wmw

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Whiply, Jul 6, 2020.

1. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    i mean arguably its the other way around, RI was well structured, had a well written plot, and the "villain" Fang yuan was only seen that way cuz he didnt conform to societal norms and was a High ended Selfish

The plot of warlock was incredibly hard to follow for 300 ch due to fucking NOTHING happening, more cliche boring shit like magical academies, who ever heard of those right, while RI literally comes up with its own cultivation system, and every single powerup is explained in detail, every move is logical. The mc in warlock is just a cardboard cut out wannabe villain mc inserted in a mega boring plot. At least it wasnt as cringey as Supreme magus

2. Sword of The Fake Monarch

Sword of The Fake Monarch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep in mind that WMW was a pioneer for the ENG CN community. From what I remember, it was the first novel with a Chaotic Neutral/Evil MC. So it was a breath of fresh air. Way before RI.

It’s kinda the same as the situation behind Coiling Dragon. A lot of people love it for being one of(if not the) first CN novels they’ve read. Hence, the memory of it and unique experience becomes more beautiful. Thinking back, it’s actually kinda shitty.

That’s the reason there are people who actually enjoy MGA(which is beyond me how some have stayed for 3000+ chapters).

Whiply and Wujigege like this.
  3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I beg to differ.
    Reverend Insanity is 100 times better.
    Fang Yuan lost

His losses made him grow.
    You expect him to never lose?
    If he never did then the story would be boring.

Just the Chronicles of Ren Zhu makes Reverend Insanity better than WMW.

Reverend Insanity gets better and better.
    I dropped it at chapter 100 but I am glad others here convinced me to continue.
    I have read the first 1,000 or so chapters more than once.
    You say Spring Autumn Cicada is Deux Ex Machina but a chip that solves every problem is fine?
    Haha what a laugh.

The author did not live vicariously through Fang Yuan which made the story mature compared to your average xianxia.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  4. Sword of The Fake Monarch

Sword of The Fake Monarch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, true. Believing that SAC works for no reason is underestimating the author.

I won’t say there is a reason for everything. But it’s up there.

Wujigege likes this.
  5. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    He called the novel Revrant Insanity so I assume that he doesn't have a strong grasp of English.

Unlike Leylin who was evil just to be evil. Fang Yuan had tried the nice guy route and failed horribly.
    You understand him even if you don't agree with his actions.
    To him, he was killing people who were already dead

6. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, the plagiarist is a bad writer. The real MC from the wizard world is the real deal though. The system from WMW took all the fun, basically every problem is solved by the AI and everyone from the reviews are praising the MC as some genius or whatever.

7. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    For me i have read RI completely and WMW maybe i am biased cause WMW is the first novel to satisfy my desire for good mc. RI is just chapters of chapters with nothing happening its so boring that i forced myself to read it just cause of the mc. RI author is definitely creative but that does not make the story good. WMW is written by the plagarist literally but it is better than Wizarld world.

8. ZeroBlink

ZeroBlink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No I don't expect him to win all the time, that was not the topic of the conversation at that point in time. The topic of the conversation was intelligence ,He very quickly becomes plain even more plain than Leylin, He becomes a typical brute. My argument was that training bai ning in the art of deception to that point was Stupid , more stupid than always relying on AI-chip that is a part of your soul certainly. Revealing so much information about himself was stupid. The claim that he is somehow more intelligent that all of the other "clever" characters out there is just a false perception based on the very first act of the story. In fact it's very easy to prove , his crowning achievement in 800 chapters is tricking the spirit detective(technically did get found out) and he technically still died in that situation in the end to unforeseen circumstances. But alas deus ex machina comes in to save him 2nd time and certainly not the last.
    Again I'm not arguing if this is good or bad story telling , this is what happens.

As for Ren Zen stories half of them are filler detracting from the main story. They're great when the MC is weak ,explaining his methodology to the viewer , but later they become invasive almost as much of a chore as 3 page gu infodumps , the lessons become nonsensical.
    If you think Ren Zen is makes RI better than WMW, then I can't even take you seriously...

The chip has never directly saved Leylins life to my knowledge, like Cicida does. Again chip is only relevant for maybe 200 chapters. It analyzes spells and improves alchemy, doesn't have godlike powers like resurrection. In essence AI is a speed cheat and feng yuan has that from the start with his previous life knowledge and experience.

There is no comparison between AI and Cicida , false equivalency fallacy

Finally I didn't argue which book is better. You did and your arguments so far aren't convincing.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha. It's not Ren Zen, its Ren Zhu.

You keep spelling everything wrong, I am doubting your English proficiency.

Ren Zhu's stories are not filler. It's all relevant to the plot.

Also, he was not defeated by Bai Ningbing but by an entire organization.
    Protagonist losing in the first 300 chapters is not a negative its humbling.
    You don't see how weird it is that Leylin from a different world suffers no failures while Fang Yuan who is reliving his life does.
    I have read Reverend Insanity more than once and a lot happened in 800 chapters.
    You are simply lying at this point.
    You are simply either not paying attention or you didn't read to 800 chapters.

WMV got his cheat to help him from chapter 1
    It was a ticking time bomb to Fang Yuan instead.

It is pretty clear that you either didn't read Reverend Insanity or you did not understand it.

