Discussion What was the most Toxic Fanbase you encountered?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by animefan4004, Jul 31, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, i was just wondering what you'd call religious books in general. Any kind of 'scriptures' that people 'believe to understand' and form their way of life typically has such a response. It's just that the bible itself has already fizzed out most of its flames over the years. They've already had so much shit poured on them they just swallow it.
    Modern world it's more likely to get shanked if you diss feminism, say the 'n' word or whatever than baby jesus.

p.s. the most toxic novel fanbase would be on goodreads where contemporary books are discussed. I had a long discussion on a book about 'female empowerment' which i was initially interested in, except the book turns into a whole 'female sex shop owners are so helpful and trustable and male ones are sleezy and just want to fuck you'.
    Where it's entirely the subjective opinion of the person in that situation, i mean the woman could want to fuck her too you know, but they still undress in front of each other no problem etc.

Any comment you make in a setting like this, will get all the 'fans' joining in and drowning out any voice of reason there was.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    anon likes this.
  2. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is this one manhwa or something that I read. It was about a transexual boy...or girl? (He has a penis but doesn't want it.) Anyway, it was heavily LGBTQ. I made a penis joke there once and everybody lost their shit. lol
    I wasn't angry. I just found it so funny. (It was not any random joke about a penis. It was about him, the transexual kid, having a penis.)

3. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Tokyo Ghoul mostly the funjoishi fangirls or how you spell it. They are so rabid on their fantasies they would attack anyone that against their ship. They even burn the book just cause the main couple sails. I don't understand how they want to force a character to be gay for their sick fantasies.

There also MHA where one twitter attacks the author for drawing swimsuit of female characters but that said person posted lewd pics of male character. Such hyprocisy.... There a lot of toxic fans on MHA. The bigger the fanbase, the more toxic it is.

The RWBY fanbase is the worst since they are blind with criticism and only focus with their ship not the plot. Besides the show itself it toxic since the authors are SJW. God, I miss monthy....

Sabruness and Bloodysin28 like this.
  4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd call it a convenient place for cat master to sits cause he fits.

[​IMG]

Of course unless we are talking about the one true bible...

[​IMG]

Then we must worship it!

WeaselLord likes this.
  5. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    You may find this hard to believe, but I am an atheist agnostic who respects other people’s religious beliefs. My own lack of belief has nothing to do with being edgy or cool, and simply stems from my own personal beliefs. The fact that you are trying to juxtapose religious extremism with the entire atheistic community seems reductive and toxic to me.

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    You are such a dick. :blobpeek:

7. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the toxicity of a fanbase can be guessed by 2 things, 1) how much outsiders spend their time dumping on it (SAO, RWBY as examples), 2) how much you dislike any pushback on your obviously 'genius' level criticism/trolling.

You likely weren't the first to make XYZ comment to them and it was annoying for them to rehash it, (hypothetical) just like your mom told you to clear your room a few thousand times as a kid didn't get less annoying to hear.

Danthefanokaku, WeaselLord and .Lance like this.
  8. Ricelord

Ricelord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    League of Legends, enough said.

9. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You might not be but most of them are. I don't give a shit wether God exists or not because I'm going to hell or meet the eternal void either way. I still think religion is needed because there are too many NPCs that cannot understand morals unless you preach about it once a week.

.Lance likes this.
  10. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, this thread is....something else

11. .Lance

.Lance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I met a killing stalking fan once... and oh god it was so terrible

12. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m pretty sure the majority of atheists and agnostics are like me. Those who are loud about it or toxic are a minority, just as religious extremists are a minority. It’s just, you know, most people who are atheist or agnostic don’t go trumpeting around their lack of belief, because why should they? It’s not like it’s important to their day to day life.

Joker13, anon, aShinyVaporeon and 2 others like this.
  13. HaseoXV

HaseoXV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SAO fanbase who think it's the best vr the first vr chanting like a zealot.
    Or Solo Leveling fan who beg Japanese studio to adapt their shit while SL pretty much racist toward Japan.

14. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    in other words you like harem and ntr novels

Fran.2424 and Danthefanokaku like this.
  15. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I don't like NTR, I don't see anything wrong with liking harem. I lowkey find the hate surrounding harem worse than a bad harem novel.

16. Reak

Reak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Korean novels aimed at female audience, they are so toxic that they go to the author's twitter to scold her or even report translation sites to Korean publishers

Danthefanokaku likes this.
  17. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    This damn poll Became toxic so fast lol.Talk about irony.

18. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we go back to the discussion at hand?

The last thing we need is for a thread talking about toxic fanbases to turn toxic itself.

Fran.2424, anon, runsing and 2 others like this.
  19. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    You have Korean celebrities committing suicide due to online harassment.

I don't know if you can attribute it to Koreans in the diaspora attacking you but it won't be the first time.

You are really underestimating the power of online harassment.

Then again you have anonymity on your side unlike Tablo

https://stanfordmag.org/contents/the-persecution-of-daniel-lee

I react violently to cowards who harass people online like you saw in World Apocalypse Online LCD.

The world is cruel enough. We don't need people to transfer aggression and use others as a venting medium for their shitty lives

20. JerryHatrick

JerryHatrick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like humans are just toxic. It has nothing to do with what the thing is but rather the number of people who like Thing A vs the number of people who dislike Thing A compounded by something that's similar and the number of people who like Thing B vs the number of people who dislike Thing B.
    Like rubbing two pieces of sandpaper or whatever together. More people is like having a larger surface area and a larger surface area means more friction. Friction creates heat and enough heat creates fire. In the case of witch hunts and riots it's literal.

anon and Wujigege like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.