BEST ORIGINAL FREE NOVELS ONLINE

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by sleib, Aug 1, 2020.

1. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/12251/the-adventures-of-einarr-stigandersen/
    This is one of the best on this website ever...for now judging by the first 30 chaps. The author not having more followers is a crime.
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21220/mother-of-learning
    This too is one of the best on this website ever...it's complete
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/1439/forgotten-conqueror
    Some older readers might remember this.
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/28307/the-zombie-knight-saga
    Again, this one is really good.
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/11209/the-legend-of-randidly-ghosthound/
    If you have not heard of this you just don't read a lot of novels online. The best high fantasy with "system" for me. If you enjoy action and high fantasy this is for you. It has 1200+chaps

Newer ones (imho not at the same level as the one above for now):
    https://www.scribblehub.com/series/69701/unfathomable-senior/
    I liked it because MC is not psycho and humor is pretty good.
    https://www.scribblehub.com/series/10442/world-keeper/
    This is not kingdom building but worldbuilding, not about emperor or king but about godlike being. The concept is interesting for me and the author is improving. It has a lot of chapters.

Guys if you know some good free novels online recommend below.

Kiss and Klazy Labbit like this.
  2. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sleib likes this.
  3. earthdrake

earthdrake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do agree with many of yours but there are a few more that you could see.
    Mother of learning, forgotten conqueror, world keeper, randidly ghosthound +1 (read all and they are great).
    Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality http://www.hpmor.com/
    fanfic that makes Hatty actually smart and it's EXCELLENT and complete.

Chrysalis 500+ chapters
    Reincarnated as an ant in a dungeon planet. Funny with some dark undertones. Incredibly good.

He Who Fights Monsters 200+ chapters
    Also reincarnation in a world with powers. Protagonist has no cheat and quite a few problems. Not a shonen or for those who want fights and constant action.

A Jaded Life 300+ chapters
    Protagonist enters into a game to play and you see her travels, quite dark, has funny moments (the forum chapters are usually super funny).

Human Alteres 40+ long chapters.
    Following those old "Humans are weird", "Humans are Space Orc" and "You don't know you are from the death planet till you leave it" posts there are several disjointed chapters of humans interacting in space.

Wake of the Ravage 180+ chapters
    Protagonist in a world with a system, no cheat, Smart protagonist, funny, tons of references (that the protagonist doesn't catch).

And finally
    Andur's tales link
    Dude has several finished and completed novels about reincarnators along different lives. Some they remember past lives, some don't, in a few they are gods, in other humans that ascend and in others just powerful but neither gods nor reincarnators.
    They can be read in any order but I recommend start with Until Death (old version), then the others, then Until Death (Refleshed) and then the current one.
    EDIT:
    Oh yeah. The Snake Report, has 2 finished books. First one is funny and dark, second one is funny, dark, more dark, grim dark, funny and well... you should read it.

sleib and KageTokage like this.
  4. ShimizuA

ShimizuA the best teacher is Life.

Reading List:
    Link
    Worm. one of the trend setter in western webnovel world.
    The Wandering Inn. One of the longest running webnovel.
    Azarinth Healer. Good power progression.

pkhyber, sleib and Seraphic like this.
  5. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    sleib likes this.
  6. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WOW, this took awhile... :sweating_profusely:

Super Minion
    A bio-weapon goes rogue and tries to fit into society. So it finds a job... as a supervillain's henchman. Lots of humor.
    Second Life as the Sister of a Goddess
    The author does a great deal of research on mythos and fairytales. A much more serious story than the title may imply.
    The Oscillation
    Some humans are changed into different species after a strange event. Contains both great action & character growth/acceptance. There is a non-profanity version for people who don't like reading swearing. :blobhero:
    RE: Trailer Trash
    Drama, sort of slice-of-life story. Very good story. I dropped it because of the slow releases when the book first started, but now that there are more chapters I might get back into it.
    The Humble Life of a Skill Trainer
    The author's best work by far. The MC is part of a powerful, yet oppressed organization. Very analytical and interesting monologues. Like how he observes farmers magically speeding up crop growth, but mentions how ironic it is that both the farmers and mages fiercely deny it to be magic. :hmm:
    Simulacrum
    The guy is trapped is some type of simulation or fake world and tries to find out what's going on. Features a lot of clichés and romantic comedy scenarios.
    Blue Core
    Kingdom building and magic powers and dungeons, OH MY! Also, Consentacles. (y)
    There is no Epic Loot here, Only Puns.
    A MUST READ! Lots of puns! Wacky monsters and characters! A surprisingly deep plot. Finally, a good-hearted dungeon core MC named Delta. blobmelt_thumbs
    The Abyssal Dungeon
    Everyone knows how it is to go through a water dungeon! Now watch them suffer!! :blobpeek:

Fulminata and sleib like this.
  7. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of randidly is a joke bro, im not even the only person to say this, half the reviews are hatin, its fucking bad
    -world keeper fucking boring, nothing happens, its a waste of time
    -i heard mother of learning is top notch, but im not a fan of milking the whole loop idea nor do i like cliche magical school settings so Menocht loop is a 10 for me
    -try Chrysalis, tree of aeons, parasite king, Menocht loop, Never die twice, a Maidens frozen heart for some good shit

