LCD Isaac

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Raneday, Mar 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. -000

-000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Next chapter is out.

2. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so much refreshing! Such carnage is making me a demonic turncoat!

Alice Henituse likes this.
  3. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Training: survive the terrorist.

Alice Henituse, Elkon and RealSaMu like this.
  4. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm that's just how I've imagined how Isaac would train them

5. leeways

leeways Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sir Isaac Degurechaff at your service

jingidibilli, echoiz and LWolf like this.
  6. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh as crazy as the rusted silver is she didnt have a single casualty in her training program.

7. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Weak, we at evil HQ use empire style bombardment

Elkon and RealSaMu like this.
  8. leeways

leeways Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and at empire we didn't give protection coat to cadets, we gave them fucking shovels

9. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    So... Rivelia knows he's very experienced with guns, and freaks out when he might've killed one of them with one of the more destructive ones?

How the hell does she think they would actually beat the invaders if they expect someone to 'miraculously' eliminate every single machinegun after they perhaps killed ONE of them?

The Emperor or Mazelan themself said, they relied on numbers to win.

Isaac is just trying to create troops who wouldn't falter even under withering enemy fire.

Rivelia might be a good commander in more civil battles, but in a world vs world situation, she's too naive.

Alice Henituse, echoiz and Elkon like this.
  10. tsc_gotl

tsc_gotl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you'd read the newest chapters there's a quote from Bernard Werber talking in a Korean conference.

Here's the whole quote from Bernard Werber translated straight from French: "The objective of living, is to find out why one was born, and what one should do. A lacking life is when you does not tries to make yourself happy, but when you spent your life trying to make others happy. Trying to make your parents happy, trying to make your teachers/professors happy, trying to make your boss happy, trying to make your wife, your girlfriend happy, trying to make your children happy, and in the end you never get to indulge yourself. If you (the audience) wants to remember this conference, please go home, get a pen and paper, write out a list of little things that makes you really happy, for you only. In your life, at least once please ask yourself the question "What do I want? What do I really want?", not "What do I want to make others that I love/like happy?" but "What do I truly want, for me?".

In this case he used "une vie ratée" which is more along the sense of "missing out on life" than its usual "failed" meaning. From my interpretation based on what I've listened from that vid, he's not saying life is failure if you live your life for others, it's more like you're missing out in life if you don't live for yourself, too. Same with using "satisfy" since the word he used was "faire plaisir", which is more along the line of "please" and "make somebody happy" rather than "satisfy", there's a stronger connotation/implication of being controlled by others to "satisfy" while what Werber wanted to criticize is when you yourself are proactively "trying to please".

Hope that makes things clear. Tho my translation is subjected to my own bias too, so if another French speaker can give their take on it that'd be great.

HC, echoiz and Elkon like this.
  11. Concernedcitizen

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Concernedcitizen

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay...

If there is a conspiracy as described in the chapter, then to find it I would start looking for who's in charge of the equipment once it leaves the forbidden lands, where probably a part of it goes missing 'randomly', or the ones that willingly send the most people to become part of the garrison, or the ones who've seemingly benefited the most from various problematic people joining the garrison.

14. Pyrenose

Pyrenose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone. Editor here. I don't seem to be getting notifications for this thread (for some reason, even though it's watched). But I will be on here periodically to read some of your discussions and feedback about the series. One thing that I've been doing is making extensive use of editor notes (EDNs) and translator notes (TLN) to sort of explain some terminology. Right now, I use it for a lot of things (e.g. explaining what Humvees are in the latest chapter), but I do understand that it can really interrupt the reading experience. If you guys have any opinions (even if it is the status quo or somewhere close to it), let me know!

jingidibilli and Seinha like this.
  15. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Try putting it all on the beginning of the chapter

Pyrenose likes this.
  16. Seinha

Seinha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fine for me with the current style

Pyrenose likes this.
  17. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm fine with the current style, but if you want to avoid interrupting immersion, number all the tl notes at the bottom and put a hyperlink number at the spot of the story where they're Relevant.

Pyrenose likes this.
  18. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the release speed got 3x slower. it used to be 1ch/5 days then it turned to 1ch/2wks

19. echoiz

echoiz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to ignore the translation notes because I roughly know what's going on without it, it is helpful but I can easily ignore it and it doesn't impede my reading experience because Isaac has my film attention. But for those who cant filter and it does lead them to confused you could leave a little hyperlinked number above the word/phrase you want explained and once they click it the ones who want to know will be led to the explanation at the bottom of the screen or keep reading

Pyrenose likes this.
  20. Concernedcitizen

Reading List:
    Link