Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. cotton mortal

cotton mortal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, a totally different body and appearance. Even the height is different, WWX's original body is taller than Mo Xuanyuan's body. However, both of the bodies actually look very similar in the donghua and the manhua, while the drama changed the "summoned plot" so the same actor plays both roles.

Fan arts are beautiful!

Your welcome!

2. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched the dong hua and read manhua before I read the novel.
    At that time, I was confused and thought 'maybe they are twins or somewhere down the line are blood related', coz very similar.

Hmm, then why WWX still couldnt pull Suibian?
    The core he sacrificed for JC is the one in his old body, right? Or not?

3. cotton mortal

Reading List:
    Link
    :LOL: I could see the struggle there.

WWX did pull Suibian because Suibian recognizes that he (the soul) is its owner despite WWX being in Mo Xuanyuan's body.
    Yes, the golden core belongs to WWX's original body. Suibian recognizes the golden core as WWX and so let JC unsheathed it.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  4. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, then by the end of it, both WWX and JC can unsheathe suibian then.

cotton mortal likes this.
  5. ErryChu

ErryChu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone knows, why do you thinks that Jin GuangYao believed or HAD to kill Nie MingJue?

Did Jin GuangYao decided to kill Nie MingJue due to the fact that Nie MingJue was going to try killing Xue Yang if Jin does not kill him?

6. cotton mortal

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the novel a long time ago, so take my words with a grain of salt.

One reason does have to do with Xue Yang just like you mentioned. Another reason is that Nie Mingjue kicked Meng Yao down the Crap Tower’s stairway the same way as Jin Guangshan did. This is the ultimate move that urged Meng Yao to kill Nie Mingjue because it brings back the memories of being looked down upon. So he killed Nie Mingjue through hatred.

7. PechDepi

PechDepi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep adding more to this thread (even if nearly everyone know all about it)

cotton mortal likes this.
  8. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone saw the new translation on mdzs by another translator? I am wondering how they differ from Exiled Rebel.

9. emiliers

emiliers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're referring to accuracy, I took a peek at both and compared them to the original, and they're both about the same? ExR's earlier translations drops a few words here and there, but it conveys the meaning pretty smoothly (and the translator improves over the course of the translation), while the new translation is a lot rougher in the editing department (as in, they should probably get an editor, since some of their sentences sound a bit awkward) and they also add some extraneous words here and there. But they're generally about equal? I think ExR has better translations of terms than the new one though. (Yiling Patriarch is more accurate and sounds way better than Old Yiling Master lmao.)

I'm legit kind of baffled about all the attempts at MDZS retranslations, though, since it's not like ExR's translation was bad or inaccurate in any way. (It's in fact still one of the best translation efforts for a CN webnovel.) Like, there are so many other good novels without translations... Well, not like I should have any say in all of this anyway.

10. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
    I see thanks.

11. asyx

asyx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The new body is different than WWX. He's shorter, slimmer, more pretty-boyish. In the drama, it's the same body but I don't consider that canon. The reason they look similar is mostly for viewer benefit.
    LXC and JC ships have no canon basis. Just people's preferences. I read somewhere that the author said everyone but the protagonists and MXY are straight, but fans can ship whomever they like. The author also said that as long as the main couple are untouched, she doesn't really care who you ship with whom.

12. Chiisai-hime

Chiisai-hime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know if the new print of the novel (2019/2020) contains any censoring? I presume since it's a Taiwanese publisher (Pinsin), it's safe, but I do want to know whether my smexy scenes will be in this gorgeous paperback version before buying XD

Sorry if this has already been asked already >_<

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  13. emiliers

emiliers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, both books.tw and eslite label the fourth/last book as R-18, so I assume it isn't censored lmao. They also seem to have released a separate thin book just for the following extras (I'm using ExR's naming here): Intrusion, Iron Hook, Lotus Seed Pod, and Dreams Come True. (The other extras are included in the fourth/last book, according to the descriptions.)

From the looks of it, the contents don't seem all that different from the old editions other than the new cover art.

14. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    The New PV to the Chibi animation of MDZS.
    http://m.weibo.cn/status/4519400910356866

Its not censored. The Taiwanese printed copy are the only uncensored version from what I know and the missing Extras was released in Taiwan a while back.

However bare in mind the Taiwanese version is in traditional Chinese.

15. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it also written vertically instead of horizontally? Aside from being written in traditional, Taiwanese novels are usually read up-down-left-right.

16. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    For MDZS, Taiwanese paperback is written vertically, where you read from up to down and the set up is like how the Japanese Mangas are like where the book and the pages you turn is to the right instead of the left (after reading a page). So its up down, right-left.

However the republished version to Wuji in China, this version is censored by the way:
    [​IMG]
    ^ is printed like a normal English novel format, where it's written horizontally, and read from left-right. This is in Simplified Chinese.

In the overall, most Taiwanese published novels I know are written vertically, reading from right-left, however there are some modern setting novels written horizontally, left-right. So it really just depends I guess, but all Taiwanese published novels are printed in Traditional Chinese.

17. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Oops, typo on my part, I meant to say up-down-right-left haha. I love Taiwanese novels but I’m so slow at reading vertically still. But it makes sense the Chinese version is the standard left-right.

18. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha well I guess it can take time to get used to reading it vertically. For me personally I love reading it like that since it gives a somewhat ancient feeling like you're back in those ancient times xD

19. Nami Heartfilia

Nami Heartfilia Zhongli is my true love and husband

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link