-things I dropped but you may wanna try: marsh man, parasite and magic, high class mob

sleib likes this.
  8. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    he who fights monsters is the most diappointing waste of time, for something rated that high at least. mc is a bafoon, and his monologue rants dont do his case justice

9. Novel-addict

Novel-addict Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On RR:

A Dragon Idol’s Reincarnation Tale.
    Agent of the Realm? (Complete)
    Azarinth Healer.
    Beyond? (Complete)
    Blue Core.
    Body and Soul. (Complete)
    Cinnamon Bun.
    Demon’s Journey. (Complete)
    Forgotten.
    I Am Going To Die (In This Game-Like Dimension).
    Lament of the Fallen. (Completed)
    Law of Shadows. (Complete)
    Lily Ex Machina. (Completed)
    Magic-Smithing.
    Metaworld Chronicles.
    The Godking’s Legacy.
    The Menocht Loop.
    The Wandering Inn.
    There is no Epic Loot Here, only Puns.
    Threadbare. (Complete)
    To Play With Magic.

On other sites:

Devourer of Destiny. (Not sure where to find it now, but it was one of the best ones)
    Substitute Hero. (Creative novels)
    Taint. (Black Blood Tales)
    Whisper of the Nightingale. (Snowyfeffe)
    Wizard With the Flower Blades. (Honyakysite)
    Worm. (Parahumans wordpress)

sleib likes this.
  10. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree. I've read a lot of it and if you like action/high fantasy or xianxia there is no reason to dislike it. And I've read reviews, on rrl lol, I read novels there even before I was on novel updates and sometimes best novels get bad reviews, while some garbage are filled with praise. Also, Randidly is on the front page for months now so...it is very popular, so no need to worry about reviews and rating. When a novel reaches 1000+ chaps while new interesting characters are still introduced and some of the mystery remains, that means it's very good. Also, old characters are still very relevant. I've rarely read better action scenes and I've read A LOT. Well, this is just my personal view. Have you read it?
    I'm sorry but you seem to have not even read it. I would not even put "school life" as a genre in this novel. And it has one of the greatest character developments.
    I usually dislike repeated time travels...I highly doubt any on that website can match the mother of learning but since I have not read that one I will not jump to conclusions.
    I will check things you recommend, thank you. (high-class mob seems good, I've read some but being weak kinda ruins that setting, strong MC suits it better).

Will not argue about World Keeper, you either hate it or like it :D First chapters are worst though.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  11. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    Check this too, it's print level https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/12251/the-adventures-of-einarr-stigandersen/
    Thanks, I have heard about some and read some of those, but some I did not know about. About He who fights monsters, I dropped it because MC seemed a bit too concerned about theism and atheism and so on...did that change now?

I've read a lot of Andur's tales, I liked them a lot. I did not read for a while because they are too similar so need a break.
    I've heard about snake report but have not read it, thanks.

12. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually read novels with male leads but from what I've heard, those three (especially worm) should be top-notch. Thanks for great recommendations.
    If you do not mind male lead MC you should at least try these three:
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/12251/the-adventures-of-einarr-stigandersen/

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21220/mother-of-learning

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/28307/the-zombie-knight-saga

13. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, most of these I have not heard of and I've only read Beyond among those...thanks a lot for recommendations.

14. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've heard it's a lot of fun, thanks.

15. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have not read others but I love Super Minion, if you like character development try Mother of Learning.
    As for others, I have not seen them. Thanks for recommending, sometimes finding good novels among the trash is so difficult.

16. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. ShimizuA

ShimizuA the best teacher is Life.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I only read those because people recommend it to me lol. They mostly recommend female MC. One story in RR with male MC that I have read was vainqueur the dragon (your usual litrpg system) and robotic dungeon (cultivation type power leveling).

Thanks for the rec. I'll try those. But I have to ask. Is any of them use cultivation power leveling?

sleib likes this.
  18. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll second the recommendation for Worm; I read it, like, five years ago and I still find myself mulling over it occasionally.

Adding to that, I'll also recommend Twig, the third published serial by that author. It's got a delicious setting and lots of tasty complex characters.

sleib likes this.
  19. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of Learning isn't cultivation, not sure about the others but I don't think so.

Mother of Learning has no litrpg system, so the MC has to figure things out themselves. I believe Zombie Knight Saga is litrpg (though I haven't read it)

20. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, none of those have cultivation.
    The first one is adventure fantasy with north mythology. Writing quality is very high, and the book portrays the feel of the ancient north very well...it shocked me.
    The second one is mystary/fanatsy/adventure with great action and gradual character development. The best novel with a time loop for me, I usually dislike when novels mess with time. This one is complete.
    The third is about superheroes, I have not read it for some time it should be action/fantasy/psychological. If I remember correctly MC is a black boy who tried or wanted suicide.