Discussion Asians, how do you feel about this video? Link inside

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ATrueStory, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Ginko Biloba

Ginko Biloba [♤Blackjack Sect Mascot♤] [☆100MB SPAMMER☆]

Reading List:
    Link
    *Beats you using the same fork you use to eat rice* WHYYY??!?!?! SPOON HAS BEEN INVENTED ALREADY SO WHY?!?!?!?! WHY CHOOSE FORK?!?!?!?!

This fish is triggered :blobcat_hyper::blobcat_hyper::blobcat_hyper:

2. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    *ugggh starts choking* don't know when and why I using them I used to eat with spoon though :blob_grin:

Ginko Biloba likes this.
  3. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol! I think its how the cutlery is handled. You can use knife and fork or a fork by itself but you generally dont use a fork and spoon together. Also when eating dishes like Teryaki chicken bowl or something similar, it is easy to just pick one and eat with that and fork usually seems like the best choice.

imK and Clumsy Soul like this.
  4. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I ever cooked our rice like that, my dad wouldn't think twice disowning me and gutting me alive. Especially dad insanely love rice, and it's a requirement to eat it at least twice a day.

Like holy hell mate, was that rice even properly cooked because it was still wet AF

5. brigs11

brigs11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on the rice. I'm not sure about elsewhere but American "Enriched" rice is prewashed, other variants aren't. Washing enriched rice will wash off the nutrient powder they dust it with.

asriu and kkchaitu like this.
  6. Ginko Biloba

Ginko Biloba [♤Blackjack Sect Mascot♤] [☆100MB SPAMMER☆]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uuuuhhhh......actually here in my country spoon and fork are generally used together. If you wanna cut the meat you are eating you can use the spoon

Fulminata likes this.
  7. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Not washing the rice? Sacrilegious! Heresy! Goddang, it makes me want to go there, smack her head, and teach her how to properly cook a goddang rice. This has triggered me to the highest!

8. Boogiepop_PK

Boogiepop_PK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SPOON, DID YOU SAID SPOON!!!!!!

*Beats you using the same SPOON you use to eat rice* WHYYY??!?!?! CHOPSTICK HAS BEEN INVENTED ALREADY SO WHY?!?!?!?! WHY CHOOSE SPOON?!?!?!?!

I am triggered by a fish:blobhyperthink:

Ginko Biloba, imK and FranckOA like this.
  9. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting. May I ask where you are from? Also how does that spoon look? Is it a knife in the disguise of a spoon? . Seriously though, shouldn’t it be tough to cut meat with a spoon?

10. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the same as mine >~<. Exception could be made if you're at some fancy restaurant, but in general, you eat everything with spoon and fork. That includes meat, fish, noodle, soup, and rice-based dish :blobsmilehappyeyes:

imK likes this.
  11. flamingorangesoof

flamingorangesoof Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasted 5 minutes of my life on that shit. This makes me feel better about my cooking

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh that interesting~
    here there two step~
    first boil da rice like rice cooker but only to state half cooked then you steam it~ for traditional way it steamed with hmm natural filtering? usually from bamboo~

that da gist of it.... well this cat mother, aunty and some older generation have no need to stir da rice when boiled cuz well da experience on how much water required, how big da flame and for how long approximates cooking on two ways on different league~
    similarly cooking rice on traditional rice cooker aka just boil da rice~ after period of time cooking on medium heat hmmm hard to say depend on how much you cook put da pot on small fire? on old way when cooking still use wood the mother know when reduce da heat.... experience on different league~ thats why this cat kinda puzzled why people stir da boiled rice when first time see it cuz this cat mother and aunty not goes that step but still have same result~

well that remind this cat back on high school camping trip only this cat know such way among student side while da teacher thumb up~
    yeah different environment bring different way~

kkchaitu likes this.
  13. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO Uncle Roger! I received a bunch of random messages with that video from family and friends on SNS after it went viral :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:
    Anyway, I couldn't bring my rice cooker to the US so I use a saucepan. On an electric stove.
    And there's Japanese Musenmai which is no wash rice so... yeah, sometimes you don't need to wash it. :blob_patpat:

14. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    This kind of videos have been popping up in my suggested videos on YT recently, and frankly speaking, it's very annoying.

And do you kno that there is such a thing as cauliflower rice? What a blasphemy!

15. Number One Dumpling

Number One Dumpling 『Mrs. Bread's』『hibernating』

Reading List:
    Link
  16. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he is from Italy ?
    Many italian pasta and some risotto are eaten with a fork and a spoon (especially the one with long noddles).

17. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Me looking at least two sacks of rice in our kitchen*
    *doesn't help when two fo your grandfathers were rice farmers*

QUOTE="kkchaitu, post: 5749665, member: 46530"]So guys, what do you think of when you hear “Asia”. There are so many countries in the continent called Asia I am not sure why you would club everything together. This seems to be a very popular thing these days. [/QUOTE]

Are you forgetting a /s at the end? Apparently I cant ask the group of people in teh site who eat rice as a staple...Unless you're part of the only Asians who eat rice...

It's fine if you're not offended. The thing with the video it could have been improved by stating what rice it was. The reply I quoted above explains there is a type of rice which was treated and the reason why it can be cooked without washing. Even your method mentions washing, which means it's type that is normally sold.

Cooking is an art and it does convey personal styles of the cook. That I could agree. However, food is also a symbol of culture and identity. There are dishes you can cook at your discretion but if you put butter in a carbonara, I don't know many Italians would agree with you that it still carbonara. Same with putting beef in Indian dishes, pork in Arab food.etc. Some people scoff at food being purist but don't also realize that food has roots and it does undermine the culture where it originated. That's my IMO.

Grandpa says no more two washes or it's just wasting grains.

Same, Some days, I even mess up the rice. On those days, everyone is sure to be mad.

I will pretend I didn't read cauliflower rice. It sounds bad already.

That's my gut feeling, coming from making undercooked rice.

18. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel about the same when I see people drinking tap water. I know that its okay, most of the time, but I just dont like the idea.

19. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once, a friend fed me microwave rice.

I chewed that rice twice, took a sip of water, and spit on his face.

He wasn't my friend anymore.

Jokes aside, any self-respecting Asian would execute that woman without a second thought for committing crimes against rice.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  20. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is pretty standard way to cook rice in India except we do wash rice first(may be chef had already washed rice. Their are 2 way to cook rice
    1) one just scene in video -just boil in water until they can be easily chewed then remove excess water. resultant boiled rice can be eat in many way like just with curd or sauce or with butter and sugar or with curry or cooked vegetable or just make fried rice as in video.
    2) Use pressure cooker(or rice cooker) - put water in cooker and boiled rice. result is pretty much same but it take practice to use enough water just right with no excess water. they can be eaten with above mentioned dishes.