Li Qiye personality change question - Emperors Domination

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by JoJoBread, Jul 28, 2020.

1. JoJoBread

JoJoBread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am on chapter 2565
    after he has taken over the Nine Secrets system and destroyed all those rebelling. During this whole arc ever since he came to imperial why did his attitude change so much. I get that he was playing a part at the start, but it feels like he still has some of the lingering personalities traits. He seems more brutal and condescending than usual. Also why is he a rapist now? This seems like the antithesis of his character. Before he would slap asses for comedic relief, or to lower tensions, or showed that he cared, but that's as far as he went, besides groping that one time, to put that girl in her place. But he has always shown actually caring deep down and never lowering himself to this low of a level. He has a moral code. Now he is leaning full on into the act of tyrant. Which is fine. He has done it during the Ming ear, but he doesn't seem like the type of person to go this hard for random sects when he is just passing by. Even if he is still "putting on an act, and playing chess" which would make no sense, because he should be done with the "i'm a shitty king" act. It still feels like it is coming our of nowhere. Does this get better. Does he go back to his old self. He had almost a playful feel to him before while still dominating people. Now he is this super serious tyrant.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  2. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, you are still reading this novel? Salute man:blobsalt:. Honestly this novel is really really bad in terms of everything, and one more thing
    the current world or the world he will go in all gets destroyed and then rinse and repeat happens with all the stuff and the novel becomes really really trash after that. Well it was still trash before

LollipoPReapeR likes this.
  3. JoJoBread

JoJoBread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHA! Thanks. I appreciate it. I know all of that, but the abrupt personality change is what gets me. Even when he doesn't need to hold it up anymore. The thing I really like about this novel is you slowly see the bigger picture and how everything is connected. Things that have been mysteries early on the series are slowly getting revealed now. The author is great a foreshadowing, and I love that. Also I'm reading a Chinese power fantasy novel I don't expect god tier writing. I don't expect good or even average writing from any novel be it, Chinese, Korean or Japanese, they are elevated fanfic-tier at best. Like junk food to get the job done.

MangoGuy likes this.
  4. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't say just sprinkling a lot of hints of the bigger picture and connecting them later on is great foreshadowing. If anything it's the bare minimum.

5. Silver Spark

Silver Spark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which novel is this

6. Imperiestro

Imperiestro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes

LollipoPReapeR likes this.
  7. Heartless

Heartless May your heart be your guiding key

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed

Imperiestro and LollipoPReapeR like this.
  8. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    I really appreciate that you managed to last that long (i only read till 100 chap or something idk).

JoJoBread likes this.
  9. Prion

Prion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In general the author changes him a lot over the time

JoJoBread likes this.
  10. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing with this novel is, it is all clang clang clang and bang and bang bang bang and fillers in every chap and even the author has switched to 1 chap/day
    As for your questions about expectations , then yes you can expect more from CN webnovels but those aren't translated, only trash gets picked up according and catering to newbies