RANT: When an Idol Falls

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All of that for an online argument..

Dude, if I have that much dedication for my uni, I would probably graduate next year instead of changing major lol

2. Kiki0246

Kiki0246 Top Notch Fujoshi, Owner of ISO TLs

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL I gotta thank Grace then! Grace and I were just talking and she asked if you even knew I was translating for WW haha.

Oh and about the misunderstandings Wuji, I'm not trying to throw hate on you, but it's not poaching if it's just a simple transaction lol.

Butters likes this.
  3. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    man, 5 years for a degree in civil engineering which I believe needs a special dedication to complete too :), , a good job paying well, and BOOM the whole world falls apart, and no, i'm not talking about covid , the crisis here started well before this hell-spawn showed up, resulting in low income job until covid hit and destroy what was left.
    yeah i like to talk well about myself sometimes, after all the world is going to hell recently i need it too but you noticed that even when talking well about myself the ending is as tragic as old times princess stories?(put on small letters because i'm modest with fellow NUF members)
    so end result: a lot of free time; hell i even started to play mmos again. just so you can imagine how much free time it is: i was in the middle of grinding some money on it when this thread pop up, after some coff coff hours of grinding, i felt it was natural to take a break and complain on the forum so i wrote that.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Applause!!!
    You underestimate the number of entitled brats on here and young masters.
    I did say it a few years back. I am not their employee so they do not have a right to demand anything.
    Don't worry me and my translators will have a laugh about this thread later. I just do this once in a while. Bottling things up is not healthy

I do get families fed. I am pretty darn proud of what I do.
    Thanks to you, I didn't say it first so it is technically not bragging :blobowoevil_horns:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  5. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I... actually did not :ROFLMAO:. I knew that we have a Kiki translating (you finished DMG and are working on ROFA, right?), but I didn't know that our Kiki was this Kiki. I was just vaguely aware that there was a relationship between ISO and Volare. I am now aware of everything :ROFLMAO:

This entire thread is just fucking funny. It's an entire rant about something I never even mentioned or knew, ie the whole Wuji not showing who his translators are. I only posted when he called you a liar, and he wants to turn it into a "Oh WW is persecuting me!" type of deal. LOL.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  6. Pyon

Pyon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d like to point out that even ghostwriters get credit.

Popular artist Drake’s Toosie Slide was written by Drake, Eminem, Giveon, Jeff Bass, Noel Cadastre, Sven Thomas, and Steve King.

Nobody is demanding anything. But I will call out on people’s bullshit. Especially if they’re slandering others. The way you are conducting yourself is frankly unprofessional.

7. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

I don't see how calling someone out for being a greedy asshole is somehow demanding or being entitled to anything. In the first place, your logic is kinda dumb? Are you insinuating that we shouldn't be upset that some random ass kids are being paid pennies to do labor for developed western countries? I mean, we should just be grateful that they have jobs at all, and I mean, we get out products so who cares, right? It's just stupid. We live in a society for fucks sake. The entire point of things like BBB and review sites are BECAUSE we SHOULD hold people (business owners and employees alike) accountable for their shitty behavior, whether it's in terms of their service itself (shoddy TL quality, editing etc) or business practices. Again, no one is demanding anything, people are merely calling it what it is, shitty business practices. His recent thread about ~~preying~~ I mean offering them work is a good example. Anyone with a brain can see that it's exploitation, and he jokingly admits it too (assuming he isn't being sarcastic), why is it somehow not OK to call it what it is?

8. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    You missed the point so i don't agree with you calling it "kinda dumb" since you don't even seen to have understand it all, sorry it seems a little aggressive but i did not say that calling people greedy asshole is somehow = demanding something from them and sorry to say but by your own reply you are clear not the public target of my msg since i wrote exactly the opposite of it and by the end i agree with you too, anyone have their freedom to do what they like, even more in the internet and calling someone names is in it, so being a shit boss like you guy's called wuji to be, is right , or being a shit employer like wuji's own employers for the look of it accepts being one, is also right.

i stated that there was literally people "demanding" them to apology, yes, they are demanding some even said "the apology now must be public and not behind scenes" or things like that so i'm not writing about people who started calling names nor any people giving their free opinion on internet about the entire topic here or any other place, where again you and anyone have this right to do so, like i pointed out multiples times,they are DEMANDING and this was not the first time something like that happened on NUF a lot of users, a lot believes that they have right's more than they should and this is a fact in reality not only on NUF but internet as whole , so yeah the target audience of that post should not have been you because you are not demanding anything at least that i have seen so far in this reply , but there was others that was, simple as that, and they are the target audience of my post, not that this matter anyway, since anyone can reply to it but i just wanted to point it out.
    then there is the second part of my post post: that i believe is somehow related to review sites that you mentioned the part related to world view , we can disagree on that, at least pardon me but you seems to really take review sites as something that is really serious about and true but i believe that in today's internet of 2020 review websites are useless, because again people who think they have more rights than they actually have went there and destroyed it with biased reviews and no what so ever standard in doing them in the first place and again in my personal opinion 99,99999999% of them are pretty wrong ones without a touch of sincerity or standards, well to be real i will change that i only think that 90% of them are wrong or without any standards.

