LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They were Bellwoods cult, not Alda directly. and her had to take/absorb them into his own church to keep them in line.

still even with moderate levels of advancement their society should be well past what it is, so he is keeping it down in some ways. We also say in one early chapter (I think the first one from his P.o.V.) that he does not favor advancement since new tech means new problems, which to him is unacceptable regardless of how many existing problems it solves.

2. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but as soon as the guy stops looking Mei in the eye for a moment, he'll put a bull's eye on his head

Although the situation must also be taken into account, Lambda is a world full of monsters, a large part of the resources that should go to industry and development, have to be consumed to keep them at bay, especially in the territories of the VIda races, that although they are open to technology, have not been able to develop it due to the presence of monsters, which has limited their expansion, at the same time that it has forced them to become races dedicated to combat, while the safest territories they belong to Alda and his ecoterrorists.

Besides that in the case of the races of life, "necessity is the mother of inventiveness", they do not need or cannot use things like cars, refrigeration, heating or lighting and due to their situation and their low birth rate , there are no shortages of resources

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  3. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True. Still Alda doesn't want advancement, at all. He wants everybody in the world worshiping him, listening to his [Divine Message] and just doing what they're told, like in the old days when the races were new and didn't know any better.

It worked because the gods walked the land, there was a balance between the founding gods of Lambda, everybody was as innocent as a newborn babe, and anyone who looked to cause problems would be up against 11 or so gods that could and would smack him down if he acted out enough.

This is no longer possible.

People races and Vida's children have, over the last 100k years, had to struggle on their own paths, and all of them have tasted the risk/reward system that comes with being an independent adult and having to suffer the consequences of one's own choices, and risk/rewards are not always immediate.

SO now everyone knows that there's a certain amount of unpleasant behavior that can go unpunished, and a certain amount of good behavior that goes unrewarded. Alda telling all his followers "if you don't like a guy and can rationalize it enough, it's okay to kill him" has made this all worse.

In order for Alda to get his "clean" world back, he's going to have to erase all traces of the last 100k years, including ruins, texts, paintings, records, verbal testimony, and people's memories. People are going to have to be regressed, mentally, back to when they were infants, and all traces of "foreign" worlds and elements would have to be summarily destroyed.

Even if all that were somehow possible, then, when people start hearing strange voices in their heads, there's no guarantee that people would heed that voice, even if it manages to come through clearly as opposed to the current "Schneider is (static) danger(static)" thing Alda's got going right now where he keeps telling his followers "Schneider is DANGEROUS" and they hear "Schneider is IN DANGER."

It certainly doesn't help that he's surrounded himself with total fanatics who almost never question his decisions and constantly proclaim how "right" and "righteous" he is for his genocidal madness.

Baldingere and Eddy andres like this.
  4. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait a second...

“Wait. If we approach Fitun-dono carelessly without knowing what his plan is for the reincarnated individuals, it may hinder him instead. Is anyone able to contact Fitun-dono or one of his heroic spirits or familiar spirits?”

The young gods, who were feeling more and more endangered by Vandalieu, looked at each other. But none raised their hand. It seemed that there weren’t any gods who knew how to contact Fitun or his subordinates.

“As one of Nineroad-sama’s subordinate gods myself, I have attempted to contact him to tell him not to act on his own, by using his heroic spirits and familiar spirits as intermediaries,” said Bashas, the goddess of rain clouds.

She had taken over the observation of the Boundary Mountain Range in Ryaon’s place; she was speaking without taking her eyes away from Talosheim.
    With that, Bashas was left to her task. But perhaps the other god should have looked at Bashas’s face as she gazed upon Talosheim, even if he had to by force.

Because in contrast to her dampened tone of voice, her eyes were filled with passion.

“Yes, yes… Ah, come to think of it, the goddess of rainclouds tried to make contact with you, Commander. Though she gave up and left quickly, realizing that she didn’t have any acquaintances in your divine realm,” said Gordon Bobby.

“That gloomy woman,” Hajime Fitun muttered.

Hajime’s face grimaced as Fitun remembered Bashas, the goddess of rainclouds.

Bashas had become a goddess at around the same time as Fitun… Though they had actually become gods several centuries apart, it was but a small difference to gods.

Gods that were related to clouds had originally been led by a god who was one of the more powerful gods among the subordinate gods and a confidant of Shizarion, the god of wind and art. However, like Shizarion, that god’s soul had been destroyed by the Demon King Guduranis.

The champion Nineroad, who had become a heroic god after her death, had appointed a new god of clouds, but a single young god did not have enough power to fulfill this important role on his own. Thus, the role was divided into multiple – including ‘thunderclouds’ and ‘rainclouds.’

Thus, Fitun did not think positively of Bashas, as she was someone who represented the fact that Fitun lacked power as a god despite being an accomplished hero on the battlefield.

“Leave her alone. She hasn’t descended upon the world, so she can’t interfere unless she does something like send heroes with her divine protection to fight us,” said Hajime Fitun.

Fitun already inhabited Hajime’s body on the surface of the world of Lambda. There was nothing that Bashas could do to interfere with him now.

Bashas's conversion doesn't look so random anymore. Also, she might be primed to take over Fitun's divine authority or whatever it's called after he kicks the bucket, becoming the Goddess of Clouds. No wonder this arc has been dumping info about how the gods work.

Baldingere, anon, Ophious and 5 others like this.
  5. Jay Corridor

Jay Corridor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sharp. Makes me wonder if Nineroad had more reason to refuse going with the other traitor god (whose name I'm blanking on) than just 'it is too late to turn around now', considering that Bashas is one of her subordinate gods.

diamonds, Paps and xshugox like this.
  6. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Farmaun gold?

