Discussion Preferred Grandchild.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Arrynne, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Arrynne

Arrynne 『Bubo scandiacus』『Owl in NEED of Saving』

Reading List:
    Link
    So I came across a novel where it was discussed that Grandmothers prefer their grandchild specifically their grandson from their sons because of the lineage.

Let's be real, many people would disagree but I'm pretty sure most grandparents have a favorite grandchild.

In my case, My paternal grandmother is more inclined to spoil the grandchildren from her female daughters, I know this because I grew up with 6 male cousins, all of them came from my two aunts, and they all get to choose first before I can get my turn.
    Then there's my maternal grandmother, who basically spoiled me from birth. My uncle has a son 12 days older than me he invited his mother a month prior, my grandmother who was living in the province did not go to the city even when my uncle insisted. My mom didn't tell anyone she was pregnant with me, about 3 days before she gives birth she tells my grandmother that she was going to give birth soon my grandmother immediately went to the city.

I know this might sound weird, I don't know about other families or culture, but apparently grandmothers usually prefer their grandchildren of their daughters than of their sons. I can't vouch for other families, but most people I spoke about this agree with me.

Let me know your thoughts.

RRat and otaku31 like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I wouldn't know since I was the favorite of both of my grandmothers. But don't let that make you feel inferior; not everyone has my innate charm, after all! :blobpats:

Blitz, felidormit, Kiki0246 and 5 others like this.
  3. RRat

RRat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My granma is kinda mean sometimes. She doesn't spoil or coddle me at all, but I think she cares deep down. I think.:blobsweat_2:

Arrynne likes this.
  4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    All of my grandparents died before I was born, and I had no one of their level of seniority in my life. But typically, there seems to be a pattern.

Fulminata, Arrynne and imK like this.
  5. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    It's entirely 100% possible if you really the only grandchild

otaku31 and Arrynne like this.
  6. Fran.2424

Fran.2424 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in my case I can say that my paternal grandmother prefer the eldest of all of her grandchildren, who is a male... But it was more about him being a lot better than the second grandchild (honestly is not that he is good is just the second grandchild is trash), the fact that he is the first, that he is a male, that he is a doctor, and that he is the one to have more contact with her...

From my maternal grandmother I guess she didn't say it but her favorites must have been my old cousin just because she almost raise her... So I guess is more about how much time they spend together and how good they are

Arrynne likes this.
  7. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    nope, my family is probably the wierdest, they prefer someone child, tho they're descendants more smarter (class prodigy) and so on...etc
    they did that solely to make them not conceited, so they'd rather praised wild child from neighbour than you

Arrynne likes this.
  8. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I think were aren't doted nor whipped by our grandparents. My gramps was a military man as he began to tell his exploits on the wars as he sometimes preach his words on how to be kind and respect the seniors.

My grandma at first treated me as a daughter(because she had a blurry vision) and so began to teach me how to seduce guys.

So, not only did i became nice, respectful of my seniors and smile at every difficulty in life, i also learned how to seduce guys as well. Go figure. :blob_grin::blobsleepless::blobastonished:

Arrynne likes this.
  9. Master

Master [Old Pervert] [Grandmaster]

Reading List:
    Link
    one time i saw my grandma sneeze pasta out her nose

ExcitableFoci, Fran.2424 and Arrynne like this.
  10. RenAshdoll

RenAshdoll God of the Wired

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek: His Parent really should get more children to spread the branch, or get more concubine so they can spread the seed faster

said every Antagonist grandparent

Arrynne likes this.
  11. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, all my cousins and I are female, so Grandma had no grandsons. As for who was the favorite, I honestly don’t know. She died when I was too young to know that sort of thing. I do know that my Grandma loved me very much, and when I grew older I found out from my mom that she was a really s—ty parent to my mom, and that her favorite kids were one of my uncles and my aunt. Don’t know how that affected the grandkid ranking, although I know she did die while holding photos of my uncle’s kids.

As for my other grandparents, they were all dead before I was born.

Arrynne likes this.