LCD Legend of the Great Saint

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by IRainstorm, May 6, 2017.

1. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think after this Arc he will have enough strengh to figth the sect master and the other two grannys of the rain something somethig sect. I think he will use his guard form persona again and enter the school in his normal, no giant sized persona, with the little girl as his sister or something.

2. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel updates page states the raw is on hiatus. Does anyone have any info on this? I hate to start novels that won’t be finished.

Paps likes this.
  3. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know, try to contact the translator.

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Guessing he's trying to escalate a war between humans and daemons for some reason. Also the whole 'all daemons must die' , maybe he's enemies with that Gu girl that's half daemon as well.

5. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that by now is obvious he want to lead a Daemon general to the surface so he can figth it openly, why that is I don't know.

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, and if it does, it'd be breaking the 'agreement' and would give them reason to start a war. Which would allow him to openly kill anything daemon related as well. He's just a pawn.

Someone is aiming at a female he knows. Either the owner of the cat or the half daemon girl.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Paps likes this.
  7. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think is the Half demon hawk commander!!!!!

elengee likes this.
  8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    This will be interesting, with the purple sword wielder probably joining mc's side.
    I'm wondering if there's a chance that she recognized his voice at all, or gets the hint of 'Niu' (ox) as a name later on.
    What i'm hoping is that he'll ask her to join the sword sect thingy and she'll value friendship and be like no i'm going with my friend, even with the friend's brother being like 'it's better if you go with him'. Because she'll also expect 'niu' going to that school.

Interesting how the 'fated' partner is the reason she almost got killed, not to mention that he only came after our MC awakened her to her destiny and saved her multiple times to begin with. There's a high chance the dude will die and the sword will go to the hua girl, that'd be funny, not likely but funny.

I'm thinking there'll be some ultimate sword they have locked up that's demonic in nature too, and it chooses xiao an or something later on.

Anyway, from the last chapter we can see that his 'goal' was the core specifically and not just the fight or a war. Wondering if it's just for greedy cultivation resources or if he needed to make some medicine, since he specifically targeted miliped as seen by knowing how to lure him out with certain scents.

Paps likes this.
  9. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that would be a really interesting development. I like the plot device the author threw us with this, it makes her a prominent character but doens't necesarely throws her at MC completely, she still has optoin to choose so we can't be fully sure whaere she is going. Now I think the author also threw us the reason MC and brother bull meet, could it be it was devined that he was the better choice for the dual cultivation?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    aabbaa and elengee like this.
  10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    This makes it possible that milliped was specifically targeted for his potential to be used as a material to create a superior poison, one that could kill a cultivator of a high rank.

Also, wondering if that 'daemon chick' in red, was the daemon king or whatever that told him to get back down when he was living the good life and eating near the human realm. He's too simple to be a subordinate, so i guess he'd be like a sibling and she's also a poisonous daemon. Like an elder sis or something.

edit;
    so for for big-sis daemon. more like a gothic loli psycho archetype or something. Too bad she'll get stomped for this. I like how 'loyal' the daemons are after such a short time though, at least the lower ranking ones. I'm guessing her 'spider' nature also makes her more vicious than the typical daemon so higher ranked ones might be fine. (like that dragon king?)

Pffft, all this asskisser wants is to get in their good books. Anyway, it's quite the opposite as they're going against MC and his hawk waifu. Not to mention brother bull stomping on their ancestor. What i'd like to see next is her showing a strong personality and determination and the sword just flying off to her.

Wondering why that green sword is an eye-sore to hawk waifu. As she's a half daemon and that sword sect is looking for war against daemons, maybe the previous holder slayed her parent or at least they fought.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Paps likes this.
  11. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they are an eyesore becuase they are fermenting conflict while the Hawk chick is interested in preserving the peace, now he is back at the 'police' force again and ready to star kicking some more ass in there, I hope he does get to properly enter the school.

12. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad Millipede survived.

Paps likes this.
  13. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, now lets see how high he can gt on the new school arc.

14. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    He got challenged to a tea party. :blobhero:

The translator is fucking weigh the heights though. Using meters to describe a 'giant'
    Wow, those are some short people. Also then he goes to 'feet' describe MC again. Who was already over 50 feet before chugging on all those pills and having 'grown'.
    It's hard to trust anything size related in this translation.

15. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    Sizes and distances, any numbers really, are always changing randomly in a lot of translations. Really grinds my gears.

Pipipingu, Paps and elengee like this.
  16. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess we can mostly blame the obscure chinese measurements, like 'half an incense stick' of time and a lot of similar things 'the time it takes for a cup of tea'.
    I guess translators often use the sizes that come out from the translation machine, but English(UK) and English(US) options might vary in many occasions.
    Then if they use the US one but they live in a UK zone, they'd guesstimate the size in metric system. Like that giant would've been '>3' meters, like maybe they say it that way in the original language but it'd mean 4. If he was 4 'meters' that'd be almost 3 people's height.

Kind of like how with time you'd say 'half past 11' and people end up translating it into 'half twelve'. Certain nuances are just not properly done unless you're a native speaker in both languages. Like with ISSTH , deathblade i believe it was? was very accurate and consistent, but with the increasing community size and people cashing in (*cough* wujigege *cough*) the usage of machine translation has sky-rocketed.

Paps likes this.
  17. Pipipingu

Pipipingu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah mb with the units of measurement. It's quite difficult to get the exact measurement, unless I start using recursive decimals or pinyin and butcher the readability of the translation. The imperial system doesn't convert to the metric system perfectly, so I'm basically trying to take advantage of this, but I guess it doesn't float your boat.
    If you have any better ideas with translating these units of measurement, do let me know. It's been bugging me for a while too.

EDIT: Actually, you're right. Thank you for spotting this error for me. In the raws, the author wrote that the giant lumberman was 一丈多高. A 丈 is composed of 10 尺, which is approximately a third of a meter, or a foot (albeit quite a rough approximation). 一丈多高 means over a 丈 (or 10 尺, so 10 feet or 3.33 meters) tall. He could easily be 11 尺 or 12 尺 (12 尺 is basically 4 meters, so just like what you said). I was a little too conservative with my estimate of his height. The translation has been changed to fix this.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    aabbaa, parsaj, elengee and 1 other person like this.
  18. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great work in the last two chapter.

19. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the chaps.

Paps likes this.
  20. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it was the first time i noticed it just because the giant's size used meters for the first time and was a bit off. Typically, it doesn't really matter how large mc is exactly as long as we just thing he's 'humongous' and 'reaches the ceiling with his horns' we can visualize it.
    Not to mention that even the initial author might not clearly remember how large he made mc and describe him as having grown but use the same measurements.

It's just important that you use one standard though, feet or meters. Also makes it easier to compare that giant to mc's form for instance.
    Giant being like 15 feet and MC over 50.
    Typically we don't really mind how 'accurate' a translation is, just that it's consistent. So far you've been doing a good job, or i wouldn't be reading this right now.

This is one of the stories where i felt that previous translators didn't live up to the potential of the novel which made me stop reading it.
    So far all the cultivation related things and even the MC's philosophies have been translated with great accuracy. (which is more important than size).

Just getting the he/she genders and not swapping names about who's saying what already puts your translation quality ahead of half the novels on here.

Pipipingu and Paps like this.