The volume summaries here clearly states otherwise

https://reverend-insanity.fandom.com/wiki/Fang_Yuan

I dropped WMV so I won't make things up that didn't happen but let's not pretend like nothing happens in the first 800 chapters of Reverend Insanity.
    Losing to the Spirit Detective was my favorite arc before Reverse Flow Protection Seal

10. ZeroBlink

Reading List:
    Link
    - aka can't make constructive argument , lemme attack your language inefficiency. Even if my spelling is wrong the context should very well be understandable. I am doubting your sincerity.

- hardly , mostly relevant in the beginning acts of the story as I said.

- you clearly haven't read the book. You realize that one point in time he gets cursed and becomes literally nearly completely powerless.
    - in the 3rd act of the story, he doesn't even do anything physically for the duration of the whole arc , because he is injured from battle.
    He operates by influence alone.

I didn't say nothing happens, you must be thinking of some other person. I said it's full of crap and infodumps and is a mess and it slows down to a crawl in terms of ACTUAL story progression, specifically after 600 chapter it gets really bad. There are TOO many characters in different places having things to say. You're away from Fang plot-line for increasingly extended periods of time.

Fang has 600+ yrs of experience , no comparison. Fang is more op out of the getgo. The AI also needs testing and has processing limits , bet you missed that part too eh? In general terms the processing power of the AI is on par with Grade 1 magical talent. About Master level alchemy. As for combat simulation , Leylin can't beat his whole class like Fang can , he takes on at most 2 enemies and fights them indirectly , letting enemies fight among themselves first.
    As far as cheats are concerned it's laughable , compared to the cicada and 600 yrs of experience.

Oh I've read it multiple times, first 300 chapters were great , the moment he creates the first Godlike gu , the writing declines and becomes a complete mess after Northern Realm(the desert)

I also liked it again after 600 I became unable to read the infodump central , I finished at like 900 or so.

11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I can be sure of one thing.
    Your argument is all centered around the fact that Fang Yuan lost to one person.
    I on the other hand believe that losing is required for character growth.

To me his loss improved the story.
    You keep saying Ren Zhu anecdotes are irrelevant to the plot and you stopped at chapter 900.
    As someone who has read the novel to the latest chapter, I believe I am more of an authority on the plot than you are.

You like WMV, its your prerogative. I don't have to like it
    But I would admit something, the first 200 chapters of Reverend Insanity were similar to WMV which is why I dropped it initially.
    I was very happy that it took a different route.

I find it is a shame that you think Ren Zhu's stories are filler. It is the best part of the story in my opinion.

You underestimate how complex Reverend Insanity is.

Maybe you would like Lord of Mysteries which I disdain for worshipping Fate.

12. ZeroBlink

Reading List:
    Link
    Incorrect I made no arguments of my own, I was merely replying to the notion that somehow Fang is more clever than Leylin.
    Which from my perspective isn't necessarily true or false. Especially the fact that he has the AI doesn't make him dumber , you can only say that if you haven't paid attention or didn't read the book.
    I have never stated weather I like RI or not , I was only speaking of certain aspects of the novel in defense of WMW , in reality, I gave Reverent Insanity 5 star for first 600 chapters.

I prefer characters that get their shit pushed in If you want to know my actual opinion. Characters that fail are IN LINE with my story telling ideals, the deus ex cicida isn't tho.

friendly reminder appeal to authority is a fallacy unless you can provide an argument/example. Otherwise it's just boasting.

That's also not it , I feel neutral about WMV. I'm stating the FACT that the AI isn't as much of a cheat(and a stupefying agent) as you'd(or the person I was original speaking to) would like to claim. The AI is strong, but not that strong.
    Quantifiable less op than Fang's previous life knowledge.
    I have my own gripes with WMW.

Had the same "feeling" up until 600 chapters , the moral teachings and illustrations made sense. Later they feel like they're there , because it's a running gag of the story. The fact that multiple people feel like RI became an info-dump central is reassuring me of the fact I'm not wrong , I have to be at least partially right, if many people sensed the change. For me RI is a novel I want to like to the very end. The fact that I can't means something is wrong with the latter part of novel.
    Ultimately I managed to get trough entire WMW and couldn't get trough RI.

13. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    bruhhhhh. u sure u read the same novel as i did?
    legit every 30 seconds theres some scheme and shit

14. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Like i said i have seen it before in WMW and RI is just too slow. It takes him ages to be powerful. 1500 chapters in and he is still weak.

15. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Well thats the fucking point lol, unless its incredibly well done, most OP AF BEAT YO ASS mcs from the start legit stagnate and marinate in a stale plot.
    i respect ur opinion tho

16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Ren Zhu's stories were relevant until the latest chapter as far as I remember.
    I have read more chapters than you have lol.
    It makes me an authority.
    On Spring Autumn Cicada it was used only 5 times in the entire novel.
    Not exactly a reliable cheat. I am sure the A.I. chip was used more than 5 times the first 200 or so chapters.

WMV has its audience but I found it lazy and hypocritical.
    The author is a plagiarist so not a surprise.
    Reverend Insanity is also less wish-fulfillment but I admit it's all about personal tastes.

I just didn't want to read a novel about sex with underaged girls.
    He can use a brothel.

I find it hypocritical how modern men transmigrate and mock the current time while having sex with kids

17. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They absolutely are, even until the end of the raw (2300 chapters) Ren Zhu's stories are still relevant, being shown bits and bits constantly as the story move forward. No idea why you think they wouldn't be relevant when the story show multiple time their effects and how it changed humans/society as a whole.

You can even look it up here: https://reverend-insanity.fandom.com/wiki/Ren_Zu