LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so for the first one, i could see that but even then he'd have to assume some of valhalla's member will be coming along so its probably hard to find something to kill them at this point besides the parasites. as for the second one he could have done that the 8 months Seol was gone, and id assume Yuhui would remain on earth while they went out looking for stuff so unless they capture/kill her on earth theres probably no way to do it currently. the third and fourth ones make sense, albeit boring and then the fifth one is interesting but i think thatd still mean hes probably leading Seol into some sort of trap. idk i feel like the priest showed his hand a little too much by showing off how much knowledge he has of Seol, Valhalla, and some of the movements they've made. but because of that that makes me think if its a trap its going to be something huge since hes aware of their strength to an extent

2. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there is a trap laid there, though possibly not a obvious one. Something like praying actually casting a curse on you or having side-effects. His insistence on having Seol be the one to tell her (and not just anyone but Roberto himself) makes me think he wants to put the blame on Seol when the other shoe falls and get rid of him too after Yuhui is dealt with.

3. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And now it's time to guess the title of the mockumentary. I'm throwing out:
    The Usual Suspects Parasites

Starring Roberto Servillo as the anti-Keyser Söze

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  4. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im liking this arc so far, i just wonder who else he'll let in on the situation

5. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that is definitely obvious in our perspective...

However, he is the Bishop of the Temple of Luxuria. People kind of trust him because of his position.
    Kind of like how people unconditionally believe the media and don't think that they are humans too fully capable of lying.

In short, he's making people believe by using his position as a leverage.

Why do I feel like he's related to the scummy cartel guys

6. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its definitely obvious in Seol's position too which is what i meant lol. Between what Kim Hannah told him, Yuhui going through this whole acting saga, and the feeling Seol got just meeting with the priest make it obvious to Seol not to trust the guy. i dont mean its obvious for people on the outside of Seol's position i just meant to Seol specifically a trap at the location the priest gives him would just be such an obvious thing that Seol should already be wary of

7. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What´s the reason Seol doesn´t use his innate talent Eyes anymore?
    If he is afraid of end up the same way as Evangeline Rose, he should learn how to 'apply' his ability right instead of forsaking it...
    Seol decided to trust(?) Muller magician mostly because of the future vision he had, no?

8. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that he doesn't use it anymore, but that he doesn't want to rely on it anymore. If you go back to the start of the novel you will see that Jihu basically just followed whatever his eyes told him to do. It usually is always right, but that also means that he is just a puppet of his own power.

9. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The last time he used was on the Siyoung lady big sister (and before her i don´t even remember anymore). He is not relying, using, applying nor anything... =X

Seol: "i think there´s a bunch of traitors."
    Random ME: "If only we had a way to uncover other people inner traits and what they could possibily do in the future..."
    Seol: "To bad such a thing is implossible. =p "

I don´t know what are their plan but i don´t think they will catch everyone...of course, i´m still curious to what will happen next =D

10. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess it was just obvious trap. Their ability to plan against Seol is sorely lacking.

11. EmptyBox

Reading List:
    Link
    The gap moe between how Yuhui usually is a very mature and motherly character and how she acts like a maiden in love from time to time is so cute and amusing at the same time.

He just used it to see Yuri's status four chapters ago. If you are talking about Destiny Selection, I am pretty sure it triggers on its own and it's not something that Jihu can control. Also, we don't know if there is any trait literally stating that someone is a traitor. That was never brought up in the novel so far.

Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.
  12. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont think that any traits just outright say traitor but im sure you could assume someone is based on all his traits if Seol checked. having said that there was no reason to even attempt it on the bishop since he literally already knew the dude was bad and also had to focus on acting desperate rather then just looking at the guys status screen. he should however use his 9 eyes on the way to the ambush point to start to tell when their getting surrounded.
    im hoping she rubs it in Baek's face that she went on "a date" with Seol after this lol and got to use his thighs as a lap pillow.
    ya i was really shocked, i guess given all the info they have it seems like a great plan but even if all the info they had on Seols strength and Valhalla in general was accurate considering how many miracles Seol has made in paradise youd think theyd still be more skeptical and cautious to him being able to overturn any plan. unless this trap has literally every parasite commander you've seen Seol come out alive against parasite commanders everytime whether by luck or not.

13. Daoist Pharmacist

Daoist Pharmacist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Final war soon,any thoughts on whats going to be next after the war? I think author will tackle the the background story of the angels, seol going to war with the angels and devils of the higher realm.

14. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    After the final battle the novel ends I think. We are just 100 chapters away from the end after all. Also why would he fight the demons and the angels? The demons are in the other side of the universe, serving the Martial God and the remaining angels are all in Paradise helping out the natives and they admit it is their own karma. Seol has zero stakes in that conflict, I am sure that backstory was given just to have another throwback to MEMORIZE other than the Parasite Queen herself and possibly also tie a loose end of that novel.

lunarshadow and tkato like this.
  15. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just that he doesn't see a use for it now, being mostly irrelevant as the future has changed and is almost beyond what Chad Jihu has experienced. The World Tree didn't die, Spirit Realm is safe, one less Commander, Kim Hannah changed and the two royalty waifus are alive and...pure.

Human nature says that you don't go all out when squishing an ant. :blobowoevil:

Only on a cockroach would you go all out.

Oh she definitely will after all those time Haeju was bragging about seeing two rabbits eating together.

I don't think there'll be a war with them, but I think he will at least show up.

16. CockyBrat

CockyBrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this relying thinking gets butchered too much in this novel. Everytime he gets a good and practical ability that helps him a lot he will claim that he 'relies on it too much'. Like high mana is not good because it's relying, nine eyes is also not good anymore. You can literally say that to every ability, weapon or stat that you have and then restrict yourself more and more.
    If this would be a chinese novel he would defeat the Parasite Queen and then rank up to the next cultivation realm. Maybe after level 10 he would get to the heavenly realm system and the Martial God would be the next big antagonist on his never ending adventure. The Divine Elixers also feel like these chinese novels but he first needs to get more arrogant and kill everyone who doesn't kowtow him.

17. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dont forget lots of face slapping, and young arrogant masters

Shield Loyalist and CockyBrat like this.
  18. Kii

Kii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While the nine-eyes part is an issue I agree with and believe the author has problems trying to utilise properly, Seol relying on his high mana not being a good thing made sense.

Seol’s reliance on his mana was a double edged sword that also destroyed his body due to imbalance and it didn’t help the fact that his over-reliance also made every other part of his combat sloppy. It’s like a kid using a lightsaber against people with iron swords. Sure, you gonna rekt everyone with it, but once a guy stronger than the kid who has a lightsaber appears, the kid is gonna die then since the kid’s only advantage has been neutralised.

but yeah really feels like the author doesn’t wanna let seol use nine eyes sometimes because it’s honestly broken af and would make the obstacles so much easier for seol to handle

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  19. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How does Seol relying on high mana damage his body? Mages don't seem to have that problem and Seol's classes are basically a mix of mage and warrior. If it is causing problems it should only be from a lack of control shouldn't it?

20. EmptyBox

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember the novel ever bringing up the fact that Jihu relying on mana was harmful to his body. Jihu was criticized because he was just putting a lot of mana in his weapon and skills to make up for his lack of technique. After he improved his technique he also tried to improve his control over mana since the way he used it was ridiculously inefficient.

Shield Loyalist likes this.