Discussion Very curious. A question for you guys

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Jul 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Sayne

Sayne if u read this u are a noob

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer theatre cuz it has a better atmosphere but i rarely go to them and mostly watch stuff at home

Coffea to Ell likes this.
  2. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Last movie I saw in a theater was around 4ish years ago. Took my daughter out for her birthday for dinner and a movie. Popcorn, drinks, and snacks cost more then the movie and dinner... to top it off there was a bunch of rude people messing with their phones and talking. So yeah, my vote is the theater's can just wither away.

3. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Where's the poll when you need one?

Well, theater is good because the atmosphere it gives you are really immersive with the screen, sound and stuffs, but watching it at home are also good because I'm kind of an introvert, so it's more comfortable and relaxing without many people around me.

Both have it's strong point, so I don't really care about it

4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I only go to the theatre if a friend of mine invites me to tag along with them. I don't really care about seeing the movie there, so it's mostly just a nice way to hang out with my friends.

5. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless it is 4D, I prefer home.

This way, my cat master can filter out all the movies so that I only watch proper ones.

[​IMG]

So far it's been...

[​IMG]

As it should be...

mir, felidormit and AMissingLinguist like this.
  6. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Either though it depends on the movie!

7. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I barely ever go to movie theaters, don't really see a big difference in the movie watching part itself, so I agree with that feeling a little bit.
    The real magic of the movie theaters for me is that THX sound test right before the movie starts, and right when the lights are dimmed and turned off. It gives people the chills and gets them excited for the movie. (It was actually my favorite part of the whole experience every time)

edit:
    For some reason people on youtube keep saying they were scared of it as kids. Maybe I'm weird. I know I tend to like loud noises that vibrate my lungs slightly without hurting my ears. Awesome feeling. Maybe this is an extension of that.
    If you think you might be similar, I recommend visiting a movie theater at least once to hear the sound test \o

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  8. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally prefer theatres for its atmosphere and social experience. Once in a while, some friends will drag me to watch certain movie premiere with a group of die-hard movie goers (they practically flooded the entire theatre), and it was really fun. You could get lots of acquaintance that way. Watching movies in theatre before eating out with a group or dates is also great, since it could make a great convo starter.

I don't really like to watch movies at home; i get bored easily and there's too much distractions... And I'll also be lowkey paranoid if i watch horror movies alone...although i love horrors... :sweating_profusely:

PomeloCloud and Coffea to Ell like this.
  9. cutiebinkie

cutiebinkie Nuju

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I'd prefer to watch it at home. One, cinema food/snacks are wayyyyy overpriced plus my parents won't take me there all the time because it's too far from where I live.

Ginko Biloba likes this.
  10. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Theaters? no such thing exist in my province the nearest one is from a city which is 100km+ away..... :blobsob:

So yeah most of the time I'm going the pirate way BD's rip~ :blobhero:

11. Ginko Biloba

Ginko Biloba [♤Blackjack Sect Mascot♤] [☆100MB SPAMMER☆]

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually prefer watching in theaters. Seeing all those strangers enjoy the same film the same way you enjoy them is quite fun. Sometimes you might even have strange encounters in the cinema (like that time I met a client at work watching the same film in the same cinema as I or that time they were giving away samples of new awesome products to the movie-goers). There could be some pleasant or unpleasant surprises in the theater...but given the current circumstances I can't really enjoy the cinemas right now....

12. Ginko Biloba

Ginko Biloba [♤Blackjack Sect Mascot♤] [☆100MB SPAMMER☆]

Reading List:
    Link
    You can sneak in some foods from the outside like chips, candies or more chips....just make sure you don't sneak in something smelly.

cutiebinkie and felidormit like this.
  13. felidormit

felidormit probably asleep.

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm a homebody, so i prefer (be a pirate and) watch at home.
    i do watch at the theaters sometimes to socialize with friends.

14. cutiebinkie

cutiebinkie Nuju

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobninja::blobninja::blobninja:

Ginko Biloba likes this.
  15. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TV has become affordable that a general household could buy a 60" HD TV, so yes I'll definitely prefer for new movies to release on streaming platforms and watch them comfortably. The silver screen is great and all, but sometimes it's too dark or the colors ain't that saturated or defined. You also have to settle for the noise and smells, and old theater smells like feet. XD I do love to see others' reactions when I watch a movie I like, so I go to YT afterwards and watch a couple of reactions to satisfy my curiousity.