about the world of cultivation ...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ozkan, Jul 26, 2020.

1. ozkan

ozkan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have just read about cultivation novels and am very interested in the mechanism of this universe. Humans have a special organ (dantian) located in the lower abdomen below the navel to absorb energy from heaven and earth, so my question is where is the female dantian? I mean, in the lower abdomen, isn't the uterus in women? I'm confused

AJiggaboo likes this.
  2. Imperiestro

Imperiestro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. adrielpirate

adrielpirate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Kaneki07

Kaneki07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You just ask a question that I have never thought about since the time I started reading, and that was more than six years ago.

So to answer the question. The dantai isn't necessary always on the lower abdomen. It can be on the chest or even had the ability to move throughout the body. So let's just use your example as universal knowledge in every Cultivation world. There's one knowledge that everyone knows about and that is that most of the time the dantai isn't that big. Most of time is describe as a fist size dantai but that's the energy that revolves around it. The core of the organ most of the time is just the size of an eye ball or even smaller. There are other explanation that say that is in a another aspect of space. A spiritual space that if it's attack by the same type of energy the spiritual space is, it would cause it's destruction.

So a female dantai wouldn't be any different from the male if we follow the same rules in every Cultivation world.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  5. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To cripple another cultivator also most of the time takes a deliberate attack upon the dantian with not just physical force but also whatever type of energy is cultivated in the given xianxia novel considering it is only ever shown as done by another cultivator of a similar or higher level, thus dantians likely also get more resistance during ascension to higher realms of cultivation.

Which is why we don't get scenes of lower level cultivators or mortals ( aside from MC who are always special ) ambushing a powerful cultivator and crippling them ( actually, just wasting their cultivation base, depending on novel, it is permanent, or victim of said attack can cultivate again ).

6. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess you solved why novels away talk about turning females into furnaces and stealing primordial yin. i thought it was discrimination against boytoys, but it's just that thing women have in do we gloss over and give little credit to.