Spoiler Cold Palace’s Abandoned Consort

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by elparis, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Udah

Udah Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel deserve to get visited by some counter-attack tasker. And trashed every cast and plot.

2. dream00

dream00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didnt understood

Stop telling about the rapist prince in ancient china a prince sleeping with a maid even its drunk its considered something normal his a heavenly prince she was just a lowly maid even sleeping with an official daughter the only thing what will change just being dragged to his harem
    You are giving an opinion of a 20th century person

Beside the real culprit
    Spoiler Alert

Was her former fiamcee they were ill fatd yet he married her in like 13 friday and insisted on marrying her that day her country collapsed she was dragged to the palace of the wining country and discobered later that the crown prince was her former fiancee if nothing happened she would maybe escaped entering in the palace as for other thing she entered the harem of the 3rd prince she was not only the other women all women in the imperial harems faced plots
    He became later an emperor he should be just
    You can't blame him for falling in love with his former fiancee he met her before the Mc yet he abandoned her (his first love) and only used her to know the whereabouts of the crown prince its the mc who was stubborn even her former tutor complained that his student (the mc) was restless with a stubborn mind
    For me the story ended when the mc became his imperial concubine in the end as for the reason and her thoughts and the end i don't care
    He was in love with himself he wanted the world it would be illogical to abandon the world for a woman later when he obtained the world he wanted to stay by her side but he liked her before because even she didn't want to admit it she cared for him because itch time he was in danger she would panic and will justify her behaviour by saying he is only the one able to reign over the central plain and she wanted the peace between the south and north (sneer)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2021
    Kumoshiro and kurohamukami like this.
  3. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel was written by a modern person. Modern people know what rape is.

I'd let of go if it was written by a pereon from a different time period but nowadays you should know better. The author fully intended to write the crown prince as a rapist. It was even framed as rape. You cant nust say "diffrent times and not really rape" when the authors intent was to show him as a rapist

All the man In this novel are trash and honestly its for the better the MC died. She should have ended up with fisherman but thats impssible becusse mr rapist would rather she die then be happy

Wish the author had killed off the crown prince too tbh. Ah well

4. dream00

Reading List:
    Link
    The fisher man was the most pathetic he liked her but she was forced over and over again to return beside the third prince isnt showing that they were more fated

Does anybody know a novel like this

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2021
  5. Yunfei Xu

Yunfei Xu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you. Its pretty normal for me too, since its happened not only in this novel but also in many historical novels.

dream00 likes this.
  6. dream00

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know some historical novel like this only in the end the mc stayed with ml

7. Yunfei Xu

Yunfei Xu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If u like the happy ending, i would recommend i am this type of woman. Its 100+ chapters only. But no tragedy like rape in this novel.

dream00 likes this.
  8. mamavone

mamavone New Member

Reading List:
    Link

9. sonbaragi

sonbaragi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the relationship between her and her daughter. I would love to see an after-story for the 3rd prince though.

You mean a tragic plot in historical setting? Maybe you could try 'Adore Trick of Beauty' she's a fallen daughter of a prime minister where she went to a neighbouring country for revenge. It's a bit heavy and has complicated relationship between the leads. It's 600+ chapters though.

kurohamukami and dream00 like this.
  10. dream00

Reading List:
    Link
    Well for him he will end up like every empror lonly and icy even his empress was in lobe with another man its so sad his life will be just the throne
    And I know the novel you are referring to she will end up with the gentle emperor

I Think I want the same setting historical with the same character as the third prince when he end up with the girl he loves. Like even even if he is the villain he gets the throne and the girl.

11. sonbaragi

sonbaragi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeees, she will. I like that novel, it keeps you on the edge and guessing until the end. Hmm, I think I haven't found one that has a similar tragedy level as this one. I think the tragicness in this one is really one of a kind :cry:

dream00 likes this.
  12. dream00

Reading List:
    Link
    Give you a tragedy website
    https://catharcity.wordpress.com/romanceangst-novel-recommendations/comment-page-1/#comment-2919
    My favorite till now was shattered glass, perfect tragedy
    And one of my favorite hope she will wash away the bad taste :
    Love in another life my gentle tyrant

sonbaragi likes this.
  13. xxxyoshino

xxxyoshino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh but why does he keeps forcing ML to stay with him even though he likes someone else. He was the one who started looking for her anyway.

Also, if anyone’s looking for a good tragedy novel, I would suggest Bu Bu Jing Xin/Scarlet Heart, which was made to be a drama. It is reaaaally good.

dream00 likes this.
  14. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I sincerely hate this novel, I wouldn't have if he actually loved her. even if he forced her. But forcing her for the sake of focing that's messed up.
    If you want a novel with someone forcing the mc to stay with him and she eventually falls for him but he actually does love her I'd suggest "Ceo on top me below "

15. Bjkan

Bjkan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this novel looks like it was written by someone on drugs lol

dream00 likes this.
  16. gaya98

gaya98 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To me it was an open ending. She is dead. Or she might have been saved.

He didnt wanted her to drink the poison he just wanted her to stay. It was kind a like feeling that you still didnt understood that you love this certain someone till it's too late. He knew he was too late but still hoped she would stay she would choose neither of the wines to drink up. That was what he wanted. But the story shows that it doesnt matter who he is when fate is there nobody can change it unless it is your own self.

If she wanted she could have not drink it and rather stayed in the palace. But she wanted to leave all these shackles. All these connections that painfully bind her self. The way she died may seems blindless and worthless ending. But to me it is the most amazing and the best ending. She was indeedly free. Free from her self and her shackles.

As for him.. I do feels sorry for him. He has everything but still he got nothing. He couldnt understand his own feelings. This story highlights the characteristics of historical men. He wont bow to anyone which led to his own misfortune. This story ending reminds me so much of the chinese drama "Ruyi's Love in the Palace".

17. sharlnina

sharlnina Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was around Chapter 1322-1323 when the emperor admitted that the girl in his heart is Yan Qingying. But he owe his life to Nangong Lizhu regarding on what happened when they were kids. Pei Yuanhao wanted to treat her right when he realized he loves her.

dream00 likes this.
  18. dream00

Reading List:
    Link
    Even so if the daughter asked about how her mother died won't she be with a conflict with her father that's called selfish

In conclusion the story is good however I don't pity her at all she told liu consort that she regretted not taking upon her advice and not plotting and end up where she was raped infertile and losing everyone that she deserved she thought she was smart
    He only one that I pity was the emperor he tried to become better but she was unwilling so to guard her pristine love, who by the way give up on her multiple times, and it was futile because she become an imperial concubine who in the past according to the rules of the palace the should be burried in the garden of the emperor's tomb
    Good scenes in some arcs but it felt like a failed souffle

19. dream00

Reading List:
    Link
    In conclusion I hated the novel because of the MC

I do wonder what will happen if she were saved I hope if it's the case the emperor can spend with her time because he achieved his goal he can just retire and travel the world alongside her that would be the best outcome

20. Gottago

Gottago Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so if he loved the crown princess then why was he trying so hard to keep MC by his side? Also, what happened to the fisherman dude at the end?