My entire wall text was based on the simple premises :
    people can say what they want in NUF.
    people can be judge by others for what they say and do in NUF,
    people CAN NOT expect or demand things from others on NUF.
    in reality you can easily replace NUF for internet above and it would still be pretty much my main point and no we SHOULD not hold people (business owners and employees alike) accountable for something that you really have no idea about, again i know i will get fire for it but the amount paid by Wuji to his employer should be only important to him, his employer and at best the authorities of his country-his employers country not any random guy on the internet on a forum, and for that i will give you the finest example of it all: if google does not fail me: the MINIMUM WAGE in the USA is 1276 US dollars for a 8 hours shift 22 days month and in today's value it equals to = 6635 in my own country currency.
    do you know how much is the base salary of a civil engineer here? from 4,500 to 6000 depending on the location against 6635 from minimum wage in the USA.
    i myself needed a 5 year university to gain less than a minimum wage in the USA, and why this is important? who said that the shit values paid by Wuji in dollars, is not super money in the country of his TL's? who said that again like i wrote in that first post, that payment in dollar is enough for them to live a above average life?
    even if is utter **** if we compare to the standard paid by other users.
    you simple don't know, like i don't know, we don't know about his tl's, we don't know their lives.
    you can not use and should not use the standard of one place to another place, even more since the payment here is in dollar and even if the target audience is still world wide and probably the US itself it does not change the fact that not everyone lives in the US and should not be using the standard of your guy's or better yet, "world wide standard" , so i do agree that most people here should have been from the US and thus should find this normal, but still does not make it right anyway.
    and by the end it, it does not matter Wuji can still be ass**** for you and for the community, hell i can be one too for you guy's, by your own msg i feel that you thought of me as asshole did you not? and you are free to think so, is you free right as my main point of all of this, you can say and do anything, just do it for yourself and don't expect others to follow you and have the same views as you, this is the world wide web, bringing 8 billions people together.(well not really but you get it. )

in the end: feel free to disagree, and feel that it is "kinda dumb", is you free RIGHT to do so, i just gave enough care to write this because you really seems to have missed the point with your reply, or maybe i'm wrong?i don't know after all i'm not you, this is just my impression/understanding of your reply.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    AMissingLinguist and otaku31 like this.
  9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    You have good intentions but you are wasting your time.
    I have tried to reason with them
    You cannot reason with people who have a god complex because they translate.

The crux of the matter is this, an outsider who only speaks English tried to get in on their turf.

There is a reason all those attacking me are translators.

Their smear campaign started before I even started my website when I was a naive fool who joined the translator discord.

I thought it was okay because we all shared the same goal of translating novels.

They only want readers who either worship them because they read for free or readers who give them money.

Readers who translate novels are evil.

I recall vividly the reception I got on Discord before I made it known that I would hire translators and after I made it known.

This community is vile for the most part.

EDIT: Do I need to add religion or politics to get this thread locked?

Trump is an ass
    I am a Christian

EDIT: Lets get one thing straight. The issue was not credit translators. They were demanding " show your translators".
    These crazy idiots on here. You can easily verify with a Google or site search.
    Guan Zhong the wuxiaworld staff member at the time harassed me on here for over a year.
    The moderators on here said they could do nothing.
    I used to be polite until I discovered that being polite to them was not worth it.

10. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

Idk, maybe we understand the nuance of telling someone that their apology should be in public and not in closed doors differently? To me I read it as "Just stop the stupid shit you're doing, admit you're wrong and just apologize", which IMO is not bad either. He doesn't have to apologize, no one is putting a gun to his head, it is a suggestion. Fuck, even murderers don't have to apologize, but it helps them in the long run to show remorse no?

