HOW FUCKING SHAMELESS CAN THOSE WEBNOVEL BASTARDS BE

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by phucanhcr02, Jun 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phucanhcr02

phucanhcr02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I have recently followed a novel on Webnovel called Sword of Dawnbreaker.
    It's one of the more interesting ones on that garbage site.
    The raw currently has more than 900 chapters.
    What I can't fucking comprehend is that they axed it at 226 chapters and called it "Completed" just like what they did to Taming Master.
    Do they think that their readers are actually blind and don't know how many chapters the raw has?
    MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So yeah, thank you for listening to my rant.
    Now I'm definitely gonna study Chinese and read the raw myself because I just can't stand having my back stabbed by those greedy parasites on Webnovel anymore.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  2. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not surprised sadly how many good novels get dropped but they keep the rights allowing no one else to translate it? They might say lack of popularity but why keep novel the trial novels alone are filled with many wasted hidden gems that most sites would jump to pick up. Widh there wad a rule that quickly makes a dropped novel fair game for all.

3. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I HATE web novel as well, they dropped my fav novel and it they continue on to translate the thousands of other garbage on there

4. VoidLife

VoidLife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are webnovel websites that are free. Have you tried other websites? Sorry, just want to help. Chinese is really hard.

5. theweebbecomesme

theweebbecomesme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Webnovel is truly, truly a terrible site. The vast majority of content on there is absolute dogshit - sorting by most popular comes up with the most trash in many cases.

6. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Webnovel is a business, that novel has been confirmed by translators to be dropped, it isn't stated anywhere that it's completed. It was not making enough money to maintain its release. They novel wasn't making enough money to afford a translator and editor.

Why should a business translate it at a loss? If you want it to be translated then pay. Most people are free readers that complain but never use any coins. The novel was popular, but very little people actually paid for it. A lot of novels that are coming out are garbage, true, but people pay for it, so it gets translated. It's not even a question of not having enough translators, they have more than enough, but if those 'garbage' novels gets more money than others (they do) then they are gonna translate those.

Always complaining about webnovel, when it's the fans that are supporting all of this...

Muspon, AliceShiki and NikkiSpores like this.
  7. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    And they host mtl like why would you host them most people try to avoid them

8. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a loop most dont want to pay which gets them dropped which causes more droppings as some dont want to pay for a dropped novel and if they can give translation rights to another group if they dont want a novel that be fine.

Muspon likes this.
  9. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you pay for a novel and it gets dropped on trial you get back the coins. For novel that gets dropped midway is pretty rare unless the number of supporter is really low.

And for the licensing is the same, if you want the license to translate you have buy it from webnovel, you can't expect them to give it for free when they paid for it. Even if they are not translating it anymore the license is still theirs

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just read the raws - google translate for that one. it's better than tapread's mtl

11. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    They also dropped way of the devil and rise of humanity. Both novels that were being translated for years, with hundreds of chapters for each.

12. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Marking it as completed issue aside, QI is a company. They have to pay their translators. Why should they continue with a book when it is earning them less than what they are spending on it. The only way a book could continue is if the translators agree on the revenue share model, on which they would get part of the revenue. But since these novels aren't performing well, the revenue would be significantly low, giving the translators no incentive to continue, other than their passion for a novel.

Regardless of how some parts of the community still views these novels, the truth is, most of it has been industrialized, and most translators on big sites treat this as their job. These things should be expected, like a TV show being canceled.

Muspon likes this.
  13. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But they're labelling it Completed, not Axed or Dropped. Unlike TV shows that are originals, these are translations with original source somewhere out there that is definitely not completely translated yet the translation company labelled it Completed and provided misguided information to the English readers.

14. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    Which doesnt counter their more questionable things they've done and if they dont want a novel they should just make it up for sale.

15. Muspon

Muspon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was a mistake that was their for a day they changed it the next day

16. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Screenshot_20200726_060609.png
    Raws have 1k+ chapters

17. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    makes me wonder why they even snatched these novels away from the translator in the first place...

i really liked taming master too...but i dropped it eventually since i realized that the plot wouldn't change much. mc will always drop in with his OP gang and then kill everyone in the last second...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.