with me, I was very emotional and said a lot of things that were not very pleasant." Xiang Chonghua seemed to have fallen into a long-term memory here, even his eyes (color) were bleak. "You My mother is a very attractive woman, and sometimes I can even understand why Huo Tingxiao did not want to let go. I was like that at the time, I didn’t want to break up with her, I even wanted to die with her like this."

He grabbed the steering wheel with her, the car swayed dangerously from side to side, Fang Ke stepped on the brakes in time, and stopped the car on the roadside.

"After the car stopped, I dropped the door and left. I don't know how long I walked along the road, maybe it was blown by the cold wind for a while, I calmed down a lot. I know that what I said must have stabbed her, I think Go back to her."

Purple Lotus likes this.
  9. joyshu

joyshu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because of this part i had problem understanding this story properly. but after this somewhere mc was told or understood (not sure where) that she didn't cheat on his father. that's why i still have confusion regarding mc's mother(since it is mtl) and never tried to read about her again till the translate and just read about mc and fl.
    also want to make sure to tell that by cheating i mean
    having sex
    but just going with him to places

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  10. The_Great_ASK

The_Great_ASK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ummmmm
    So, does the story end well?
    I mean, without weird misunderstandings or NTR?
    Was there a closure?

11. charysa

charysa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML's mom definitely cheated. I mean, you don't need to have graphic evidence she had sex with someone else for it to count as cheating. She hid the fact that she was married and had a romantic relationship with Xiang Chong. They vacationed together at that farm where she made a painting for him and wrote his name on the back. She may have never liked ML's dad and was only forced to marry him against her will, but that doesn't change the definition of cheating on a legal marriage.

Of course, ML's dad isn't a a nice guy either; after catching her with Xiang Chong at the farm, he sequestered her for a year, lying to the outside world that she's "sick". Presumably, she was only let out after acquiescing to him, thus why she went to break up with XC right afterwards. Of course, then XC said some harsh words to her, which probably was the last straw that led to her committing suicide.

Both ML's dad and XC rightly blame themselves for her death (and of the two of them, I personally think ML's dad is more culpable, since XC at least was unaware he was with a married woman when he fell for her). But ML's dad was in denial about her committing suicide (since admitting that would mean admitting a lot more of his own faults). And there was no evidence that XC is directly culpable of her death. Because of his insistence and probably pressure from the victim's family, the case was marked down as an "accident", even though the police officer in charge felt it was more likely to be suicide.

anina, -NEAR-, BooBoo and 6 others like this.
  12. Fayfay

Fayfay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats the ending for HC and SW? Does HC tells SW about his pastlife?

13. RaiLi

RaiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers.....

14. zcorpio

zcorpio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel bad for FL in previous life after MC got killed.
    She fainted when she found her husband's corpse, then woke up in the hospital and learned she's pregnant.

MiserableSOUL and BooBoo like this.
  15. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf.........wat happened after that.....:blob_teary:

16. elaii03

Reading List:
    Link
    iirc, there's no afterwards since it was just a sneak peak to what really happened in the past. But FL is sad/depressed knowing that ML is dead and her child being fatherless.

-NEAR-, Apaylia blackrose and BooBoo like this.
  17. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anymore spoilers...?

18. DeyDey

DeyDey An Old-Hearted Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    it's a HE. I don't think HC ever told SW but after he knows the reality about his mother, he wants to make sure SW didn't end up the same because SW has a tendency to fake herself to fulfill her mother's expectation. He wants to make SW more open and let herself out, at least in front of him.
    HC also give clue to SW's mother and aunt about her aunt's boyfriend embezzlement that make her family almost lost their fund. Their second life after HC's mother's disclosures went smoothly. They got married on the same date as their previous life.

-NEAR-, kawaii12345 and Glass Shard like this.
  19. Glass Shard

Glass Shard 【Fʅσσϝ Hυɳƚҽɾ】【Cαƚ Lσʋҽɾ】【⚓️】

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank god this is a HE. Guess ill go read it because the ending is a HE

20. DeyDey

DeyDey An Old-Hearted Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    As the previous spoiler said, the killer was a girl. HC didn't know her in his previous life, but she knows him.
    She was an abused girl who leaves next door to HC's mother's lover. She likes the lover but he turns her down and said that he was a murderer (as the reason). The lover keeps a tab on HC as comfort for his guilt, he wants to make sure HC is well and live a happy life because he knows HC was the only reason for his mother to stay strong and happy before. In the previous life went news about HC's marriage was everywhere, the lover calls the killer to drink together and celebrate HC's married. He cried happily. But the killer only got jealous of HC.
    When the killer gets caught for killed HC, the lover went to the police station (or prison?) to meet her and ask why did she kill HC. She answered that now both of them was a murderer (they can be together now that she was not a nice girl anymore, they were the same). The lover was sad and said that he didn't really kill HC's mother. The killer was shocked and cry, asked why did he lie to her.. she already killed someone..(at this point, I feel complicated, I know she was wrong and twisted but.. man, she got the wrong direction from the start)
    In the second life, the killer tried to attack HC again, but this time was when HC still in high school and use poison. Fortunately, HC didn't drink the poison but his friend did (he didn't die, though). Police investigate this case but they didn't have many clues. The killer was interrogated but she didn't want to admit it. Luckily (as if, this is a plot halo) the investigator for this case was the same investigator for HC's mother's case and after investigation, he knows the killer was HC's mother's lover neighbor. They find the lover and the lover went to the hospital to meet the killer. This one scene almost the same as the previous life, but the killer didn't kill anyone yet.

-NEAR-, Ahmya and kawaii12345 like this.