>do you know how much is the base salary of a civil engineer here? from 4,500 to 6000 depending on the location against 6635 from minimum wage in the USA.
    i myself needed a 5 year university to gain less than a minimum wage in the USA, and why this is important? who said that the shit values paid by Wuji in dollars, is not super money in the country of his TL's

None of this matters. Whether or not the amt of money they get is enough for them is irrelevant when the one at the top reaps the majority of the benefits. Hell, from the perspective of the kids in sweatshops, they are probably happy to have any job, and the money they get, even if pennies, might be enough for them to survive. This however, does not in ANY way shape or form negate the legitimate moral problems behind said practices. Not crediting your TLers (unless they expressly say they do not want to), paying them low rates, cutting them when novels underperform, all of these are facts that Wuji himself admits to, and all of them are morally dubious at best, and morally bankrupt IMHO. I don't think you're an asshole, I think your message is way too damn long, but that doesn't make you an asshole.

11. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, again, he’s full of shit. I’ll PayPal anyone $1000 on the spot if they can show the post where I demanded Wuji to “show his translators”. Hell, show me a post before this one where I even mention being aware he didn’t credit his translators.

No one cares that you don’t translate yourself, the problem is that you are full of crap.

12. Butters

Butters Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow don't make me pull out my Photoshop for this man, that's good money!

13. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    this is exactly what is happening , people are putting a gun in the head of some groups-translator with their demands and no, not suggestion but real demands and if the group don't do what they want, they go in a 21 century witch hunt against Tl's-groups and people and this was what made me write that post in the first place, is not about Wuji alone, nor about centinni alone, is about a lot that have been happening recently with the witch hunt situation in this community.
    but i feel that we really won't go anywhere for here, you believe that they are making a suggestion, where for me they are clear a demand, so is over!! better part ways in this subject.

now on this subject i don't agree with that, and to be real i don't understand how you could assume that it does not matter if the tl's are happy or not about the amount of money they are getting , and again i complete disagree with it: i tried to give a new perspective by giving the example from before by implying that maybe paying less than what you guy's consider standard is not so bad, yes for someone living in the US, we must use the standard of US but there is a lot other standards out there and thus judging a business based on US global standards is not RIGHT, i'm gonna put another example in the spoiler feel free to check it out!

and for love of god; comparing tl's to sweetshops boy? i must ask do you really believe they are happy there ( the boys); everyone knows what they are doing, the sweetshops kids also know what they are doing, we don't live in the dark ages anymore and no they are not happy with it too even with their minor cents of payment, it have been proven, there is multiples papers out there about it, studies, news, and entire government and private organizations dealing with it since those children's most of the time are even kidnapped to do it and even to those ones who are not kidnapped to do it, they are not happy with it too, they are forced by the circumstances around them and for sure as hell are not happy with the minor cents they are getting!
    And no: i don't agree that it should be done like that; hell i also wrote a HUGE all text a few days ago talking exactly like that; well not really slavery jobs; but overall how is importance for us to take care of our own human race more.
    Plus , nor the tl's would be happy if what they are getting would be so low like everyone talks about and and if the amount is not enough for them to survive , after all i bet they don't live in a cave; do we really believe that a group of tl's that is translating a novel can not find the website where their work is posted? can not find NUF, the forum? and everyone else? and if they are really not happy with their earning, why would they not seek those new places to change jobs? plus let's not forget that Wuji should have contacted them first and foremost probably by internet too.
    people here don't believe that Wuji's put his tl's in jail so they are forced to work for him right?
    to put this in perspective here: Wuji stated, not officially but in his discussion with Kiki (don't remember her name but is the girl with the cute kitty pic, very lovely ) that in reality he get more or less 0,10 cents per 1000 view in their discussion and in turn uses those values to pay them.
    so yeah he is paying 1/6 of the standard for the community since other notables members of the Community stated that they pay 0,6for1kviews and you guy's are calling him all this names.
    So now i will give my example : if we compare minimum wage alone for a minimum wage job, like McDonald's paying in the US is 10,34/hour (again if google does not fail me.)
    this gives us 1821 dollars.
    A same job that i used above gains: more or less 250 dollars here in my country.
    this is 7 times worse than US.
    so are McDonald here sweatshops? using slave labor, do they deserve to be called all that?
    by what you stated above, pretty much all third rate-second rate countries enterprises in the entire WORLD is pretty much in that category together with McDonald
    this is the main topic: how could we use the global US standard of payment of service, when we don't even know where the end of the world those tl's are?
    only the tl's themselves and the law in their country should be what it matters, not what we care or want to be and we should not witch hunt people for something we don't even know about.
    if this is not enough: here in my country the price for translating a entire university graduation paper is from 100 to 200, that is about 50 dollars, the same amount of money for a standard patreon chapter, and i don't believe i need to mention that a graduation paper is far bigger than one novel chapter, right?
    and people are happy with it, is all done right, there is no problems with the law, nor anything, people makes a living from that and there is also enterprises that group up Tl's for that work, where the enterprises also get a cut from the 200 buck's and no, they are not monsters nor they are paid with US standard. and this is where i'm getting as long the tl's have been paid enough for their standard of living and work environment, the guy is not doing anything wrong, even if his prices seems abysmal compared to every other here, the tl's could get more by changing companies? of course i'm not arguing that, but we also don't see they doing it.
    hell is not this the exactly reason why US transferred the callcenter business to India?

