LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume that all of Legion are operating separately, but changing their shapes is something they couldn't do easily, Van had to mentally encroach on the more deformed ones, to get them comfortable human forms. So this could be the new ability they told Doug they were gonna try....

KageTokage likes this.
  2. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And finally my waiting was sated........just enough to let my guard down and get smacked royally by Cliffhanger-kun. Dang jerk shows up everywhere.....

CountryMage likes this.
  3. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well from a literary point it should be a god since the status quo has been set. Right now since the Evil God faction has either been killed or rejoined Vida makes Lambda into a Aida or Vida Faction with probably a 7-3 split on Gods so, Futin probably going to get killed soon we need some goes to either defect from Aida or at the very lease go neutral. After the 3 violators die and a batch in Origin die and have to make a choice based on Aida's rules to Rhoncte we should see a weakening of Aida Base so that Idoit God can do well something stupid

4. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is looking like that Goddess of Water and Music(? or Wisdom?) is going to side with Van. I think she woke up from her slumber a while ago and has been observing the world (just like Ricklent and Zuru-chaos dog were doing). Not sure though.

The Raincloud Goddess is definitely showing signs of being Guided by Van at least.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    tkato and diamonds like this.
  5. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Blue_Minnow

Blue_Minnow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man the manga is so good. I am loving the dapper Luciliano, you can easily see him becoming a mad scientist. And Basdia shows why female armor is so revealing, which leads to the best smug face I have ever seen, strait to the boob fight that crushes poor Zadiris. Truly a masterpiece.

Eddy andres likes this.
  7. Blue_Minnow

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyway, sorry if we have already moved past this topic but regarding Alda and his plan:

Imagine that the world falls to nuclear warfare, and at the end only two countries from the old world still exist, Alda and Vida. People exist outside these countries, but with no government or society. They now must decide how to live in this post-apocalyptic world. The Alda country decide to try to get rid of all the nuclear waste, returning the world to the way it was. The Vida country decides to embrace the nuclear fallout and adapt to it. They grow and spread the radiation to fuel their new way of life.
    So you have one trying to remove the radiation and one growing the radiation. Obviously there is a problem. So the Alda country attacks the Vida country, sending their government into hiding.

Now you have one country left on the planet, with a mission to remove all the nuclear waste and kill all the people who grow and spread the corruption. Except now generations have past. No one remembers the old world except in old tomes and folktales. New, small kingdoms have sprouted across the still irradiated wasteland. All the while, the old Vida government has been creating new radiation and building their power to take revenge against the Alda country. And the Alda country still believes they can get rid of the nuclear waste and all the people and technology that depend upon it.

KageTokage likes this.
  8. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All good, until you look beyoundbthe surface to realize that neither side has the manpower, or capabilities to get rid of the waste, so it is one side living in a dream world that they can do something they are not capable of, and another living in reality and undersranding that they can jot undo everything then the need to adapt to rhe new situations.

That and Vida was not spreading the waste, it was everywhere already, it was closer to expanding to areas filled with it.

Eddy andres likes this.
  9. Blue_Minnow

Reading List:
    Link
    The boundary mountain range was made by evil gods pouring their foreign mana into the boundary that keeps the Alda gods out. That's why the mountains are one giant devil's nest. If the evil gods had been purged after the war, they world would probably have been fixed already. Also, she made half monsters that are partially made of foreign mana. That's what I was referring to spreading. Plus the several pure monster nations.

10. Prothvar781

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically by allowing the Evil Gods to join her side and not demanding they all die for the greater good, Vida did help spread the waste. Can’t remember who sited it, think tentacle god, but it was pointed out by merely existing the Evil Gods corrupt mana and produce the type of miasma that generates monsters, monster habitats and even the demons.

11. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    No they aren't, Vida poured all her power into raising the mountains, making that huge range. The Devil's Nests have just been spreading naturally. Also, ironically enough, if they had followed Zakkart's plan, the nuclear fallout of an actual nuke, would have killed off the Devil's Nests on the Dark Continent, and all this would have been cleared up by now.

12. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Not just by existing, it's by staying foreign, they exist on the frequency of the Devil's Nests, it's the way their old world was, but Evil Gods can acclimate to Lambda, like the Tentacle Goddess did.

13. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is part of the promise that gt them to switch sides and fight for lambda in the first place.
    Vida was honoring a promise the was necessary to win the war, Alda the god of law that he is was actively breaking it.

CountryMage likes this.
  14. Jay Corridor

Jay Corridor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna be honest, seeing these two comments one after the other (and only reading like the first sentence of the second) had me going, 'oh, so there's actually an evil god of cliff hangers? Probably the most mildly evil being in the entire world of lamba'.

*Edits:
    Now that I think about it, due to how gods form on earth and origin, cliffhanger-kun is probably an actual evil god. Not a necessarily worshipped one however...

15. Prothvar781

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok that is kinda funny. And in the world of Van-sama I could totally see nicknamed items like Cliffhanger-kun becoming their own evil entities lol

16. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it stated that what the Tentacle Goddess did was like full-body plastic surgery with a low chance of succeeding. She was both daring and desperate enough to allow her offspring to live, that she risked changing into a Heroic Goddess.

17. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, and then there's the Booze God that nearly died permanently, or could have been left as a mindless monster. I guess she's a better example of a successful case, though also a more dangerous method, since she was reincarnated, and is having to regrow her power.

18. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    What I don't understand is how she reincarnated as an elf. Shouldn't regular elves be under Rodcorte's cycle of reincarnation? How did she cheat his system enough to not be detected?

19. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    She cheated Guduranis' cycle first, maybe with Vida's help, who knows...?

20. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As Van has demonstrated it's not that all reincarnation goes through Rodcorte. It's that his system essentially automatically takes the souls of the dead and reincarnates them. Meaning it's entirely possible to reincarnate outside of the influence of his system as long as you have the power to do it without the help of his system.

Additionally, it seems she wasn't so much born as a baby it seems she more or less somehow made herself a body to manifest as (or stole one). Which is something rod's system doesn't do automatically he needs to make that happen on a case by case basis like with the reincarnators.