I think I'd be content with staying single my whole life

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UnGrave, Jul 31, 2020.

1. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been thinking lately about the future. I used to have a lot of motivation to try dating people, perhaps flirt around at social events, and generally try my best to fulfill my social obligations to get married at some point, but after 5 months of minimal social contact with anyone outside my family, I think my mentality on the subject has changed.

I have been feeling a sense of freedom like I've never had before, where I can wave off most nagging or expectations from those around me with the simple yet powerful defense of "but the pandemic". It's truly liberating to simply not worry about any of that, and I don't have any feelings of longing for something like that. I'm very content to just read a funny and idealistic romance manga here and there.

Will I regret it when I'm old? Maybe. Perhaps once I've become an arch wizard, not having to support a family or anything I'll wish I'd tried harder, or actually cared about finding something of that sort. However, from what I can see right now, this feeling of freedom is great and I want to keep it up for a long time.

2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link

True freedom is being a human slave of cats.

[​IMG]

3. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup the pandemic is making me more introverted that I'm starting to not know how to communicate with people lol.

4. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link

Skips to 2:50 if you don't want to watch the buildup.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  5. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    I was already an introvert but these past few months i haven't had a nice long convo with my friends. So now i have become extra introvert and i am liking it this way :blobpats:

6. kuroba

kuroba Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well as an Introvert myself. I think this #stayathome is a blessing.

7. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick ques- Do people also ask you to open a bit more or you'll be left alone? :blobthinkingsmirk:

reagents 11 likes this.
  8. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once you had too much of what you're enjoying now, you'll realize how boring your lifestyle is. It maybe a year from now or a couple more years, but you'll get there. Not giving a shit is a double edged sword, you either grow better by doing the things you love or remain stagnant and rot. So you could always learn more skills as you stay away from society, so you have a backup plan once you get horny and ready to mingle again.

9. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I also like how I don't even have to see food home delivery guys anymore... they just leave it at the door for me to pick up.

10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I think that fulfilling your social obligations is a big pain and whoever tries to force those on you needs to rethink their life... Like, geez, it's your life, you should have control over it.

That said, I dunno if jumping from "I'm happy that I'm not forced to fulfill social obligations" to "I'm fine not getting married" is a bit too much of a stretch, like uhn...

Well, I guess it depends on each person, but I personally want to get married, and I'm 100% sure that I will adopt some children in a few years. It's something I absolutely won't give up on, and whoever I marry will have to deal with that.

It's just uhn... Well, I think it's nice to build a life together with someone? To have someone right by your side when you need, and to be by their side when they need you... To learn more and grow through life together and stuff... I dunno, this feels really nice to me.

I guess what I feel like is more along the lines of... You shouldn't feel forced to date and/or get married, this is stupid. But that doesn't mean you need to go at the complete opposite way and decide to be single either... I think it makes more sense to just give time to time and go at your own pace I guess? If things go well, great! If not, then there is still time for them to go well.

Well, it's your life at the end of the day, so you do you. I just think it makes more sense to ignore the "social obligation" aspect of it altogether and instead simply try enjoying life for what it is, and searching for a partner should only happen if it comes from you, not because you feel forced by your surroundings.

_BlissCity_ likes this.
  11. Irlin-senpai

Irlin-senpai I ain't got a Clue(-chan)

Reading List:
    Link
    I never thought I would ever marry in the first place. I always though I would adopt a child later on if I want something of a family. But even that may not be necessary since we are a big family here and I would have many nieces and nephews whether I want it or not anyway.

mir, imK and _BlissCity_ like this.
  12. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    If your happy and not doing anything illegal then keep doing it bud. Thats my only piece of advice.

mir and imK like this.
  13. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Incels are triggered by this thread.

Arash1 and UnGrave like this.
  14. _BlissCity_

_BlissCity_ head above the clouds

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't believe how similar we are :blobokhand:. Actually I already have a plan in life.
    1. Get Rich.
    2. Make my family happy.
    3. Adopt a cute little girl with features similar to IU and another pretty little girl with western-like model features.
    4. Live a happy life filled with cuteness and fluff :blobmelt: *extremely satisfied****

Welp. The main point is I get rich ofc:blobexpressionless: or else, instead of good food I might eat dirt and dust... =_=

UnGrave likes this.
  15. Hanimchie

Hanimchie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

I approve 100%!!!

UnGrave likes this.
  16. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, I'll just stay here at my home watching Hololive, Nijisanji(getting to that once I have good net), and playing games.

UnGrave likes this.
  17. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Which nijisanji? did you watch Ars's 3d debut this morning?

MrSplashy likes this.
  18. Eclat123

Eclat123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too. Relationship is so taxing at times. It literally drains my energy to maintain that level of intimacy, and there's no guarantee that it'd work out. Honestly I'd rather stay with my pile of books

_BlissCity_, Fulminata and UnGrave like this.
  19. bluemoi

bluemoi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The importance is that your still enjoying yourself, without an companion. You still have time to date, or go to social gatherings in future. If you ever do want a family, it's never to late to make a move.

20. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Only watching Ui-mama because of Subaru(Donald Duck) and she sounds like Watame-ojichan. Though right now I am taking suggestions which one to watch atm since I am mostly a Hololive dude.

UnGrave likes this.