Question Is Legendary Moonlight Sculpture worth it.

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by kirsshiyo, Aug 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. kirsshiyo

kirsshiyo °Support God°^~^

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it worth it reading through all the translators that handle it? I don't mean to degrade the translators that handles it as im only at v12 but im already having hard time reading through the series and the quality of translations are quite close with TTNH after it got dropped (and i notice does translation are gone what happened) so yeah and im dyslexic so im having hard time enjoying the novel considering it have so much hype before.

2. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It really depends on the individual for taste and whatnot, for me I just got frustrated with the MC's pretty much total lack of character development.

3. Oddwaffle

Oddwaffle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's okay. Normal Korean soloist novel. MC grind the game like a drone until he became great and take away all the secret loot and quests by grinding over and over.

sekach, Gitami, Bloodysin28 and 2 others like this.
  4. kirsshiyo

Reading List:
    Link
    Well its a ongoing novel so character development has room for improvement and im use to reading long ass novels i can read atleast a 1000 chapter novel as long as it's interesting and LMS is only on its 500 ish chapter.

5. kirsshiyo

Reading List:
    Link
    Will the translation get better

6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the same question, it also seems needlessly long

kirsshiyo likes this.
  7. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    nope....

kirsshiyo likes this.
  8. Sirusblue

Sirusblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IMO it is worth it until about vol 40s

kirsshiyo likes this.
  9. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you say... grass porridge?

Haven't read it since it became p1 p2 p3... etc. but you said that you are reading v12 so you are reading when it was in japtem hands, it will change hands a few times, so you will see the translation changing quality.

Read it till you get bored.

kirsshiyo likes this.
  10. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like this novel's world and setting and reading about his adventures through the vast and unique Versailles continent...but that's about it. Don't really have any inclination towards any of the characters or much of the plot. But I can read about Weed travelling the Versailles continent and doing massive quests all day if they're always this special. His war with Bard and the other players didn't really excite me very much, they were predictable and lacked any of the majesty of the quests provided by the game.

So yea, players should stick to the story of the game instead of trying to roleplay and create their own story within the game. lol
    Scripted events always have a chance to be bigger and better.

kirsshiyo likes this.
  11. Decimationalism

Decimationalism Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember the translations were iffy about 30 volumes below with the longest arc starting around vol 28 or so? I should also point out that this was one of the earliest vrmmo novels out there to be translated hence and also has high word count and volumes up to 50 or so, but with novels right now your tastes may be "too sophisticated" in hindsight but I blame that on the set standards right now than before(translation, story plot, worldbuilding, character development wise), so no offence

kirsshiyo and sekach like this.
  12. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a classic one, but if you have already used to read a lot of VRMMO novels, maybe it wouldn't be as exciting as what you had expected.
    Just like Mushoku Tensei, people who never read isekai before would really enjoying it for the first time and I was one of them, but maybe it would be different if that said person had already read other works before and only start recently, maybe it would be a meh for that person.

drewjn and kirsshiyo like this.
  13. AurumGold

AurumGold [An Element]

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this novel for a very long time, much longer than I should have really.

Overall I would have maybe liked this novel, if there was even a shred of character development. From the start to finish, his character is the same, no changes whatsoever. It became soo annoying that the plot even basically became stale because the same joke (or I think thats what the writer intended) regarding character.

So in my opinion, don’t expect any changes regarding the MC. He will be the same whether chapter 1 , 100, 1000 or a 1000000 chapters.

kirsshiyo likes this.
  14. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The irony to me is that I translated certain chapters of it in the past. I won't claim whatsoever to have been amazing at it, but I can tell that there is either a LOT that is Lost in Translation (as in the prose and style that doesn't carry over), or the author got lazier. The early to middle volumes had a lot of subtle character and humor within the original language. The more recent volumes I've read seem to be vastly missing the same level of interaction and interest that the previous volumes had.

Reading the paid 'professional' trans of the more recent volumes seem very tone deaf and shallow. As I said, it could be the author has pulled a I Eat Tomatoes, or the translation leaves a lot to be desired. Even though I enjoyed it in the past, I can't get back into it, and I don't have the time to translate it for myself.

So if you binge it and enjoy it, go for it. For it's genre, it is still better than a lot of other vrmmo style fiction series; yet it isn't the best of available Korean novels either. So mileage may vary.

Wujigege and kirsshiyo like this.
  15. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    i recommend Ark....

16. kirsshiyo

Reading List:
    Link
    I've decided I'm dropping it as it took too much of my braincells it just a pity it really had the best VR setting i hope someone would re-translate it.

drewjn likes this.
  17. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ark is far more directed towards Young Adult. Themes, interactions, everything. If you are fine with that, such as enjoying works like that of TJSS (Dolou Dalou), then sure. If you think those types of novels are overly childish and simplistic, you will not like Ark...

Just a heads up, it's not wrong to like what you like.

Wujigege and kirsshiyo like this.
  18. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you reading at Japtem?

19. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    D. Rus - Play to Live series. You can find it on Amazon.

It definitely has more mature themes, but the Russian author was a big fan of the vrmmo genre and read most of them himself. He even has some easter eggs and references to similar works. I kept up until about the 4th of 5th novel, when he changed English translators for localization (not sure if it was just for a few novels, or for the rest).

At least up to there, the story was actually quite good and might scratch your itch. You can likely get the first book for free on Kindle.

Wujigege likes this.
  20. kirsshiyo

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and even tho it is translated i feel so confused the whole time

drewjn, Wujigege and kuroAnsatsu like this.