Recommendations True path to magic

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by redleaf97, Jul 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I like magic book, I love it. I've read tons of magician/wizard stories. But half of it bring me disappointment, because the main character deviate from their path. Like main protagonist suddenly become OP in martial arts... the other one was like suddenly have bloodline advancement.

Bad example: Advent of the Archmage, The Book Eating Magician.and The Wizard World, A Wizard's Secret

Give me something that main protagonist stay true to his path and preferably MC that have elemental magic. Also I am not a fan of illusion magic, just feel like its just an illusion not magical.

Example of Mc that stay on his path until the end: end of magic era( but the stories was rather annoying as they have repetitive plot)

Best example: 2000 years of magic history in my head

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    kingSlayer033 likes this.
  2. HafidzM

HafidzM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. skyfall3250

skyfall3250 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. AkaNoOu

AkaNoOu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Lawlyeth

Lawlyeth [Gorrila Warfare Expert]

Reading List:
    Link
  6. AbsoluteNothingness

AbsoluteNothingness Lumen De Aurora

Reading List:
    Link
    Coincidentally I'm currently reading one right now, name is- When a Mage Revolts. TL is also finished(some parts are really shit, such as incorrect tenses and terms changing abruptly)

7. 8theaven

8theaven Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like the magical aspect of the idea of magic where everything is bizarre and wonderful then I would recommend Lord of Mysteries. There's no generic aspect of "magic" as we know it but the magic system is really cool and honestly a refreshing take since reading the same magic system is rather boring. If you prefer the four element type of magic with a touch of comedy then I would recommend Experimental Logs of the Crazy Lich where the magic is more diverse than just "Earth Wall", "Fire Barrier" or "Ice Spear". Each of the characters have their own individual magical skills which are all really interesting. Beginning after the End is good in the beginning, but like it goes down after a bit since the author is trying to stretch the story and creating really complicated conflicts beyond what they should be. I would personally recommend reading it until you don't want to read it and just drop it imagining your own ending.

Ran ahzu and Fulminata like this.
  8. eyeZach90

eyeZach90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Ran ahzu likes this.