7. alomari949

alomari949 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the discord link?
    Do you guys know the ETA for the next chapter?

8. coyoteelabs

coyoteelabs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the current status as written by Yoshi:
    Chapter 233 - 10% complete - Should be released this weekend.
    Chapter 234 - Maybe also release this weekend.

Baldingere, Ophious, Neiden and 3 others like this.
  9. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank God/Yoshi

10. Uinseannblahblahblah

Uinseannblahblahblah Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, 25th weekend, or the weekend starting on the first.

11. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its interesting that the world he lives in doesnt have a Death God, take almost every mythology on earth and theres a God of Death [Hades, Pluto, Anubis, etc]. Feels like the author is making a "legion of the Death God" that will be told in Church 1000000 yrs from now. Would be interesting if Van becomes God of Death, Vida [his "Divine" Mother] becomes just "Goddess of Life" and Darcia [his moral mother] becomes the Goddess of Love and motherhood. Well have to see but for some reason Mei has this "Persephone" vibe

Baldingere and anon like this.
  12. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    They aren't always Gods of "Death," some of them are just Gods governing Death. So in that case, technically Rodcorte is the God of Death there, but maybe the Lambda myths have Alda imposing Order on the souls of the dead, like they go into the Light.

Paps likes this.
  13. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    elenora explaind that when she found out that van can breack souls.
    the concept of reincarnation is known but they don't know of a god that takes care of it or how it works. which is why they are more scared of death by van then death by anything else, because they know in case of anything else there soul will be reborn, with van it won't.

Paps and Eddy andres like this.
  14. coyoteelabs

coyoteelabs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Update for the next chapters:

15. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unrelated question.
    Why do some people move so much?
    Some youtubers mention moving, also others
    What's the deal?

16. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A number of entry level jobs require relocation or contract roles. It's an annoying trend for me since I like staying where I am. Wealthier people are just not satisfied 100% once the novelty of it wears off, so they go to another house for that thrill or satisfaction.

Another reason... if a family member dies, then the family wants to move out because their surroundings remind them of the missing family member so much. My current home used to have an old married couple living here, but once his wife died the husband wanted to sell the home and move in with his daughter in another district.

Lastly, Americans and people in developed countries like moving around. It's kind of normal for families to move after 3-5 years, especially in apartments/condo/flats where the rent fluctuates or management gets worse after a new boss comes in.

The death attribute and death gods are not equal. The death attribute is brought by the Demon King Guduranis to Lambda. Even if there is a death god (which there isn't) they will not have control over the death attribute. Van has the best of both worlds being a demigod; skill and rank system as human as well as exp from prayers.

Zamzukan and Eddy andres like this.
  17. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Odyssey @CountryMage @anteopta It felt like too much work to manually reply/+quote everyone. Sorry :p

The Gods of Lambda are not 'natural' Gods. Earth and Origin have natural/true Gods, which originate from the faith of its inhabitants. This results in random things, like superheroes or Pluto, becoming Gods. However, even though these types of Gods govern the world and all aspects of it, they have little power. Since they are technically all the same being, any decision must pass a majority or unanimous vote (I can't remember which). This makes it so that most of the time they do nothing. If one side wants to destroy, the other side votes against it and locks things into a stalemate.

The Gods of Lambda were born from primordial chaos (or something :blobunsure:) and have divided the powers of the world amongst themselves. So they don't need to consult with others or rely on believers to state what they can do with their powers. Their existence is was keeps the world working properly, which is why Alda is so desperate at finding semi-capable mortals to act as replacements (trying to replace quality with quantity).

Rodcorte took over Lambda's circle of reincarnation before the Gods had fully formed their personalities. Like taking candy from a baby, he didn't leave that aspect be to the native Gods (though Vida has showcased talent in that field by making her own circle of reincarnation). I agree that in this way Rodcorte's actions made sure that the Death aspect was never taken. For the Gods of Lambda, death is the end of life and Life is considered Vida's field. I assume this is why undead exist and souls can take so long to reach Rodcorte, because there was never any cooperation between Vida and Rodcorte.

Baldingere likes this.
  18. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    They're as natural as gods can get, I think. They were born at the Big Bang of their universe, when a couple other gods killed each other iirc. So that pantheon was born with the world, and Rodcorte hooked them up to his system, before they realized anybody needed to watch the souls. If you think about it, the Origin and Earth gods are the unnatural ones, they're like the internet, just a tangled mass of everything that's ever gone viral.

19. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @KageTokage @CountryMage @anteopta Sorry didnt say it right, What i was getting at was that almost all mythologies have an Actual Death God whereas Lambda doesnt. I know Rodcorte pretty mush stole that position while "hiding" his name from the inhabitance. What i was trying to get at is Since mythologies have Death Gods then this novel feels like the framework for Lambda's future Death God mythos. Like instead of reading about the 12 Labors of Hercules after the fact we are reading shortly after each labor.

20. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I may need to re-read that part, but from what I gathered Lambda's Gods being born from the clash of other Gods was more unusual then Earth or Origin's. They are not unnatural, just not how Gods normally come about.

Lambda's Gods seem to be like people with great power, like the Demon King or any of his Evil Gods. The only strange thing is that they were 'born' with their power, while the Evil Gods were not (though I only know how the Evil God of Labyrinths, Guda-elf loli, became a god).

To put it in a better way, they seem like people that just happen to have god-like power; similar to a cultivation novel. The Earth & Origin Gods are created from the hopes, dreams, and belief of the people. They function like a democracy: everyone's opinion matters, but nothing gets done.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020