Recommendations Novels where RAPE its not an expression of deep love

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by FEMA, Jul 28, 2020.

1. FEMA

FEMA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please, I am just so boggled at the sheer number of novels where fucking RAPE of all things its treated as an expression of deep love and even worse when the victim, its made by the author to be have his/hers hearth by moved by it. OMG WHY!!!!

I am also including in there also all those "sweet love" stories where everything was fine and consensual but as soon as they cross third base the rapey expressions came out, things like they where tossed and turned all night, he did not stop no matter how he/she begged or outright told them it hurts, the morning after they could not get up/where in constant pain and not happy about it and the narration just treats like it was a normal and doting thing to do and for there on, its a constant thing of the agressor wanting more and more sex and the other person using excuses trying to put it off for later, but is still treated as romantic banter by the narrative, WTF plus the whole thing of the agressor being a easily triggered possesive asshole that for their beloved "transgressions" punish them with even roughter sex with their victims all objections ignored.

OR maybe i have been reading to many QT novels? feels like its more prevalecent there.Anyway its not so hard to avoid the "even the narrative admits its rape" stories, but its so much harder to avoid the ones with marital rape, you never know if its going to come up until you are alway throught the book. So please recs? I read all the combinations of sexual orientations and literary genders, except tragedy or grimderp.

i am okay and actually enjoyed some where the characters have very rought sex but only when its a thing THEY BOTH WANT, consent its the sexiest thing of them all!

angelhalo224 likes this.
  2. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    You want novels where rape is not an expression of deep love? :hmm: :blobastonished: :blobflag: :blobpoliceangry::blobpoliceangry::blobpoliceangry::blobpoliceangry:

How about Everybody Loves Large Chests? Consensual and non-consensual.

Sex Manga doesn't fit your criteria, but the story is funny. Yes, the title is actually called "Sex Manga".

I don't read a lot of novels with rape, so I recommend trying to search with tags in the filter. Sorry, @FEMA.

3. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Since when Rape become expression of love? Only criminal who did that.

4. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he is talking about rape victim become lover thing in cn novels.

Free Ocean and FEMA like this.
  5. angelhalo224

angelhalo224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU! Preaching to the choir.
    :blob_plusone::blobhighfive:

This is a huge concern of mine as well.

Also, I find it deeply disturbing that a “falls in love with rapist” tag even exists.

Free Ocean and FEMA like this.
  6. angelhalo224

angelhalo224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    btw

I am sorry that I have to say this, but I have yet to find any m/f novels in the NovelUpdates database that has steamy romance scenes that does not involve either dubious consent or rape. (Yes, this includes titles like Lucia - if memory serves - the fml said stop plus she cries during the bedroom scene and the guy continued meaning that it was non-consensual. The storyline was good, but the bedroom antics...)

I suggest sticking to series that do not include the smut/mature/adult label (Personally, I don’t get the difference between adult and mature but ...). That way, consent is (generally) a non-issue.

Also, checking the comments at the bottom of the page helps me get an idea about a series that may be missing some of the relevant tags. (Not all series are complete when people start translating them)

FEMA likes this.