Discussion Internet Exposure

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by zeroknight, Jul 26, 2020.

?

At what age did you learn to use a computer?

1. Age 4 or below

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. Age 5-9

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. Age 10-12

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  4. Age 13-16

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  5. Age 17 and above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zeroknight

zeroknight [Death to All Harem Novels] [Dumb MCs' Hater]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was watching anime and listening to some music when I remember the time I was first learn to use computer and the time when I was watching anime online for the first time
    My family really don't have a computer at home. So even when I was 13 years old, when I saw a computer at school, I dont use it because I dont know how to. Eventhough we had computer class once a week at elementary school (middle school whatever) my fellow classmate already learned how to use it.

The class was like a free time. There was no teacher and all of them can spent time browsing the internet or playing Plants vs Zombies ( It's the time when the game is so popular). I cant really waste anyone's time for them to teach me because we only had one hour.

I only got my first cellphone by the time I was in first year high school (Its one of those phone that doesnt have an internet). Finally, there was a proper computer class by the time I was in Second year. I did pretty lots of embarrassing things that time because I was a total noob. My fellow classmates already know how to.

After graduating Ignorance, I first watch anime online only when I'm 16. Had to use computer shop cause there is no internet at home. Finally I don't have to really on TV anymore. Finally I don't have to wait for another day to watch another episode. Finally there are no more Sunday where there are no anime to watch!!

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    What is this computer you speak of, i connect directly to NUF with spiritual sense! :blobwoah:

AliceShiki, mir, Lazriser and 2 others like this.
  3. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    I learn about internet during middle school.
    It was around 2003+, internet isn't easy to get yet.
    Most I spend on internet cafe.

It was until I graduated from college.
    Mobile internet is a thing.

4. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    In this day and age? I believe that kids should be instructed in internet since they start to attend school, so that they can use it responsibly.

Internet can be a scary place

5. Mr.Bush

Mr.Bush 《First President》《Time traveller》《Hidden Pervert 》

Reading List:
    Link
    Those with talent learn in the womb ,Noobs :cool:

6. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    How the hell you connect to LAN?
    Through local spirit vein?

And world wide web?
    Dragon vein?

7. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm loving these replies. I really, really do.

8. Fryz

Fryz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know computer exist since elementary school (2000), because my dad needs computer for work.
    But I was not allowed to touch it.

Until 2004, when my dad bought a Pentium 4, he let me to play games in the Pentium 2.
    I know internet exist at that time, but it needs that noisy dial-up modem. Very slow, and super expensive.
    Mom always get angry when we use internet.
    The landline bill increased significantly, and important call could not be received.
    We think home internet was useless, so no problem.

In middle school (2007), I am introduced to online games called Luna online.
    Because my home only had the dial-up, I go to net-cafe everyday to play online games.
    That's the first time I think internet is kinda useful after all...

Since then, my scope of internet usage increase (to look materials for homework, etc).
    Also, usable mobile phone internet starts appearing in my country on 2009ish.
    Blackberry was all the rage, and of course I also join the hype.

After 2010, at last, mom put broadband internet at home.
    Fastest internet in my life. 100kBps download speed is very satisfying. No need net cafe anymore.
    That's the beginning of my ascendance to become introverted shut-in hahahaha.

9. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    I learn to use it back when I was still around 5 years old, so it should be around 2003. The only thing that I know is playing with "paint", still need my dad to help me to boot the computer because it was too complicated for me back then

Fulminata likes this.
  10. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    The internet was still in the dial-up phase and the speed was like 28kb/s, loading anything other than text based sites was a will power building exercise, especially high quality photos, there was no streaming but you could download movie files and music but movie files could take a week or more lol.

It was amazing when cable internet and dsl became available... No I never played RuneScape but I did try a game called Nexus. Obligatory: kids these days just don't understand trying to load a pic of a naked woman on dial-up and somebody calling before it loads the good bits

Fulminata likes this.
  11. little_toastie

little_toastie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, you guys learn about internet and computer so early~ I honestly only started to understand computer when I was 11 or 12 I think, and during that time my fingers were even shaking in our computer class :blobxd:

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  12. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    We got internet pretty late around the year 2006 (my family are not that rich) so seeing internet are a novelty at that time

I watch youtube a lots. Annoying Orange, Nigahiga, Smosh and even anime (Those eng sub ep 1 part 1/3) hahahah then in 2009 I started to watch pewdiepie. Good time I must say. Jpop and Kpop was my fav as well.

Started reading manga online too. Oh and before that I was really active in Gaia Online in 2006-2010. I was really active along with my sister. There other online games as well but I dont remember.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  13. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I vaguely remember never using the Internet as a child. I only knew how to navigate on the desktop, file explorer a little, and that application where I build airplanes, engines, cars, etc. Other than that, I played with mine sweeper, pinball, bouncing balls, and paint?

14. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Cat Boss〗〖Feeling the Effects of Aging〗

Reading List:
    Link
    I learnt how to use a computer at school when I was a kid but I really only started using them when I was about 17 (and that's pretty late for people my age)

15. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Voted 13-16. I don't think I'd seen a computer in real life until grade 9/high school or the Commodore 64 but I can't quite remember which was first, the IBM clones at school or the C64.

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I was taught how to use a computer by my parents? I'm not sure tbh...

There were 2 computers back home for as long as I remember, one was my father's work computer and the other was for everything else. We played some games on an Atari emulator of sorts on it back when I was a child... Oh, and DOS games as well, I remember playing the original Prince of Persia and Lemmings there, though I never learned how to actually start up the games, so I could only play after asking my older brothers to start it up for me... DOS was a bit too confusing for my child self.

imK likes this.
  17. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    7 - My landlords had one. It was very basic. Most of you were still sperm. Black screen, green letters/numbers and floppy disks were actually floppy. Home pcs were few and far between. You actually had to know something about them to use them. Also, I was the last of my generation to learn to type on a typewriter at school. They switched to computers the year after. I was born and grew up between two very different generations. Analogue childhood, digital adulthood.