Agree with 90% of that BUT we don't know everything since we are not tl's, in reality, outside of some very dubious msg that shows that Wuji is someway a ass**** to some or too direct to others and that i won't debate this, i just feel that is below myself arguing because i don't really care in the end if he is or not, what i care is about the big picture and we don't really know anything else about the most important factor of it all, "the tl's and the contract between both of them" and we don't have the right to ask(demand) him for it.
    So i just don't put myself in that position to judge even if i stated before, that yes we are free to express ourselves the way we want in the internet and ; like what i wrote before when i wrote "you could think that i'm being a asshole" was more in way to show it, just a joke about anyone is free to think about what they want about me but like all what have happened recently things have been taken too far with this and escalate to a entire new territory and this does not means they/we are right in doing so and this is why i choice to not put myself on that position in the first place.

in reality everything i wanted was to talk about people demanding more than they deserve and the WITCH HUNTING that was happening because of it and and in wuji's case in my humbly opinion the only "right opinion" is the ones from his tl's or his own country law agency and they are clear not here on NUF, so all of this is pointless besides the standard damage to people reputations, just like many other drama cases.
    in the end each case is different but we "normal citizens of NUF" are not the ones who have the right to judge them, and by "right" i mean "the one and true right to judge, to give a final answer, a final verdict about the subject in question" because we are not the ones involved in it but what is happening in the end? the opposite, the "normal citizens" are arguing, witch hunting and judging and sometimes even demanding punishments in the worse way possible, since is going full blow witch hunt most of the time that damages not only the target reputation but those around him too!

and all of this could be expanded to a far bigger "scenario" as well and not only works for "nuf" ; that we should not do all of that if we are just "random citizens" looking at it from afar because this is not in our own responsibilities and duties and we don't have the "right" to do so!!

So i don't understand how i went from all of that to more or less plays lawyer for wuji in this subject, i still don't understand how i got here but i understand that since i wrote all of this in his thread, his name coming up is inevitable so this will be my final msg of today, i'm gonna go play something and sleep, if anyone reply to it i will check it tomorrow, if i'm in the mood i will answer but i'm done with it as well, my rant was about people asking more than they deserve, going beyond the limits of what could be called "freedom" in the internet and the witch hunt that always resulted from it, somehow i have lost myself in the sea of msg's.

otaku31 likes this.
  14. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    so, the summary of this thread seems to be:
    Wuji: I've been exposed as being like one of those shady fly-by-night businesses because i'm in it for the money. holy shit, i'm being oppressed by WW and RWX.
    RWX: Someone mentioned my name? *reads OP*.. Ooook... Well, this is WTF and another Wuji crackthread.
    some random commenters: much confused... oh, it's another Wuji crackthread

15. TheGreatStick

TheGreatStick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What a clown fiesta

Mentalperson likes this.
  16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Many here are vile pieces of shit. I have enough evidence to back it up

https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/petition-to-ban-wuji-threads.72836/

I also got threats via email because I refused to "fall in line".

Welcome to NUF

17. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL, I never saw that link!

In general, this is a good rule of thumb for life - If one person calls you an asshole, he might be the asshole. If almost everyone calls you an asshole, then yeah, it's most likely that you are an asshole. It's a great saying I've seen online, and it's worth all of us remembering in the various communities we are in and in the daily interactions we have.

18. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    threads are locked on mods' discretion, not necesssarily "on request". not to mention, there's also this;
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/1147228/
    credit to @Parth37955

i somewhat agree.
    also, asking for thread lock is a privilege for post starter, not an entitle.

careful that you might get banned from the thread (or worse, the forum) instead.
    useful link : https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/forum-rules.29321/

19. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    The thread has obviously devolved into insults.
    I am pretty sure that is grounds to lock it

20. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    if you could point out which one to the mods (report), along with sufficient reasoning, perhaps your case would be heard with more weight. avoid one-lining unless it is something 'clear and easy to see' like "wrong section", or "double post", or "adbot" just a few example.

btw, i've already read this thread once, so i'm not going through 60 posts to find it. it could be too mild from my pov, hence i missed it, idk.